Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman beats Gears of War???

x_DMX_x said:
Jay520 said:
So, Batman is a good game. What's your purpose.

I said don't take this seriously yet it looks like you are.

My purpose?Nothing really I just wan't to know how it feels when you hype up a game yet it isn't even good enough to be your best game.



You do realise the VGAs aren't an absolute measure of quality, yes? You do know quality is subjective, yes? You do realise both Gears & Batman were both met to critical acclaim and have been unanimously declared as some of the best games of the year, yes? You do realise one is a shooter & one is an action-advenure game? You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes? So, why the hell would you make that statement?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
x_DMX_x said:
Jay520 said:
So, Batman is a good game. What's your purpose.

I said don't take this seriously yet it looks like you are.

My purpose?Nothing really I just wan't to know how it feels when you hype up a game yet it isn't even good enough to be your best game.



You do realise the VGAs aren't an absolute measure of quality, yes? You do know quality is subjective, yes? You do realise both Gears & Batman were both met to critical acclaim and have been unanimously declared as some of the best games of the year, yes? You do realise one is a shooter & one is an action-advenure game? You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes? So, why the hell would you make that statement?

Wait what?I said how can you hype up a game so much,but it can't even win as your best game.Batman being the 360's best game made me laugh so much because it's a multi plat lol.

"You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes?"BULLSHIT!!!!

How many people use metacritic or sales on here to determine which one of their games is better LOL!Exactly.



The VGAs also named a broken heap of bugs and crashes as their GOTY, so who gives a shit what they say?



x_DMX_x said:

Wait what?I said how can you hype up a game so much,but it can't even win as your best game.Batman being the 360's best game made me laugh so much because it's a multi plat lol.

"You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes?"BULLSHIT!!!!

How many people use metacritic or sales on here to determine which one of their games is better LOL!Exactly.

That just about sums it up. Why would you laugh if the 360's best game of the year was a multiplat and rub the pointless information in people's faces? I think we all know why.



brendude13 said:
x_DMX_x said:

Wait what?I said how can you hype up a game so much,but it can't even win as your best game.Batman being the 360's best game made me laugh so much because it's a multi plat lol.

"You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes?"BULLSHIT!!!!

How many people use metacritic or sales on here to determine which one of their games is better LOL!Exactly.

That just about sums it up. Why would you laugh if the 360's best game of the year was a multiplat and rub the pointless information in people's faces? I think we all know why.

"Why would you laugh if the 360's best game of the year was a multiplat"

Who wouldn't I wouldve done the same thing if Uncharted lost to say ummm Portal 2 lol.I mean when you hype up a game so much like Gears and Uncharted you HAVE to win as your consoles best game.If not you pretty much failed.



Around the Network
x_DMX_x said:
Jay520 said:
x_DMX_x said:
Jay520 said:
So, Batman is a good game. What's your purpose.

I said don't take this seriously yet it looks like you are.

My purpose?Nothing really I just wan't to know how it feels when you hype up a game yet it isn't even good enough to be your best game.



You do realise the VGAs aren't an absolute measure of quality, yes? You do know quality is subjective, yes? You do realise both Gears & Batman were both met to critical acclaim and have been unanimously declared as some of the best games of the year, yes? You do realise one is a shooter & one is an action-advenure game? You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes? So, why the hell would you make that statement?

Wait what?I said how can you hype up a game so much,but it can't even win as your best game.Batman being the 360's best game made me laugh so much because it's a multi plat lol.

"You do realise there's no way to objectively declare one game as better, yes?"BULLSHIT!!!!

How many people use metacritic or sales on here to determine which one of their games is better LOL!Exactly.



Let me put it this way: The VGAs aren't an absolute measure of quality, just because they say Batman is better doesn't mean it's better.

Also, the only people that use sales & miniscule differences in metacritic/reviews as an absolute to determine quality are fanboys. And people who do what fanboys do, are fanboys themselves.

Also, even if Batman was proven to be objectively better, that would mean nothing. Just because a multiplat is better than an exclusive means nothing. The only people that genuinely care are fanboys.

Thought this might of been a serious topic at first but your replies make it clear you was just trolling.
Batman is a better game, Lots of games get hyped up and Gears was one of them, So what if it got beaten by another highly hyped game?? Did you want all the games that got hype this year to win the award?

People hype a game as they think its something they will enjoy not because they think it will win GotY on some trash TV show.



badgenome said:
The VGAs also named a broken heap of bugs and crashes as their GOTY, so who gives a shit what they say?

It's not so much that it was named GOTY, Bethesda were named best studio of the year! My friend's Brother made a patch for Oblivion that was better than the one that Bethesda released.



brendude13 said:
badgenome said:
The VGAs also named a broken heap of bugs and crashes as their GOTY, so who gives a shit what they say?

It's not so much that it was named GOTY, Bethesda were named best studio of the year! My friend's Brother made a patch for Oblivion that was better than the one that Bethesda released.

My dog released a better patch in my neighbors' yard this morning.



lol that is sad lol ur right gears 3 sux awesome thread man wtf rofl