By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD! - Now with DLC Trailer on newest Post!

Long Guis are just not the same without Fang. Dear GOD. 30 minutes to take one down.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Long Guis are just not the same without Fang. Dear GOD. 30 minutes to take one down.

oh gosh i learned to hate em in XIII... the grind was insane, lol.

@if i didnt say it til now, i dont own the game yet, and i dont plan to buy it in the next few weeks. Not because my hype for it went missing, but becuase its hard to find a couple of hours at once, where i dont have to concentrate on other things. there would be enough time overall, but when things demand my attention, the games i play really suffer becuase of it, and i'd rather wait a month or two, when i dont have to study a ton of things. (and stay at school from 7am til' 5pm).. so yeah, when things get managable again, the first thing i'll do is playing FF!

Again, i didnt read every post (yet!), i primarily come in here to see if someone is unhappy with the thread as a whole, and certain posts seem to contain spoilers, (from what i read in some posts above) which is a huge problem.

Its fine with me if you go into deep detail with everything square showed in their trailers, and really, do discuss strategy's for later enemies, but DO NOT SPOIL the story, or use Spoilertrags, showing that your post will contain 'em.

(So if you are one of the guys getting to excited about the game, leading to you posting spoilers, use a pic that clearly says that you may ruin newbie's experience, or just throw some WARNING:SPOILER wave's at the top of your respective post. thank you for your cooperation. -Shinra )

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I am sorry guys, real sorry. I assure you that my score is not without reason.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Alright guys, I know people are going to kill me but please do us all a favor and read the whole review...becuase it mimics my time with the game. starts off fantastic (was gonna give it a high 7, low 8), but...well, you'll see why I gave it such a low score.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/49773/final-fantasy-xiii-2/

Again, please READ the review instead of just jumping to the end. you'll see a lot of praise.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

@Runa:

i jumped straight down, but the number will lead to me reading the review. i'll come back after reading and kill your for it - if you didnt bring up valid points, that is. ;)

edit:

done with reading, your points sound reasonable for the most part, but its really shocking to see how much you liked certain aspects, but outright hated others. cant wait to play the game myself, but with those things that already existed in XIII (like the Datalogsyou mentioned), i'd blindly believe your words.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:

@Runa:

i jumped straight down, but the number will lead to me reading the review. i'll come back after reading and kill your for it - if you didnt bring up valid points, that is. ;)

edit:

done with reading, your points sound reasonable for the most part, but its really shocking to see how much you liked certain aspects, but outright hated others. cant wait to play the game myself, but with those things that already existed in XIII (like the Datalogsyou mentioned), i'd blindly believe your words.

I always start my review process with every category at a 5, and I give it bonuses for doing things well and deduct points for doing things poorly.  a 5 is 'average' I guess, or precisely midrange.  a 5 indicates that I neither liked it or hated it, a 5.4 indicates that while I didn't enjoy it or think it was good, it still had enough redeeming factors to make it a positive review.  Sadly, the entire second half of the game was a monumental disappointment capped off by a horrible end boss and unbalanced difficulty.  I loved the first 5 hours and didn't mind the next 5 or so, the second half of the game literally put me to sleep, and as I was playing everything just seemed like a waste of time.  The animations were pointless patience excercises, the battles took too long and yeilded unsatisfactory rewards relative to the amount of time taken to get them, and the great plot setup was really disappointing. 

They had a lot of good ideas and I think my review reflected that, they made a lot of changes for the better and some thigns I actually hope are incorporated into future FF games (I actually liked the Cinematic Action events, and the Mog Clock mechanic was a perfect blend of random and scripted battles).  Thing is, I can't give a good review score to a game that put me to sleep and reminded me at every turn that it was chock full of bad design choices.  

Though there's a lot less hatred for it than FFXIII, that game was shit, at least this game had many redeeming factors to keep it worth playing if you're patient enough to tolerate the sensation of having your time wasted.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

About what I expect from your review.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

:3

I'm happy with it. I personally think it's a little too high though.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:

:3

I'm happy with it. I personally think it's a little too high though.

So you have played the game , right ?

Runa216 said:
Crystalchild said:

@Runa:

edit:

I always start my review process with every category at a 5, and I give it bonuses for doing things well and deduct points for doing things poorly.  a 5 is 'average' I guess, or precisely midrange.  a 5 indicates that I neither liked it or hated it, a 5.4 indicates that while I didn't enjoy it or think it was good, it still had enough redeeming factors to make it a positive review.  Sadly, the entire second half of the game was a monumental disappointment capped off by a horrible end boss and unbalanced difficulty.  I loved the first 5 hours and didn't mind the next 5 or so, the second half of the game literally put me to sleep, and as I was playing everything just seemed like a waste of time.  The animations were pointless patience excercises, the battles took too long and yeilded unsatisfactory rewards relative to the amount of time taken to get them, and the great plot setup was really disappointing. 

Even though I personally thought the game was much better than you did I'm very happy to see a reviewer who uses 5/10 as mediocre rather than 7/10 (which most reviewers use nowadays) as mediocre. Never change this honesty you have like other reviewers have.