By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS to 3DS transfers everything over

Luthor said:
d21lewis said:
I have a few games on my 3DS that I got specifically for my daughter (like Freaky Forms). She gets a 3DS on Christmas. Is it possible to just transfer that game and a few others or is it all or nothing?

You can transfer only one game if you want. I've done it with my old DS.

Thanks, Lex.  No matter what Superman says about you, you're alright with me!  My kid is gonna be so happy on Christmas morning!

Around the Network
Roma said:
thekitchensink said:
That's good, but does this mean you HAVE to transfer everything over? I was thinking this may be a good way to lend a digital game to a friend.

haha “lend” you say?

:P don’t you think Nintendo knows that people will start to “lend” their games to others?

If you transfer data from one 3DS to the other the old one becomes formatted completely making it as if it was new again.

Nintendo would loose money if they didn’t do it this way

Well, I meant they could make it so that your own 3DS cannot play the game until your friend transfers it back to you.  But yeah, I suppose that would involve Nintendo leading the pack in some way with the Internet, which obviously doesn't happen.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Internet History?

oh dear

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well Done Nintendo!

Super Cool!

Switch!!!

I know I just necro'd a thread, but I just wanted to update everybody on the 3DS data transfer rather than creating a new thread.

I just recently bought another 3DS (Purple), which is for my gf this time. When transferring data, it completely wipes out your old 3DS and move every single little thing over making the old 3DS pretty much formatted as if it's brand new. It does transfer the Ambassador Certificate. She now has all my games. I lost it all to her (it's okay!). I had to edit the main Mii, and link her own Nintendo account.

What's cool, though, is that as the file transfers a bunch of Pikmin comes out and act like they're moving every piece of data! It's so cute :)

Around the Network
PSwii60 said:

I know I just necro'd a thread, but I just wanted to update everybody on the 3DS data transfer rather than creating a new thread.

I just recently bought another 3DS (Purple), which is for my gf this time. When transferring data, it completely wipes out your old 3DS and move every single little thing over making the old 3DS pretty much formatted as if it's brand new. It does transfer the Ambassador Certificate. She now has all my games. I lost it all to her (it's okay!). I had to edit the main Mii, and link her own Nintendo account.

What's cool, though, is that as the file transfers a bunch of Pikmin comes out and act like they're moving every piece of data! It's so cute :)

Yeah, I did this when I got my kid's 3DS.  We copied all of the stuff from the DSi to the 3DS.  In the case of DSi to 3DS, you can copy one thing over (ie: Just a game or just pictures) instead of copying everything.  I wanted to give her Freaky Forms but it said that EVERYTHING would be copied and her 3DS data would be overwritten.  Since I didn't want to be stuck with a pink 3DS, we didn't do that.  I just bought her the game from the eShop.

d21lewis said:
PSwii60 said:

Yeah, I did this when I got my kid's 3DS.  We copied all of the stuff from the DSi to the 3DS.  In the case of DSi to 3DS, you can copy one thing over (ie: Just a game or just pictures) instead of copying everything.  I wanted to give her Freaky Forms but it said that EVERYTHING would be copied and her 3DS data would be overwritten.  Since I didn't want to be stuck with a pink 3DS, we didn't do that.  I just bought her the game from the eShop.

I always picture you with no pants in deep, sexy Phil Hartman voice