By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The current Xbox 360 sales are unjustifiable!

Maybe the X360's are being bundled with light touch anal probing devices? SON¥'s already doing it (and it glows when you move it). It beats the hell out of having to look for a proctologist during Black Friday.

Around the Network
ljigga said:
Is this supposed to be funny?

I assure you, this is not representative of the "Humour" on this site. There are better canididates out there who do funny better.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Long time no see squilliam

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I blame Wii Fit

like someone else asked was this supposed to be funny?

Around the Network

The answer is rather simple.  What most people do not realize is that like Sony, Microsoft actually pushed the technical boundaries with the Xenon processor in the Xbox 360.  The Xenon processor is actually a tri-core Quantum processor.  Unfortunately, the engineering of the Xbox 360 was rushed, as many people have read, the RRoD wasn't the only problem to occur from the initial poor engineering on the console.  There is, in fact, a much worse problem.

What scientists and Xbox Quality Control didn't know and are just beginning to understand is that in Quantum computing, odd numbers of things are dangerously unstable.  What is happening is that in some circumstances the Xenon CPU of Xbox 360's implode into themselves, creating a micro-singularity that quickly destroys the console before running out of energy and disappearing leaving nothing but a tiny BB-like sphere.

Gamers have contact Microsoft about it, but you can understand trying to explain to support that your console just disappeared would be difficult.  They're certainly going to question if it's their problem.  However, with the increase in Xbox 360 console purchases this year, the problem has become considerably magnified. 

In short.  The reason you are seeing such huge sales of Xbox 360 consoles lately is because of the Quantum Singularity of Death (QSoD). 

Unfortunately, Microsoft has no solution to this problem.  Fixing it would requiring adding another core to the Xenon processor and subsequently replacing all consoles.  However, since no customer had a console to turn into repair, Microsoft can't repair any of the broken consoles, and Microsoft support won't pre-emptively repair consoles.  Customers can only wait until they break before Microsoft will repair them. 

You can see the problem.  The only solution for customers is purchase a new console when the QSoD happens.

Hope this explains it all.

Yeah... I missed drunk threads... those where the main factor when the forums were awesome.. nowadays we all have these goody good kids on this site who are thinking drinking is bad...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
ljigga said:
Is this supposed to be funny?

are you knew? you have to be new.  you better watchout cause he's not the only user that will throw you for a loop. good one Squilliam. heres your first victom since coming back lol.

Im not knew (think you meant new, but ill play along). Clearly my point was over your head, it will be a cold day in hell before im victim to a troll

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

trasharmdsister12 said:
ljigga said:

Im not knew (think you meant new, but ill play along). Clearly my point was over your head, it will be a cold day in hell before im victim to a troll

The fact that you'd suggest Squilliam is a troll suggests otherwise.

Make love to me Squilly, please!

Completely unrelated to squilliams awesome thread,

do you still have the thread were they named you trasharmdsister12? I never got to the point were the community actually choose your name to be that what it is now ;P

voty2000 said:
Our alien overlords are using 360's as a giant supercomputer so they can calculate and predict our finger nail growth rate and at what time we clip them. That explains RROD. The initial batch of 360's couldn't handle the extra processing power.

They make us want to by 360's by putting stuff in Colgate toothpaste. They use Colgate instead of water because if they used water then every human would by a 360 and we would become suspicious.

Side Note: The aliens hate Sony because they bought a but load of Betamax players and got hosed.

Genius. I must put on my tin foil finger/nail protection. LOL, had me rolling.