By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady on tram gives her views on modern day Britain

highwaystar101 said:

1) We can, because we do. Go out during a sporting event and the St George's cross is everywhere. In every bar and in every home. It's sad, because the government even had to make an offical statement saying that it isn't banned a few years ago due to this misconception.

Used to be the Union Flag. Such a shame.

@Alby_da_Wolf

Thank you for explain that, I think I understand your meaning.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
highwaystar101 said:

2) You can still call Christmas Christmas, nobody is stopping you. This is just something that seems to have stemmed out from local governments giving the period a banner term to cover a range of religious holidays around that period. Of course, the tabloids pick that up twist it, tell people the half truth and assert that it is banned. Stewrat Lee explains this one well. 

I watched the video, and whether or not anyone has actually banned Christmas, the question remains: what the fuck that guy wearing around his neck?

...a scarf.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
badgenome said:
highwaystar101 said:

2) You can still call Christmas Christmas, nobody is stopping you. This is just something that seems to have stemmed out from local governments giving the period a banner term to cover a range of religious holidays around that period. Of course, the tabloids pick that up twist it, tell people the half truth and assert that it is banned. Stewrat Lee explains this one well. 

I watched the video, and whether or not anyone has actually banned Christmas, the question remains: what the fuck that guy wearing around his neck?

...a scarf.

It's an awfully stupid looking scarf. Just what kind of a man wears a scarf for fashion purposes, anyway?

The Fury said:
highwaystar101 said:

1) We can, because we do. Go out during a sporting event and the St George's cross is everywhere. In every bar and in every home. It's sad, because the government even had to make an offical statement saying that it isn't banned a few years ago due to this misconception.

@Alby_da_Wolf

Not sure I follow you sorry. The union flag is representative of Great Britain. But he referred to the "English flag", by which I assume he means St George's cross. I was assuming he was referring to England only. Is that what you were referring to?

highwaystar101 said:
The Fury said:

@Alby_da_Wolf

Not sure I follow you sorry. The union flag is representative of Great Britain. But he referred to the "English flag", by which I assume he means St George's cross. I was assuming he was referring to England only. Is that what you were referring to?

St Georges Flag wasn't used at sporting events to represent England until the mid 90s, before then it was the Union Flag. Sorry, confusing things for no reason. :|

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
The Fury said:

...a scarf.

It's an awfully stupid looking scarf. Just what kind of a man wears a scarf for fashion purposes, anyway?

Manly men, like Richard Bacon.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
badgenome said:
The Fury said:

...a scarf.

Manly men, like Richard Bacon.

I would strongly dispute that characterization of him.

highwaystar101 said:
The_Joker_Product said:
highwaystar101 said:
The_Joker_Product said:
See even the thing about her getting arrested, if a black did the exact same thing, he would never get arrested for that. All those muslims burned poppys when white people were showing respect for those who died in WW2 and they werent arrested.

But a white woman tells the truth and shes arrested, of course she would be though, if she wasnt blacks may start riots because she wasnt punished.

I'm sorry, but, what?

Since when has the poppy been a symbol of being white? I hate that the poppy is being hijacked as a symbol of the "native residents" of Britain. It's not. Flat out not! 

The poppy is a symbol of the freedoms we have that were fought for by our forefathers. Many non-white Britons as well as first/second generation immigrants respect what the poppy represents. They enjoy the freedoms our forefathers fought for too, and you'll find most of them have a direct respect for them because of that. It's not a "white" symbol, it's a national symbol.

No you misunderstand, there was that incident, im sure you've heard of it you can watch it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetGUdada8g

It was remembrance day there was a bunch of people in London paying their respects they all appeared to be white. Then all these muslims starting burning poppies and chanting british soldiers burn in hell.

Now from what i heard one of the muslims was fined £50 for doing that but this woman on the tram has to go to prison or something, thats not fair, thats not equal, its this kind of thing why most people these other races.

I know of the incident and I was as shocked as anyone else. But what I mean is why even specify white people? I would be amazed if that entire crowd was white. Why not just say "people" and not make it sound like you're trying to racially polarise the issue?

Because in the VIDEO, you can see that they are infact pretty much all white, i didnt see no blacks in the crowd.

Its a shame that there are English people that will defend these muslims and at the same time, just a couple days ago there was this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067613/Iranian-students-storm-British-Embassy-Tehran-staff-taken-hostage.html

Where hundreds of Iranians stormed a British embassy, burning flags, ripping up pictures of the Queen, chanting "Death to England!".

You defend these people, and will probably defend them even now and make me out to be the bad guy, when most of these muslims would love nothing more than for all us British and Americans to be wiped out tommorow.

The_Joker_Product said:
Its a shame that there are English people that will defend these muslims and at the same time, just a couple days ago there was this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067613/Iranian-students-storm-British-Embassy-Tehran-staff-taken-hostage.html

Where hundreds of Iranians stormed a British embassy, burning flags, ripping up pictures of the Queen, chanting "Death to England!".

You defend these people, and will probably defend them even now and make me out to be the bad guy, when most of these muslims would love nothing more than for all us British and Americans to be wiped out tommorow.

Because all Muslims are Iranian and Iranians are all Muslims, right?