By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is it too late to get current Gen consoles

Currently the only form of gaming is my Gaming PC, but iam considering to get this Gen consoles.

any advice is helpful

Around the Network

If you do get either of the HD consoles, getting two at this stage is not worth it, if you really want to play exclusives on both do so much later, multiplatforms are the best variety offered by the HD consoles. Wii also if you really like the Nintendo IP's as the 3rd party support isn't that great, besides maybe Just Dance series.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

majority of multiplatforms are also on PC so i got no worries there. but iam weighting in terms of maybe exclusive games. which of the three have good exclusives.

Just get yourself a cheap nice Wii1
lots of fun and games...

Switch!!!

In terms of exclusive I would go with either the Wii or PS3 personally. Both have excellent line of exclusive titles.

Around the Network
fedfed said:
Just get yourself a cheap nice Wii1
lots of fun and games...

i was looking at the games of Wii only that interest me is zelda, not too fond of the others. But comparing PS3 n 360 exclusives PS3 has a nice line up but 360 has Good line up but limited.

Its not to late but next gen will be here in late 2012 so i would hold off especially if you plan on getting a 360 or PS3. Due to the fact that the next generation will start out probably around the 400-500 mark. Don't want to blow 300 right now on a 360 or 250 on a PS3 and then just to see the next gen start a year later.

NobleTeam360 said:
Its not to late but next gen will be here in late 2012 so i would hold off especially if you plan on getting a 360 or PS3. Due to the fact that the next generation will start out probably around the 400-500 mark. Don't want to blow 300 right now on a 360 or 250 on a PS3 and then just to see the next gen start a year later.

assuming i hold it off, and the next gen comes in 2012 or 2013. iam just afraid that it may not be backward compatible for this gens games.

It doesn't hurt to get a current gen console at this time, because there's so many choices in games right now for any of them, that you won't be in a drought with games to play. All three consoles have their own great games to play, so it doesn't matter which one you pick. In terms of exclusives and the number of them, I think the PS3 has the other two beat. If you play online a lot, then the 360 definitely has the advantage there. The Wii has some fantastic exclusives, too, that you know you will probably love if you've played any of their previous iterations.

The three consoles have good exclusives:

- PS3: God Of War Collection 1 & 2, God of War 3, Uncharted 1,2,3, Gran Turismo, Infamous 1 & 2, Demon Souls, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance, Killzone, Little Big Planet and others that I don't remenber.

- Xbox 360: Gears of War 1,2,3, Forza, Halo, Fable, the Kinect games and others that I don't remenber.

- Wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sin & Punishment, Super Paper Mario, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last History, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Punch Out, Madworld and Others.