Conegamer said:
Looks like:

360- 1.2mil
Wii-1mil
PS3-700k

(3DS-1.1mil
Skyward Sword- 1mil FW)

Lots of millions all around!

so we have 40K from UK, 17K from Germany, 20K from Japan, 700K from america's  which leaves 223K needed from other regions, it may just miss the 1M mark.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

You have to enter the page to a given region and where you choose to see other regions you can select, below Europe, Germany and UK and also choose the week.

Those Just Dance 3 numbers are amazing. I suppose the majority of it will go to Wii.

DélioPT said:
You have to enter the page to a given region and where you choose to see other regions you can select, below Europe, Germany and UK and also choose the week.

Those Just Dance 3 numbers are amazing. I suppose the majority of it will go to Wii.

And the numbers for this past week are up?

The Wii version of Just Dance 3 was up 48% during BF week - pretty damned impressive since the game sold 664k in the US during November 2011. I'd reckon the rate of increase is pretty similar for the whole month - easily could have done 1m - 1.5m between the Wii & X360 versions in Nov 2011 just in the US. Might be able to do 2-4m in Dec just in the US if that's the case.

Just Dance 3 is actually very important for next year, as I imagine Just Dance 4, Dragon Quest X, Mario Party 9 and Wii at $100 will be the main driving forces for the Wii push in late 2012.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

The Wii version of Just Dance 3 was up 48% during BF week - pretty damned impressive since the game sold 664k in the US during November 2011. I'd reckon the rate of increase is pretty similar for the whole month - easily could have done 1m - 1.5m between the Wii & X360 versions in Nov 2011 just in the US. Might be able to do 2-4m in Dec just in the US if that's the case.

Just Dance 3 is actually very important for next year, as I imagine Just Dance 4, Dragon Quest X, Mario Party 9 and Wii at $100 will be the main driving forces for the Wii push in late 2012.

Isn't mario party dead?

It's called like wii funtime now isn't it?

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
mysteroo19 said:
@ Dianko

xbox360 got already a big boost from kinect/mw3 bundles that why it complains a small boost.

What Kinect Bundle?  Certainly an old bundle wouldnt be the explanation.  PS3 jumped 103% in Germany with no new releases and no software above 36K compared to the previous week with Assasins Creed at over 72K and MW3 over 58K.. Wii jumped the week after new Zelda release, not the week of new Zelda release.  I assume they must still be getting the data in order. Otherwise doesnt seem right.

EDIT: Looks like they are basing PS3 sales on last year PS3 sales results.  Problem is last year GT5 released this same week (relative).  Last year PS3 went from just over 22K to just under 46K. This year the increase is nearly the same, problem is no GT5 this year. No big release at all this year.

GT5 doesn't explain why Wii is up 85% . I think the reason could be advertisement. Media Markt,  one of Germany's largest retailer for consumer electronics has a big advertisement campaign. Not sure when it started, but I saw lots of their spots last week.

There is one spot where the gift is a Wii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEh67_M5ec and one where the gift is a PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0F7j9eRkI

I've never seen one with Xbox360. Maybe that pushed both Wii and Ps3 last week in Germany.

Mario Party 9 should be coming - although Fortune Street (Itadaki Street) releases in Dec and is a bit like Mario Party. If you go on Walmart.com or Gamestop.com, Mario Party 9 shows up.

Wii in 2012 is still going to be a fairly big market for software. Wouldn't be surprised to see all this stuff in the West at all.

Dancing: Just Dance 4, Zumba 3, Just Dance Kids next and whatever spin offs Ubisoft, Majesco, Konami can come up with for the system.

Niche Core Games: No reason not to bring over Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, Last Story to the US / Europe - games are done its almost free money for the couple 100,000 people who will buy each.

Japanese Content: Rhythm Heaven, Pokepark 2, Inazuma Eleven, Dragon Quest X .

Other Content: Mario Party 9, Madden, Call of Duty, etc

All that stuff plus a price cut to $100 is probably enough to keep Wii selling 100,000 per week for most of 2012 especially with various games from 2006-2011 still selling well (Just Dance 2-3, Zumba 1-2, Zelda, player's choice games, Wii Sports Resort, DKC, Mario Kart, Mario & Sonic, Kirby, etc)

Just Dance 3 though will largely indicate what kind of numbers Just Dance 4 will do next year when it can really stand out as the major Wii game late in the year.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Mario Party 9 should be coming - although Fortune Street (Itadaki Street) releases in Dec and is a bit like Mario Party. If you go on Walmart.com or Gamestop.com, Mario Party 9 shows up.

Wii in 2012 is still going to be a fairly big market for software. Wouldn't be surprised to see all this stuff in the West at all.

Dancing: Just Dance 4, Zumba 3, Just Dance Kids next and whatever spin offs Ubisoft, Majesco, Konami can come up with for the system.

Niche Core Games: No reason not to bring over Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, Last Story to the US / Europe - games are done its almost free money for the couple 100,000 people who will buy each.

Japanese Content: Rhythm Heaven, Pokepark 2, Inazuma Eleven, Dragon Quest X .

Other Content: Mario Party 9, Madden, Call of Duty, etc

All that stuff plus a price cut to $100 is probably enough to keep Wii selling 100,000 per week for most of 2012 especially with various games from 2006-2011 still selling well (Just Dance 2-3, Zumba 1-2, Zelda, player's choice games, Wii Sports Resort, DKC, Mario Kart, Mario & Sonic, Kirby, etc)

Just Dance 3 though will largely indicate what kind of numbers Just Dance 4 will do next year when it can really stand out as the major Wii game late in the year.

I'll be happy enough if it does abut 50K on average per week during the first 6 months then a price cut to $90 - $100 will keep it afloat and when wii u launches it will drop of course but should do ok in the holidays, I can see it selling about 6-7M in 2012 or maybe 8M.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Pavolink said:

Just Dance 3 sold 700k units during black friday WEEK Nov 20-26, in US (Wii/X360/PS3)

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/02/just-dance-3-moves-700000-units-in-the-us-during-black-friday-week/

Deserved! JD is like the magic game which defies all old sales trends..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Some of these black friday numbers look way low. Gears and Uncharted stand out in particular.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype