By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter 3G FW=470K+ 3DS=370K+(over 3million in Japan)

Incredible the phenomenon of Monster Hunter in Japan!

Around the Network

Expected. It's on a system that has Mario, Dragon Quest, and Pokemon. The 3 biggest IPs ever in Japan.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Wow, insane 3DS numbers! MH3G had a great start as well, higher than MK7's debut last week.

I went and got my copy of it on Sunday and at several places the game was sold out. On my streetpass the last few days the majority of people have been playing MH3G!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

is MH3G an expansion of MH3 on Psp or just a remake??

if it's an expansion it will probably sell quite a lot of 3DS systems the following weeks, and a great way for Nintendo to counter-attack vita launch....

*Yoshi*'s signature is magical, i want one for Toad! :  )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

is MH3G an expansion of MH3 on Psp or just a remake??

if it's an expansion it will probably sell quite a lot of 3DS systems the following weeks, and a great way for Nintendo to counter-attack vita launch....

*Yoshi*'s signature is magical, i want one for Toad! :  )

To my understanding, it's an expansion of MH3 on Wii.  It contains many (if not all) of the monsters and the extra location found in MHP3 (the PSP game I assume you meant), as well as the co-op offline multiplayer found in handheld MH games (which is arguably the main attraction of the series and is my explanation of the large sales gap between home console and handheld MH).

To conclude, basically think of the game as MH3 remade for the 3DS with a shit loads of new monsters and made in the style of the series PSP games.

Around the Network

pezus said:

Expected, after the preview. The Source predicted numbers from 350k-500k for 3DS

Now we agree with the source :P haha

Well I expected something like 300k (MK7 second week hardware decrease to offset MH increase and seasonality). Seems though 3DS is on fire in Japan atm. Vita will need to catch up

pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:

Expected, after the preview. The Source predicted numbers from 350k-500k for 3DS

Well I expected something like 300k (MK7 second week hardware decrease to offset MH increase and seasonality). Seems though 3DS is on fire in Japan atm. Vita will need to catch up

Lol, I expected insane numbers too even before the preview. This is Monster Hunter we're talking about + seasonality.

True true.... Insane numbers really. Biggest numbers I've seen in Japan since the inception of VGC

pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:

Lol, I expected insane numbers too even before the preview. This is Monster Hunter we're talking about + seasonality.

True true.... Insane numbers really. Biggest numbers I've seen in Japan since the inception of VGC

What were Wii sales when FFXIII and NSMBWii released? Close to these numbers I think 

No way! At around 100k for week ending december 10'sh (for some reason i can't access the old numbers). But i remember that its highest week in december was at around 250k. DS also didn't have these numbers in 2007. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold another million and end up with 4 million units in its first year

pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:

What were Wii sales when FFXIII and NSMBWii released? Close to these numbers I think 

No way! At around 100k for week ending december 10'sh (for some reason i can't access the old numbers). But i remember that its highest week in december was at around 250k. DS also didn't have these numbers in 2007. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold another million and end up with 4 million units in its first year

Ah yeah, NSMBWii launched earlier than FFXIII. It's the FFXIII week I'm talking about.

Like i said, Highest Wii numbers in December 2009 were around 250k'sh, PS3 was around 230k'sh (for some odd reason i remember that so well :P)