By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who do you want as the USA president in 2013?

Who do you want as the next USA president?

Barack Obama 120 43.17%

Newt Gingrich 18 6.47%

Ron Paul 78 28.06%

Mitt Romney 10 3.60%

Rick Perry 10 3.60%

Gary Johnson 3 1.08%

Rick Santorum 0 0%

Michelle Bachman 8 2.88%

Other,Please mention 31 11.15%

Total:278
MontanaHatchet said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
Mr Khan said:

As Kasz has pointed out, money tends to follow popularity, and not the other way around.

Any clear proof for that? Because I really don't believe this is true when huge corporations with big wallets can donate as well.

I might believe that the number of donators somehow follows popularity, but not the sum of donations.

Comparing the campaign funding of Mitt Romney and Ron Paul for example shows huge differences:

Ron Paul

48 percent from small individual contributions

Ron Paul for Congress Cmte, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Mason Capital Management, Microsoft, Boeing, Google, Overland Sheep, IBM*

Mitt Romney

10 percent from small individual contributions

Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse Group, Morgan Stanley, HIG Capital, Barclays, Kirkland & Ellis, Bank of America, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, EMC Corp, JPMorgan Chase*

So are you blaming Jews or corporations/banks? Or both? Is your argument wholly anti-semitic or just partially?

WTF?

I was just about to report your posting, but then I saw that you are a moderator, so I guess there's no point in doing so.

I really don't understand how people like you could become moderators though.

Around the Network

I support Ron Paul just due to the fact that he seems real. Honestly i don't see a Republican winning this election this year. Im Independent so i vote for who seems more truthful

Other:

Any of the Green Party candidates:

California
Kent Mesplay
San Diego, California

Massachusetts 2012
Jill Stein
Boston

Michigan 2012
Harley Mikkelson
Caro

ArnoldRimmer said:
MontanaHatchet said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
Mr Khan said:

As Kasz has pointed out, money tends to follow popularity, and not the other way around.

Any clear proof for that? Because I really don't believe this is true when huge corporations with big wallets can donate as well.

I might believe that the number of donators somehow follows popularity, but not the sum of donations.

Comparing the campaign funding of Mitt Romney and Ron Paul for example shows huge differences:

Ron Paul

48 percent from small individual contributions

Ron Paul for Congress Cmte, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Mason Capital Management, Microsoft, Boeing, Google, Overland Sheep, IBM*

Mitt Romney

Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse Group, Morgan Stanley, HIG Capital, Barclays, Kirkland & Ellis, Bank of America, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, EMC Corp, JPMorgan Chase*

So are you blaming Jews or corporations/banks? Or both? Is your argument wholly anti-semitic or just partially?

WTF?

I was just about to report your posting, but then I saw that you are a moderator, so I guess there's no point in doing so.

I really don't understand how people like you could become moderators though.

What were you going to report me for anyways if I wasn't a moderator? What I said was accurate and I never insulted you. I quote:

"I'm afraid Ron Paul is not going to get that much money, like Obama. The jewish lobby doesn't like them, because they are both not unconditionally loyal to Israel in cases when Israel's and America's interests collide. Ron Paul wasn't even invited to that AIPAC republican presidential candidates event. For that reason, both Ron Paul and Obama will probably collect small campaign funding budgets and also get few votes from both jews and evangelicalist christs."

Interesting that the first thing you mention regarding a lack of fundraising ability is Jews and Israel. Don't push your luck.

What the? How are 46% of you in favour of Obama? He hasn't done anything good.

I'm Canadian so I can't vote in America obviously, but I support Ron Paul. He's a true Libertarian, and the only one who will make the tough calls in order to cut debt, stop inflation, bring back sound money, etc. Ron Paul 2012!

You know what you'll get with Obama...4 more years of deficit spending and broken promises. And the other Republicans (except Gary Johnson) will also do hardly anything to cut spending and will be not much better than Obama. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only proper choices to bring America back to greatness.

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:

Mitt Romney

Foreign banks?

What if Russian and Chinese companies did this lol

well what do you know. more political talk. this is all you guy's have to talk about really?

there is noone more capable then Obama and Ron Paul. i hate Politic's. yea welcome be back or not. this thread wakes the dead.

MontanaHatchet said:

What were you going to report me for anyways if I wasn't a moderator? What I said was accurate and I never insulted you. I quote:

"I'm afraid Ron Paul is not going to get that much money, like Obama. The jewish lobby doesn't like them, because they are both not unconditionally loyal to Israel in cases when Israel's and America's interests collide. Ron Paul wasn't even invited to that AIPAC republican presidential candidates event. For that reason, both Ron Paul and Obama will probably collect small campaign funding budgets and also get few votes from both jews and evangelicalist christs."

Interesting that the first thing you mention regarding a lack of fundraising ability is Jews and Israel. Don't push your luck.

Ah, now at least I get a clue what you're actually talking about. See, it's not that easy to realize that you are talking about a completely different posting than the one you actually replied to.

There's absolutely no anti-semitism in the statement above, but I can still understand that some people would misinterpret it, believing it has an anti-semite undertone. But it's just obvious that the by far most influential lobby group does indeed have an influence on the voting, and that candidates that this lobby group doesn't support have a certain disadvantage. But that has little to do with the fact that the most influential lobby group in the USA is in fact the jewish lobby. If for example the most influential lobby group was the tobacco industry, things would be just the same: A candidate who openly speaks against smoking would probably not get support from the tobacco lobby, and would thus have a certain disadvantage over other candidates who claim that they support the tobacco industry.

kowenicki said:
snakenobi said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I asked you if you could provide statistics to support the "trend" that you stated. So far, you have provided nothing but talking points. If you don't have any knowledge of what you're talking about, please don't make threads on the matter.

and if you don't like others thread don't comment in it.

you don't just enter a thread and just ask people to bring statistics or links to prove everything.You can have a conversation once in a whileand before asking others,you bring statistics  you are the one not agreeing with my comment

stop dictating others

I'm pretty sure think mods are allowed to dictate how threads work... its kinda the main part of the job description.

weird huh?

this may be a stupid question(but i highly doubt it), but were in a mod's JOB description does it say they have the right to dictate the direction a thread goes. thats reaching well past the power a mod has, and never have i seen a mod take control of a thread, as that's exactly what you're indicating. srry i meant implying. 

as Machina told me when i made the verdict(my thoughts on E3) and asked him if i should continue, based on a complaint about me making the thread well after E3. Machina told me there is no timeline or cut off date for when a thread can be made so it's even more doubtful that a mod can dictate a thread. thats the op's job. 

the topic of most threads are self explanatory by the title, or what the op puts in the op, and further more if a mod takes over a thread then it gets locked. that you should know.

Montanahatchet if what i've deduced is wrong then let me know. of course i'll make less threads then i do now which is about 2 every 5 months.

"Anyway, Barack Obama. He did in his first three years more then Bush did in his entire 8. Passed Health Care Reform, Lily Ledbetter, ended Don't Ask Don't Tell, passed Financial Reform and created the Consumer Protection Bureau, the Credit Card Acountability Act (ended retroactive rate increases, mandated 45 day notice before rate increases, and more), ended the federal ban on stem cell research, passed the Stimulus package which according to the non partisan CBO saved and created millions of jobs and kept the recession from getting much worse, he got Osama Bin Laden and ended the war in Iraq."

He did more then Bush but what is he compared to Clinton and Reagan or the FDR of our generation lol!

- Health Care reform were not complete and will likely be curtailed in the future by either courts or future Republican Presidents.
- The Fin reforms are a joke compared to what he wanted. Its like he wanted to get regulation and in the end got industry guidelines.
- The stuff about credit cards is good, but nothing is being done on many different things going wrong in the fin services industry.
- The stimulus plan did save jobs but that is about it. Overall it was a huge failure as govt stimilus plans are not only suppose to save some jobs. They are suppose to restart an entire economy and this did not happen and this is a something Obama believes in when almost every world leader has now abadoned. He pretty much championed a Keynesian economics revival and killed in within a few years lol.

I agree on Iraq, Osama, Don't Ask and Stem Cell Research.

However his achievements are nothing special. With two years of total domination of the House and Senate, he should have been able to do much more. He was not able to do so, as he had no executive experience. When he started to get the hang of things, he lost control of congress.

He has not been able to become the better man over the infighting in Washington and it appears rather then being concerned about Americans, wants to exploit the infighting for his 2012 campaign. Sure, the republicans are stonewalling, but Obama has made it clear that he blames everything that is wrong now with congress and he should assume no responsibility.

He is a weak leader and is not a special person or a great President in any sense. I would say he is mediocre at best.

Even so, the Republican field is not very strong either. So he will likely get 4 more years, but if things stay the same for Obama, he will be seen as a big disappointment in history.