By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Viggo Mortensen does not expect to be back for Hobbit. Update "Film being shot at 48 frames per second!"

Tagged games:

Korppi said:

The White Council's attack on Dol Guldur will be included in the movie, which explains Galadriel and the decision to make two films.

The whole thing was always left vague in the books, so I'm actually psyched as hell to see that.

Legolas, however, is just gratuitous fan service.

Oh, if that's what that's for, then that should kick all the ass on the planet. I've always wanted to know how that worked (or just more about "The Necromancer" in general)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

While I don't think it is appropriate to add these characters, addin Aragorn would be particularly bad ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the one ring make Bilbo have a remarkably long life?

While you can have elves and wizards that were alive and (roughly) the same age in the Hobbit as they were in Lord of the Rings, how can you justify having Aragorn in the Hobbit?

HappySqurriel said:
While I don't think it is appropriate to add these characters, adding Aragorn would be particularly bad ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the one ring make Bilbo have a remarkably long life?

While you can have elves and wizards that were alive and (roughly) the same age in the Hobbit as they were in Lord of the Rings, how can you justify having Aragorn in the Hobbit?

Exactly. And even if Aragorn was squeezed into the film somehow, I doubt he would be portrayed by Mortensen.

I just don't think he would be able to pull off a very convincing ten year old.

Korppi said:

The White Council's attack on Dol Guldur will be included in the movie, which explains Galadriel and the decision to make two films.

The whole thing was always left vague in the books, so I'm actually psyched as hell to see that.

Legolas, however, is just gratuitous fan service.

Well Legolas' father is in it, so there's some sense in having his son beside him. There's more than just one elf Tolkien hadn't thought up yet when he wrote the Hobbit.

Having Frodo in only makes sense if an old Bilbo is telling him the story.

Rumour has that having failed to realise that the most fitting role for Elijah Wood in LoTR would have been Sauron's eye, Peter Jackson will remedy forging a new character for him in The Hobbit, called Bulbous Baggins.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
While I don't think it is appropriate to add these characters, addin Aragorn would be particularly bad ...

In lord of the rings aragorn is 87 or something. Lord of the rings takes place 60 years after the hobbit. However gandalf travels for 17 years before he returns after telling frodo to keep the ring safe. This means aragorn would be 10 years or less during the hobbit timespan:p.

non-gravity said:

Well Legolas' father is in it, so there's some sense in having his son beside him. There's more than just one elf Tolkien hadn't thought up yet when he wrote the Hobbit.

Having Frodo in only makes sense if an old Bilbo is telling him the story.

If it were just going to be a cameo appearance in Thranduil's court, it would actually be kind of neat, but this is Orlando Bloom we're talking about here. I doubt they're paying him the assload of money his agent demands just to stand in the background. And I doubt they're not going to make some tongue-in-cheek scene with Gandalf saying something along the lines of "I think we'll see each other again someday" and winking knowingly at the camera.

The Dol Guldur scene isn't exactly necessary either, but it gives a better explanation as to why Gandalf went lolbye on Thorin's group than "important wizard stuff". The addition of Legolas will do nothing to further the plot.

I had no idea they were throwing in freaking Frodo, too. Sheesh. Why not Gimli as well? He doesn't have anything to do with The Hobbit other than being related to one of the characters either, but at least John-Rhys Davies can act for shit.

Korppi said:

Why not Gimli as well? He's got nothing to do with The Hobbit other than being related to one of the characters, but at least John-Rhys Davies can act for shit.

Elves are known to be immortal , but the movie would probably have to explain that Dwarves live to an age of 250.

I don't know how old Gloin is, but it may as well be possible his son Gimli is among the Dwarven armies. I'd be really awkward though if Gimli and Legolas met each other :)

The news that really excited me was that it's going to be a 2 part movie.

spurgeonryan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Rumour has that having failed to realise that the most fitting role for Elijah Wood in LoTR would have been Sauron's eye, Peter Jackson will remedy forging a new character for him in The Hobbit, called Bulbous Baggins.

I wanna know the source of that rumor! :P

Does anyone actually know how tall Elijah woods is? I mean I am not that tall at all, but he really does look small. I think the best example of this is when he played the crazy person or crazier person in Sin City.

In Italy and France we receive privileged first hand infos: Berlusconi and Sarkozy are hobbits. BTW I can give you another fresh news: Peter Jackson is a troll. Not big news, I know, it was already evident!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!