By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog: The Last of Us will provide “an experience unlike anything else in the industry”

Tagged games:

ND hasn't let me down with the jak&daxter and the uncharted series(never played the crash bandicoot games) so i know the won't let me down with "The Last of US" that game completely stole the show!!!

Around the Network
Christhor said:
Christhor said:
Those are some big claims they are making, let's hope they will be able to back it up and make a good game again.

Big claims eh? Well when has ND made a bad game really? They did the Crash Bandicoot series which was very good and put them truly on the map. Then you had the entire Jak and Daxter series which was also a series of very good games, and finally they released 3 Uncharted games all of them top notch. Very few studios I can say that about (*cough Bethesda with reskinned overrated glitchy games, *cough Rockstar).

There's a difference between it being a good game and it being "an experience unlike anything else in the industry". Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Naughty Dog, they were one of the main reasons why I bought a Ps3, actually Drake's Fortune was the definite reason. However, they really do not make games that are unlike anything else in the industry, or they have not up til this point. Platformers were hardly anything new, though ND made some amazing ones. Uncharted is basically just taking tons of elements from other games and adding set-pieces. If the set-pieces are enough for Uncharted to be "an experience unlike anything else in the industry", then I guess every game with an unique story is as well. In that case, it's a non-statement.

And you really cannot compare Bethesda and Rockstar to Naughty Dog. Bethesda and Rockstar make huuuuge and expansive games, while, at least in this generation, Naughty Dog have only made linear as hell games. And even with it being really linear, there are still way more glitches than there should be. In Uncharted 3 anyway, I died several times due to glitches in that game. I would much rather forgive glitches from Bethesda or Rockstar than Naughty Dog.

That is an opinion, and a somewhat lazy one at that. Lots of words, though.

Metrium said:
sweet, an other overated interactive movie where they try to hide the bad gameplay of an average game behind crazy cinematics where all you do is press X a couple of times.

Well if you don't like games like this, why do you bother to take any interest in them, especially as you decide what they are like from 1 trailer and the word cinematic? Clearly your predictive talents are wasted in video game forums

"in-game" is not the same thing as "real-time rendered"

And the names are in!

Joel is played by Troy Baker and Ellie by Ashley Johnson. Also I'm happy to hear most of the Uncharted 2 dev team have been working hard on this since 2009. My guess is release late next year around October.

Around the Network
Pjams said:
Christhor said:
Christhor said:
Those are some big claims they are making, let's hope they will be able to back it up and make a good game again.

Big claims eh? Well when has ND made a bad game really? They did the Crash Bandicoot series which was very good and put them truly on the map. Then you had the entire Jak and Daxter series which was also a series of very good games, and finally they released 3 Uncharted games all of them top notch. Very few studios I can say that about (*cough Bethesda with reskinned overrated glitchy games, *cough Rockstar).

There's a difference between it being a good game and it being "an experience unlike anything else in the industry". Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Naughty Dog, they were one of the main reasons why I bought a Ps3, actually Drake's Fortune was the definite reason. However, they really do not make games that are unlike anything else in the industry, or they have not up til this point. Platformers were hardly anything new, though ND made some amazing ones. Uncharted is basically just taking tons of elements from other games and adding set-pieces. If the set-pieces are enough for Uncharted to be "an experience unlike anything else in the industry", then I guess every game with an unique story is as well. In that case, it's a non-statement.

And you really cannot compare Bethesda and Rockstar to Naughty Dog. Bethesda and Rockstar make huuuuge and expansive games, while, at least in this generation, Naughty Dog have only made linear as hell games. And even with it being really linear, there are still way more glitches than there should be. In Uncharted 3 anyway, I died several times due to glitches in that game. I would much rather forgive glitches from Bethesda or Rockstar than Naughty Dog.

That is an opinion, and a somewhat lazy one at that. Lots of words, though.

It's just my opinion that "an experience unlike anything else in the industry" is a much bigger claim than saying they will make a good game? Or was it the second part? Because that was talking about his, much lazier, opinion.

wait an experience unlike anything else? Doesnt it have zombies which has been done to death
So this makes their credibility turn to poop.....they are great developers tho and Im sure whatever they come out with is gonna be good

Extremely excited to see how Naughty Dog does a zombie game. If it has the uncharted story driven goodness this is going to be amazing.

Munkeh111 said:
Metrium said:
sweet, an other overated interactive movie where they try to hide the bad gameplay of an average game behind crazy cinematics where all you do is press X a couple of times.

Well if you don't like games like this, why do you bother to take any interest in them, especially as you decide what they are like from 1 trailer and the word cinematic? Clearly your predictive talents are wasted in video game forums

God of War III was a "cinematic masterpiece full of set pieces" and had a debut trailer that showed nothing. So it's possible to create a "cinematic" game where you aren't just pushing X a couple of times.

And I agree with Munkeh111 if you have no interest in this game already, don't waste your time keeping track of it. Which I know will be hard since everyone else, everywhere in Internet land is talking about this game.

Seems more like Naughty Dog is aiming to ride on the success of Dead Island. Just looks like their take on Dead Island IMO. Looks interesting but it`s hard to really get much out of a cinematic trailer for a game. I`ll likely stick with Dead Island.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad