By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Viggo Mortensen does not expect to be back for Hobbit. Update "Film being shot at 48 frames per second!"

Tagged games:

Mr Khan said:
amp316 said:
Why the heck would he be in it?

Aragorn wasn't in the Hobbit.

In addition to what Korppi said, i think they're wedging Galadriel in as well...

<_>

Unbelievable.  Why can't they just let a faithful adaptation of this marvelous book be brought to the screen and not try to play it up for fans of only the movies?  Lame.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
What I don't get is how Peter Jackson is making two movies out of one very short book.

He'll do what he did in the first three movies.  Film actors walking and talking.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Mr Khan said:
amp316 said:

In addition to what Korppi said, i think they're wedging Galadriel in as well...

<_>

!?!?!

If he puts Arwen in there I'm gonna scream in the theater!

Signature goes here!

spurgeonryan said:
Carl2291 said:
Trailer releasing around Christmas?

My everything is ready.

This was all I was able to find so far.

It's not a trailer, it's one of the 4 productionvideo's of The Hobbit

Around the Network
amp316 said:

If they wait some more years, Viggo will be old enough to play a younger Gandalf!   

Edit: since they're at it, couldn't they ditch Elijah Wood? His eyes are just uncanny and disturbing!  :-S   

...the eeeeyes...

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=80

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The White Council's attack on Dol Guldur will be included in the movie, which explains Galadriel and the decision to make two films.

The whole thing was always left vague in the books, so I'm actually psyched as hell to see that.

Legolas, however, is just gratuitous fan service.

@ Pezus: They're not creating a new plot for the second movie, they are sticking to the book as much the same way as they did with The Lord Of The Rings.
Dividing it into 2 movies has one reason and one reason alone:
2 big piles of money > 1 big pile of money.
Just like they did with Harry Potter's last book.
I only hope that they don't make the first movie as sh!tty as the first episode of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
But at least there's a big fight in the second movie.

spurgeonryan said:
dr3b said:
Haze said:
The Hobbit and The Dark Knights Rises trailers are going to be shown with Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=23425

This has to be the best news I have seen in a long time. I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, and have been looking forward to the Hobbit since it was announced.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

I am looking forward to The Hobbit, and TDKR, but Sherlock I am on the fence still. I loved the first one with Downey Jr., but this one just seems to not be made as well. It does not seem to have the it that the first one had. Does anyone else think this?

Not really, it looks about like what I would expect a sequel to the first to look like. Gimme another good performance by Downey Jr., an interesting plot, and another great Hans Zimmer soundtrack, and I'll forgive the "like that would ever happen in a Sherlock Holmes story" moments from the first one that I expect will be in this one too.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I have only seen a couple of trailers for the new Sherlock movie, but as the first was well done and the Downey has consistently given good performances in the movies I have seen him in I have faith he won't let me down.

If you like Sherlock Holmes though, I would recommend finding a copy of the BBC series Sherlock, it is a surprisingly good modern day adaption.