By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: The PS Vita can remote play any PS3 game

Staude said:
I approve :P ... Sounds really good. I'm still waiting till they put out a model that has video out though. I want to be able to plug my vita into the tv and play on a bigscreen if i'm home. That gives a lot more value to the game for me personally.. And helps justifying the purchase :P

i would expect that functionality to be available through ps3 - vita communication, and because of that they may not feel the need to add video out

Around the Network

If I can sit and play Skyrim on a PSV whilst the lady watches TV then I'll be over the moon.

This is a killer app for me.

Cool but I probably won't get one. Therefore I hope the firmware update for the PS3 is not mandatory. Less time wasted on updating the system = more time to play. And trust me, I have limited time to play so every minute/second counts. 1 hour to play is not enough :(

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

kowenicki said:
Whilst this can only be welcomed.... I have a couple of points.

This has to be a planned event by the user. What I mean is if I want to play LBP2 on the Vita I would had to have planned this by putting the disc in my PS3 and leaving it switched on and signed in. So an impulsive session is out of the question on full titles.

Wireless or 3G required, 3G is very hit and miss.

I see the best use of this as multiplayer control in the same room and not as a way of streaming games whilst out of the home.

Actually you could start your PS3 remotely through PSP Remote Play, so I assume the same will be true for the Vita. But yes, you have to plan ahead if you want to play some disc-based game. And WiFi will definitely be the preference. So it's not going to be super impulsive when you're away from home, but as a few users have said, it's actually good for using in the home, for the same reasons as having the WiiU.

kowenicki said:

This has to be a planned event by the user. What I mean is if I want to play LBP2 on the Vita I would had to have planned this by putting the disc in my PS3 and leaving it switched on and signed in. So an impulsive session is out of the question on full titles.

I see the best use of this as multiplayer control in the same room and not as a way of streaming games whilst out of the home.

Better than nothing though I think this would be better for PSN games saved on your system.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
NiKKoM said:
Well that's BS

We all know that d21lewis penis is triggerd by the smallest things.. Even when I blow air on it.. *fffuuu* see?!

....well I'll be damned!  You're right!

Yeah I know.. it's the original meaning of remote playing...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Rainbird said:
kowenicki said:

Actually you could start your PS3 remotely through PSP Remote Play, so I assume the same will be true for the Vita. But yes, you have to plan ahead if you want to play some disc-based game. And WiFi will definitely be the preference. So it's not going to be super impulsive when you're away from home, but as a few users have said, it's actually good for using in the home, for the same reasons as having the WiiU.

lol more like the only option theres no way 3g can handle streaming ps3 games

I do enjoy the people who would praise Sony for this but diss the Wii U :P Interesting

kopstudent89 said:
I do enjoy the people who would praise Sony for this but diss the Wii U :P Interesting

or vice versa...

o_O.Q said:
kopstudent89 said:

or vice versa...

True true :P