By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Skyward Sword doing poorly in the U.K?

Tagged games:

Yes UK taste are rubbish...

Switch!!!

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
@Zlejedi: No, you know what? Your ignorance is too much, If only you'd have said 2011 or Zelda was third you'd have a point.
Anyway, because Nintendo spit on Wii owners this year and M+ didn't get adoption by the "core".

My ignorance unfortunatly for you is supported by numbers which suggests I'm actually right and you refuse to accept reality ;)

Why would the crowds of Wii Fit and Zumba Fitness that topped Wii charts for months even care about Zelda ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

spurgeonryan said:

...Just Dance 3, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Michael Jackson: The Experience, Mario Kart Wii, and Zumba Fitness have all sold more than Zelda this past week. ...

way to answer your own question.

Skyward Sword=majoras mask the second

Roma said:
this would have done so much better on PS360!

Nintendi why U no get game out on them?

or just add blood and sex!

this!

Around the Network
OneTwoThree said:
Seece said:
OneTwoThree said:
Seece said:

I'm not surprised, I think gamers have long since moved on from the Wii, and the main reason it's still selling is dance/fitness games

But why would that be a British phenomenon? In other countries Zelda is doing much better. 

It's underperforming everywhere, bar the US, and even then it's not spectacular numbers.

It's performing better than Twilight Princess, which is (by now) the best selling Zelda game ever. 

But Twilight Princess was stuck on one system that was at the time a rotting corpse (if we can call the Wii dead at this point, what do we call 2006 GameCube?) and another that was severely supply-constricted

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Has Zelda ever been a big franchise in the UK really? TP might have sold well but it was a launch title. I've never met a single person who even knows what Zelda is. Plus I havent seen a single advert for Skyward Sword, yet I've seen an uncountable numer for Just Dance and Zumba or whatever it is.

Because:

a) The adverts suck.

b) The Brits suck too.

Tuesday I was on the treadmill at the gym and an ad was on TV for Skywayd Sword. Can't remember which channel it was, but it was around 18pm so the UK is getting some promotion for it.

Zlejedi said:
morenoingrato said:
@Zlejedi: No, you know what? Your ignorance is too much, If only you'd have said 2011 or Zelda was third you'd have a point.
Anyway, because Nintendo spit on Wii owners this year and M+ didn't get adoption by the "core".

My ignorance unfortunatly for you is supported by numbers which suggests I'm actually right and you refuse to accept reality ;)

Why would the crowds of Wii Fit and Zumba Fitness that topped Wii charts for months even care about Zelda ?

Okay, first, you were comparing Zelda to other "core" games.

Unlike what most ignorant people (actually, like always, you are just trolling) like you think, those games didn't fail becuase of the Wii userbase, those games failed because they were terrible, mediocre games, and the sequels (NMH, RS, Counduit) suffered because of the originals.

Lack of ADs, the Wii userbase abandoning Nintendo this year, M+ adoption, is far more rational than your laughable comparisson.