By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who do you want as the USA president in 2013?

Who do you want as the next USA president?

Barack Obama 120 43.17%

Newt Gingrich 18 6.47%

Ron Paul 78 28.06%

Mitt Romney 10 3.60%

Rick Perry 10 3.60%

Gary Johnson 3 1.08%

Rick Santorum 0 0%

Michelle Bachman 8 2.88%

Other,Please mention 31 11.15%

Total:278

@snakenobi

how exactly are you expecting to have an arguement based on no evidence?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Christopher Hitchens

kowenicki said:
snakenobi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
snakenobi said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I asked you if you could provide statistics to support the "trend" that you stated. So far, you have provided nothing but talking points. If you don't have any knowledge of what you're talking about, please don't make threads on the matter.

and if you don't like others thread don't comment in it.

you don't just enter a thread and just ask people to bring statistics or links to prove everything.You can have a conversation once in a whileand before asking others,you bring statistics  you are the one not agreeing with my comment

stop dictating others

I'm pretty sure think mods are allowed to dictate how threads work... its kinda the main part of the job description.

weird huh?

Thank you.

For the OP: I'd like to see substantial discussion. If one wants to indicate trends, statistics are an important part of that. For example, if I were to state that rates of obesity are higher in the American South than the Northeast, I would provide a graph like this:

The statistics support my claim and I've backed up my argument. If you would like to have worthwhile discussions about politics, it's something to consider.

i wasn't indicating trends just debating with kowen what i was trying to say

We were just debating and he came out and said that what i said was 'compeltely incorrect' which isn't relevant in our conversation as we weren't debating facts but just having a conversation.

yeah statistics help in a debate about trends but i din't really want to debate it in the first place as i was just having a conversation

Listen...

You said, and I paraphrase,  that if all were wealthy then "nobody" would take drugs.  I said thats incorrect... it is.  You stated something as a fact and I dsputed it.

Its a but like saying that if everyone was wealthy then nobody would commit financial crime... its ludicrous.  

i did apologize for it earlier

you didn't tell me that you were indicating to that but continued on.

"Christopher Hitchens"

Lol Americans would vote in any GOP Candidate rather then a snobbish atheist.

My point being, is crazy GOP's and people like Hitchens are not the people we should have as our leaders.

Plus Obama, has not done much to be honest. You will see his healthcare laws get changed around as well.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

While I'm no fan of the republican party I think it's time for Obama to go.

>Voting in the United States

Do you think pro-wrestling is real as well?

Obama is going to win because the government only needs one vote to determine the next president; their own.

@twisted comlex

pretty sure the Republicans didn't vote themselves out of office in 2008

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

the federal reserve will NEVER be done away with, and world war 3 is INEVITABLE. only 144,000 shall be saved will the rest of humanity burns in HELL.

Being from Europe, I am of course much less familiar with the presential candidates.

But I've read some articles about the various candidates and Ron Paul quite impressed me, because he seems to really believe in the original, truely american ideas of the founding fathers (not the kind of crap that neo-conservatives prey), and seems to stay loyal to his beliefs even in cases when they are unpopular. (for example legalizing drugs)

He seems to also be very popular among the american population, but unfortunately I don't think he's going to win. Remember that in US presidential campaigns, the candidate with the bigger campaign funding budget wins with a probability of about 90%. I'm afraid Ron Paul is not going to get that much money, like Obama. The jewish lobby doesn't like them, because they are both not unconditionally loyal to Israel in cases when Israel's and America's interests collide. Ron Paul wasn't even invited to that AIPAC republican presidential candidates event. For that reason, both Ron Paul and Obama will probably collect small campaign funding budgets and also get few votes from both jews and evangelicalist christs.

Ron Paul might just be the best presidential candidate America has seen in a long time. If he gets elected, I think America might actually recover again. If however Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich will be elected (and I'm afraid one of them will), then good night USA, America's situation will become much worse than it already is.