By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Tropics on VC in NA

I can't recommend this game enough.  I missed it the first time around, but my roommate in college (who also showed me the mana, evermore, gaia) told me it was a must play.  How right he was.

We've got a bit of a game drought right now anyway, so do yourself a favor and drop the 500 points on this one.  

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/07/star-tropics-king-of-fighters-94-arrive-on-virtual-console/ 

Around the Network

Yes!! I loved this game as a kid. For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a Zelda-like action-RPG, except without the annoyingly obtuse exploration elements (having to bomb random walls to find the next dungeon) of the first LoZ.

Also, your main character can jump, and his main weapon is a yo-yo. A magical yo-yo. Gifted to him by a tribal chief. Yeah, things just get weirder after that.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I love this game too. I bought it used for the NES, but I could never get passed the second level because my battery was dead and it would save my game.

I played StarTropics and it's sequel for the first time last year. I'd suggest it for any classic gamers out there also. I had expected something more Zelda-like, what with all of the Zelda comparisons, but even though I see the similarities, it's a very original experience that didn't give me too many Zelda moments. A very unique game and here's to hoping it gets a sequel. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I always wanted this game...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

*has never heard of the game and is not interested*

:-p

*runs* 

I could never beat this game. I got stuck at what I think was the last level, which I won't identify for fear of spoiling it for newcomers. Did anybody here manage to conquer it?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo, I did.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Star Tropics was a really great game !
i had this game and it was really worth playing.

but damn - it was very difficult in the end

famousringo said:
I could never beat this game. I got stuck at what I think was the last level, which I won't identify for fear of spoiling it for newcomers. Did anybody here manage to conquer it?
 Yes I did, I was like 16 years Old, I Still have the cardtridge. 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989