By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Herman Cain: does anyone still support him?

What is Herman Cain to you?

A punchline 19 31.67%

A menace 11 18.33%

A candidate 6 10.00%

THE NEXT POTUS 14 23.33%

(Results plz) 10 16.67%

Total:60

The mayor of Crazytown might be going home soon.  Aside from the ever-growing list of alleged infidelities (though the latest one is at least consensual), Herman Cain has finally boiled down his anti-intellectualism into a viral-friendly sound bite.  What's more, he's turned himself into a punchline that The Simpsons already delivered

What I'm talking about, of course, is his recent statement,

"We need a leader, not a reader." 

So I'm just wondering if there was anyone on VGChartz still actually willing to vote for this guy, much less actively defend him.  Please do so here

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Sugar (Daddy) Cain.

Not really sure what to think. If this guy really did sexually harrass some women and have a 13 year marital affair he must have the most incredible lack of awareness of how damaging those things are to put his name forward for the Republican nomination.

Character assassination is de rigeur for US presidential elections. If you have one skeleton in your closet someone's going to turn it into a whole undead army. Whether its an opponent from your own party or someone from the other party, it's gonna come out.

So it seems really unbelievable that Cain can be so politically unsavvy if indeed he did commit all those political sins. But the only alternative conclusion is that it's a vast multi-headed conspiracy. Then again, black man as front runner to be the Republican nominee for POTUS will have red-necks Republicans and Democrats running scared and possibly throwing out desperate falsehoods.

At this point I think either option is equally plausible, this is US politics and politicians after all.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

To me, he is what he always was. A funny guy who had a lot of ideas that would never make it through.

Would I vote for him?

I wasn't planning to vote for anyone honestly. I plan to go in, vote and leave the ballot blank.

Before everything about him was found out, I was kinda hoping he'd win because if anything it would put a final nail into the coffin of the "Black man can't be president" argument.

Some of it still sticking around because Obama is half white, and because Obama was a democrat running essentially running against 8 years of bush.

Had the Republicans nominated and elected a black president? Race pretty much would of been ruled out as a barrier for president for good.  Which sadly might be the most positive outcome of any of the candidates in the running.  (Plus he probably wouldn't sexually harass anyone as president with all the media focus right?  That's another plus!)

Outside that, I don't think it matters who is president. I think at best we're headed into 10 years of "Eurostasis" and at worst an outright depression thanks to the collapse of Europe.

We've had too many attempts at short term "election" stimulus focusing on throwing an economic "Sale" rather then attempts to create actual demand and value.

Kasz216 said:

To me, he is what he always was. A funny guy who had a lot of ideas that would never make it through.

Would I vote for him?

I wasn't planning to vote for anyone honestly. I plan to go in, vote and leave the ballot blank.

Before everything about him was found out, I was kinda hoping he'd win because if anything it would put a final nail into the coffin of the "Black man can't be president" argument.

Some of it still sticking around because Obama is half white, and because Obama was a democrat running essentially running against 8 years of bush.

Had the Republicans nominated and elected a black president? Race pretty much would of been ruled out as a barrier for president for good.  Which sadly might be the most positive outcome of any of the candidates in the running.  (Plus he probably wouldn't sexually harass anyone as president with all the media focus right?  That's another plus!)

Outside that, I don't think it matters who is president. I think at best we're headed into 10 years of "Eurostasis" and at worst an outright depression thanks to the collapse of Europe.

We've had too many attempts at short term "election" stimulus focusing on throwing an economic "Sale" rather then attempts to create actual demand and value.

What is your opinion on the payroll tax holiday? I suppose its futile by its own nature, because you're not going to hire people if you know they're going to immediately become more expensive to pay for.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

it's truly amazing that Obama has a real shot at reelection not because he's doing stuff right or wrong... but because there are complete idiots at the other side..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:

Would I vote for him?

What is your opinion on the payroll tax holiday? I suppose its futile by its own nature, because you're not going to hire people if you know they're going to immediately become more expensive to pay for.

Exactly.  I'm sure some hiring might happen, but mostly only for short term projects with the intention of letting people go when the deal expires.

What's the point of hiring someone because they are cheaper now, only if they are going to become more expensive in like... a year... and you probably don't have excess demand anyway.

Now maybe something like a bigger 4-5 year payroll tax cut ONLY for buisnesses establishsed within the last 2 years or just being created could be good.  If you found a way to stop loopholes.  If I remember right you could actually just abolish them for the first 4-5 years and it'd cost less then this cut.

That way it'd mostly be jobs that had a good chance of sticking around, should they find new value in the market. (which is something that does actually grow the economy.)  It'd basically create a HUGE incentive for the creation of jobs, rather then a weak incentive that goes to everyone working.

It would even give new companies added advantages over older companies since equal pay will pay them more, and a lot more at that... and i'd imagine after 4 years of being somehwere, the idea of your pay being cut quite a bit wouldn't feel great, so a lot of people who prove themselves valuable can get themselves a bump in their salaries to offset it.

This is essentially our jobs issue.  Blame regulations, or coproations, tax hungy politicians or the dot com bubble, but the last 10 year or so it's been WAY harder to start your own buisness, and espiecally become an IPO....

and I've found out that's where all the job creation comes from.  (Which is why my opionion on the matter has changed in the last few months.)

Well Obama will win due to weak opponetns.

Obama is vulnerable imo...

For example the Ghost of Ronald Reagan would likely win in a landslide, but Herman Cain or Newt? lol

I have no idea what a POTUS is, so I picked candidate.

My choices are Ron Paul and Gary Johnson though. Rest of them are dime a dozen republicans that won't change a thing.

lordmandeep said:
Well Obama will win due to weak opponetns.

Obama is vulnerable imo...

For example the Ghost of Ronald Reagan would likely win in a landslide, but Herman Cain or Newt? lol

It would pose an interesting constitutional question were the Ghost of Reagan to run. Is a ghost technically the same being as a living person? Otherwise we'd be in violation of amendment 23...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

It would pose an interesting constitutional question were the Ghost of Reagan to run. Is a ghost technically the same being as a living person? Otherwise we'd be in violation of amendment 23...

Well, to cite Futurama. No body can be president twice. Since it's not Reagan's actual body it shouldn't be any problem!