By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD! - Now with DLC Trailer on newest Post!

Wagram said:
I spent like 4 hours yesterday building a super silver chocobo for racing.

how come I can't post on your wall whenever I click on your name. It takes me somewhere else.

I have a question on monster building!

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Wagram said:

how come I can't post on your wall whenever I click on your name. It takes me somewhere else.

I had it on friends only from awhile back, but I can take it off.

Wagram said:
ishiki said:
Wagram said:

I had it on friends only from awhile back, but I can take it off.

I just added you as a friend. I didn't know vgchartz was like facebook. heh

Just found the first boss (if you want to call it that) that I can't kill. S.O.B. is hard and i'm near max crystarium. I need to go get better monsters.

Wagram said:
Just found the first boss (if you want to call it that) that I can't kill. S.O.B. is hard and i'm near max crystarium. I need to go get better monsters.

Are you talking about Atlas?  I would recommend you get a Chichu. It's the best commando in the game with the right monster infusion.

Around the Network
Marteds said:
Wagram said:

Are you talking about ----?  I would recommend you get a Chichu. It's the best commando in the game with the right monster infusion.

Nah it's in one of the late game optional areas. Also you may want to edit your post to a spoiler tag. It's not a big one, but some people may not know about that.

Runa216 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

"but I cannot ignore how boring the second half was for me.  Half of the game was a mindless, time consuming chore that required little to no interaction from me.  That's not fun, and the score reflected that. If you guys find it fun, then awesome, I'm happy for ya, but me...I didn't find it fun at all." > You're perfectly free to feel that way but there's a huge problem : a review shouldn't be a simple personal opinion. What diffenrentiates your review from the one I wrote on my blog? You may influence many people not to buy the game just because you didn't think it fun, while those people might love it. I don't say that against you (sorry if I there's any offense), I just reckon that reviews in general are a really flawed system unfit to today's market. Back in 2009 there was a little JRPG called Trinity Universe, but I didn't buy it because the reviews on French sites were quite negative. I picked it up in 2010 because I was still curious about it, and now it's one of my favorite games of this generation. 

a 5.4 is still positive.  

Come on now. I'm not to going to get into the validity of game journalism and how you should review, that's an issue where everyone seems to be set in their place. But a 5.4 isn't positive at all. The 4-6 area is generally bad-mediorce. I believe VGCs assigns an 'average' which by definition isn't positive.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I finally collected all of the fragments to watch the secret ending of Final Fantasy XIII-2. To be honest it wasn't better than the paradox endings. On the plus side the skill fragment you get makes the game play quite differently.

outlawauron said:
Runa216 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

"but I cannot ignore how boring the second half was for me.  Half of the game was a mindless, time consuming chore that required little to no interaction from me.  That's not fun, and the score reflected that. If you guys find it fun, then awesome, I'm happy for ya, but me...I didn't find it fun at all." > You're perfectly free to feel that way but there's a huge problem : a review shouldn't be a simple personal opinion. What diffenrentiates your review from the one I wrote on my blog? You may influence many people not to buy the game just because you didn't think it fun, while those people might love it. I don't say that against you (sorry if I there's any offense), I just reckon that reviews in general are a really flawed system unfit to today's market. Back in 2009 there was a little JRPG called Trinity Universe, but I didn't buy it because the reviews on French sites were quite negative. I picked it up in 2010 because I was still curious about it, and now it's one of my favorite games of this generation. 

a 5.4 is still positive.  

Come on now. I'm not to going to get into the validity of game journalism and how you should review, that's an issue where everyone seems to be set in their place. But a 5.4 isn't positive at all. The 4-6 area is generally bad-mediorce. I believe VGCs assigns an 'average' which by definition isn't positive.

Well then Mediocre, as the review label says. I would not call it decent or good or anything, Mediocre is a fine descriptor.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Awwww
I want the rest of the story, now :(

I wasn't that "involved" in a video game story for a long time now, it's an excellent story, and was told very well, the mix between cutscenes / gameplay was perfect to keep you hooked and enjoy the gameplay, the dialogs improved a lot.
I LOVE the characters , Noel is officially my favorite FF character , I like the way how his past was told , It wasn't just told through dialog, we witnessed /experienced it while his theme song was playing in the background .... just wonderful :') .
I also gotta say that I'm impressed with FNC mythology.

It's strange really , it feels like I'm the only one in the world who liked the story by that much.
Never expected to say this but .... looking forward to XIII-3 ( or whatever is coming ).