By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k

firelink said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ok so since we are trying to get some perspective here of the UC3 situation...we should also remember the competition UC3 had to go against compared to UC2. UC3 had to compete with the likes of Battlefield, MW3 and SKyrim all games which sold amazingly well and few actually broke records. and these numbers afaik do not include the bundles as well.

it's up to the individual to judge if these numbers are impressive or not but looks very impressive to me, considering 'all' factors not just some

UC3 came out well before all of these. By a few weeks even

umm yeah but we aren't comparing just those few weeks now are we? the point is the moment such huge names in gaming start dropping weekly, it will affect the weekly sales a lot, especially over the BF (which gives the biggest boost for sw) people will be devided with the options available to them. skyrim is said to be almost close to oblivion totals already, MW3 is..well MW3, the biggest launch for a game ever iirc. so the competition has been much tougher when it comes to sales for UC3. and again I do not believe these include the bundle sales which should have sold rather well as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
pezus said:

Is it possible that the PS3 is above the Wii? I think we'll have to wait for MS numbers 

guess very close

let's wait MS numbers if it over 40% of all conosles again

Major Nelson... you're such a tease :p

^Wii has beat PS3, id imagine the 3DS beat PS3 too, or become extremely close.

Id like to see DS alone from previous years VS 3DS/DS combined for this NPD (1.145m)?

Oh and this whole NPD doesn't includes bundles, but includes free consoles given away in competitions, thing is ridiculous. Damn them for not revealing something like this publicly WHEN it actually matters during the month. (inb4 irrelivant)

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

M.U.G.E.N said:
firelink said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ok so since we are trying to get some perspective here of the UC3 situation...we should also remember the competition UC3 had to go against compared to UC2. UC3 had to compete with the likes of Battlefield, MW3 and SKyrim all games which sold amazingly well and few actually broke records. and these numbers afaik do not include the bundles as well.

it's up to the individual to judge if these numbers are impressive or not but looks very impressive to me, considering 'all' factors not just some

umm yeah but we aren't comparing just those few weeks now are we? the point is the moment such huge names in gaming start dropping weekly, it will affect the weekly sales a lot, especially over the BF (which gives the biggest boost for sw) people will be devided with the options available to them. skyrim is said to be almost close to oblivion totals already, MW3 is..well MW3, the biggest launch for a game ever iirc. so the competition has been much tougher when it comes to sales for UC3. and again I do not believe these include the bundle sales which should have sold rather well as well

All of those big games did not stop each other from selling. Skyrim broke records. Arkham City broke records. CoD broke records. Even Zelda broke records, and Mario, and Just Dance.

UC3? Nothing. The series is fatigued. This is what happens when you release 3 similar games in the span of 5 years without some kind of mass appeal. Honestly, if the MP in UC3 was there from day one, I have no doubt it would be selling more and more.

Around the Network

"#NPD Data show Xbox 360 has biggest November ever selling 1.7 Million units in the US alone" -Major Nelson

1.7m for 360

So, is 360 overtracked, undertracked or spot on?

firelink said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
firelink said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

All of those big games did not stop each other from selling. Skyrim broke records. Arkham City broke records. CoD broke records. Even Zelda broke records, and Mario, and Just Dance.

UC3? Nothing. The series is fatigued. This is what happens when you release 3 similar games in the span of 5 years without some kind of mass appeal. Honestly, if the MP in UC3 was there from day one, I have no doubt it would be selling more and more.

>_> i honestly don't think you understand the simple idea I'm trying to convey here. with stiff competition, it's obvious it affected sales for the game. Let's look at it this way, both Skyrim and MW3 are much bigger popular franchises. both have been around for sometime as well. UC is a new IP. it sold 700k in the US where it's not as strong as EMEAA or JP. this is without bundled numbers so the number will be much higher too. the game easily outsold the previous one

and zelda? the game is not selling that well outside of US now is it and wii is the market leader (at least overall) in the US and is a very holiday centric console with sales which included a $99 deal at walmart. mario is mario....and just dance will not affect UC sales at all, very very different demograph there.

Well it's opinion if it has mass appeal or if it's fatigued etc. that's perfectly fine. I however wouldn't call a game like UC2 which sold around 5mil and still selling a game without 'mass appeal'. sounds like it has plenty of mass appeal to me. UC3 will easily match or even pass that number too :)

eitherway let's not get into a debate about the quality and other factors about the UC series here. it's just gonna drag on. My point still stands, if you and others are gonna compare UC2 sales to UC3 sales, do it properly without ommitting other important factors.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

1.7m for 360

Is that a record?