Naruto Shippuden/Original 11 14.10%

Bleach 5 6.41%

Inuyasha 2 2.56%

FullMetal Alchemist/Brotherhood 4 5.13%

Trinity Blood 0 0%

Death Note 5 6.41%

A anime i didn't list 51 65.38%

Total:78

How could there be a favorite anime poll without DBZ? C'mon, it was every 7 year old boys' dream...

Around the Network

Why would anyone fathom putting Bleach or Inuyasha in their top 5...

Monster
Slam Dunk
Yu Yu Hakusho
One piece

Manga:
Sun-Ken Rock
Berserk
Gantz
Dragon Quest Daibouken
Veritas

Watching Nodame Cantabile, Toaru Majutsu No Index, as you get older you'll probably want to diversify your tastes aswell.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

One Piece and the other titans of the Shonen genre (of which i just got into Fairy Tail this year).

But this year saw me diversify a good deal: i watched Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex on my own, and with my college's anime club i chewed through Angel Beats (which, given how it got cut short, was never able to examine some of its more interesting characters. They needed an individualized story for TK, damnit! Shiina could have used some exposition as well...),
and am getting into the currently running Bento, which almost resembles social commentary disguised in gratuitous violence and borderline ecchi character design for some of the girls (though ecchi does not disgust me. Queen's Blade Rebellion is coming! Yay!)

Honestly i need more hours in the day. There are so many series i wish to see, but i lack the time.

Also: anyone who has played and enjoyed either F-Zero or Wipeout and is also into Anime should watch Redline. Fucking amazing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Torillian said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Its cool, i have tried watching other anime's but they are usually only 20-30 episodes long. Although i have gotten into Fairy tail but i think thats the same type of show as Bleach and Naruto

That's my favorite type of anime personally.  Shows that go on for much longer than that usually end up with filler, episodes that have nothing to do with the main story arc and are just there to take space (like the last couple months of Naruto).  I think that a 26 episode story is almost perfect, like I recently just got around to finally checking out Gurren Lagann and it was perfectly paced.  Went from humble beginnings to crazy galaxy demolishing fights all in 26 episodes and I never got bored, it's like what DBZ should be if it weren't so disgustingly drawn out. 

I think the issue with having a crazy action anime that goes on forever like DBZ is every new fight has to try and won up the last, but you already have someone that can destroy the planet with a thought so there isn't much further to go, after you don't have a sense of scale to base their power off of it just turns into a series of villain introductions, heros get the crap kicked out of them, heroes go train, most of the heroes still fail but one manages to stand out and get things done.  Fun for a while but it really starts to grate.  

Exactly. Most long running shows tend to run long solely because it makes too much money to stop, regardless of how horrible a product they throw out there. It's a shame really.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Torillian said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Its cool, i have tried watching other anime's but they are usually only 20-30 episodes long. Although i have gotten into Fairy tail but i think thats the same type of show as Bleach and Naruto

That's my favorite type of anime personally.  Shows that go on for much longer than that usually end up with filler, episodes that have nothing to do with the main story arc and are just there to take space (like the last couple months of Naruto).  I think that a 26 episode story is almost perfect, like I recently just got around to finally checking out Gurren Lagann and it was perfectly paced.  Went from humble beginnings to crazy galaxy demolishing fights all in 26 episodes and I never got bored, it's like what DBZ should be if it weren't so disgustingly drawn out. 

I think the issue with having a crazy action anime that goes on forever like DBZ is every new fight has to try and won up the last, but you already have someone that can destroy the planet with a thought so there isn't much further to go, after you don't have a sense of scale to base their power off of it just turns into a series of villain introductions, heros get the crap kicked out of them, heroes go train, most of the heroes still fail but one manages to stand out and get things done.  Fun for a while but it really starts to grate.  

Exactly. Most long running shows tend to run long solely because it makes too much money to stop, regardless of how horrible a product they throw out there. It's a shame really.

Indeed I can barely think of a hand full of shows that after 100 episodes didn't start to disintegrate from a well made show into filler land just to keep the show going...

Former something....

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
outlawauron said:
Torillian said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Indeed I can barely think of a hand full of shows that after 100 episodes didn't start to disintegrate from a well made show into filler land just to keep the show going...

One Piece and Fairy Tail seem to be doing well enough on that front (granted i haven't seen past Fairy Tail's 100th, so i cannot say, but i have seen past OP's 500th and the ideas just keep on coming)

Everytime one of these threads comes up my answer is probably different so this time i'll go with Drrr!

Also, I tend to avoid ones with a bazillion eps as the story gets forgotten all too often.

Cunning_Linguist said:
Everytime one of these threads comes up my answer is probably different so this time i'll go with Drrr!

Also, I tend to avoid ones with a bazillion eps as the story gets forgotten all too often.

Drrr i've found surprisingly good on Adult Swim, which is odd because i found Baccano! to be rather off-putting. Can't wait for the last episode of Durarara this Saturday...

tolu619 said:
Mohasus said:
It is hard to choose between Code Geass and Steins;Gate. :(

Stein's Gate is as good as Code Gaess?!?! Someone suggested it to me. This poll is unfair!!! Only one?!?! OK, I haven't seen Full Metal Alchemist yet and I have seen Death Note but its not in my top 5. I selected the "Not listed" option but here's my top 5:

1. DragonballZ

2. Code Geass

3. Digimon

4. Naruto & Naruto Shippudden

5. Bleach

This is in order of how much I am entertained by these animes and how much they succeed in doing what they set out to do. DBZ never set out to have a deep story or strategic, technical fights like Naruto. What it set out to do, it did it almost perfectly. Same can be said about all the others on my list. Bleach has more potential than what it has done imo. It tries to do somethings and doesn't nail them many times, but the things it does nail still make it my 5th fav anime. Kenichi and The Law Of Ueki share my 6th fav spot.

finally, someone with my tastes exactly!

haven't watched Bleach yet, but top 4 are exactly the same....cool!!   :  )

don't know why but most people underestimate Digimon, I say it's one of the best anime ever and if you've seen the Japanese version, definitely the best soundtrack ever!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Mr Khan said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

Drrr i've found surprisingly good on Adult Swim, which is odd because i found Baccano! to be rather off-putting. Can't wait for the last episode of Durarara this Saturday...

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."