o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
ironmanDX said:
Jazz2K said:

And people laugh at Kinect's library?

It's motion based controls for Sony and M$, they all want to show it off and put casual games out there at the same time, games are bound to be nearly the same even though they're on competitive consoles. So us as "core" gamers are going to laugh at a lot of the games.

THIS, and holy crap I have Move and I didnt even know about half that stuff. And please with the Kinect, has anyone actually been to a store with the Kinect line up?? Its nothing to be proud of. Im sure that all the games on this list have to be better than Hulk Hogan's workout.

Yea but still... there are good Kinect games outhere... I didn't even know what were Move's games but seing this list I don't wanna know anymore.

"there are good Kinect games outhere"

which ones would you recommend?

I don't want to go into list wars just ask people who have a Kinect or go see sells/reviews and you'll see.

you're the one who made the claim i was just asking for examples... in terms of people i know who own kinect all i've heard so far is that its a massive disappointment, mind you the same is said of move

but when you post this "there are good Kinect games outhere" you're implying that the kinect lineup has been significantly better than the move lineup and i just don't see it, so i was just asking for help from you so i can see what you're apparently seeing

The fact that he cant even name one, says alot. Personally the only games I played that were worth a damn was Dance Central and Kinect Sports. IMHO, this whole thing is silly. None of these motion heavy games are going to be all that anyway. THe motion tech is not that advanced yet, Kinect is a souped up eyetoy, nothing wrong with that, but common sense will tell you that a camera based controller is going to be very limited in what it can do. THe best we can hope for right now, is better dance and exercise games.  Move has a couple of interesting games for it, but they are few and seemed relegated to PSN, Tumble, echochrome2. THe best games are the ones that could be played with a regular controller. RE5, Infamous2, KZ3, HR and thats ok I love using Move for KZ3, makes it much easier. ANd WII, well just look at the library.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
o_O.Q said:

I don't want to go into list wars just ask people who have a Kinect or go see sells/reviews and you'll see.

you're the one who made the claim i was just asking for examples... in terms of people i know who own kinect all i've heard so far is that its a massive disappointment, mind you the same is said of move

but when you post this "there are good Kinect games outhere" you're implying that the kinect lineup has been significantly better than the move lineup and i just don't see it, so i was just asking for help from you so i can see what you're apparently seeing

Ok I realise my error... it's all a matter of taste. Of course to me Kinect's lineup is better (specific games I mean) but just because I like some games doesn't mean they're better than the competition. I still believe Dance Central and Kinect Sports (1 and 2) move more hardware than anything Move has.

oniyide said:
o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
ironmanDX said:
Jazz2K said:

It's motion based controls for Sony and M$, they all want to show it off and put casual games out there at the same time, games are bound to be nearly the same even though they're on competitive consoles. So us as "core" gamers are going to laugh at a lot of the games.

THIS, and holy crap I have Move and I didnt even know about half that stuff. And please with the Kinect, has anyone actually been to a store with the Kinect line up?? Its nothing to be proud of. Im sure that all the games on this list have to be better than Hulk Hogan's workout.

Yea but still... there are good Kinect games outhere... I didn't even know what were Move's games but seing this list I don't wanna know anymore.

The fact that he cant even name one, says alot. Personally the only games I played that were worth a damn was Dance Central and Kinect Sports. IMHO, this whole thing is silly. None of these motion heavy games are going to be all that anyway. THe motion tech is not that advanced yet, Kinect is a souped up eyetoy, nothing wrong with that, but common sense will tell you that a camera based controller is going to be very limited in what it can do. THe best we can hope for right now, is better dance and exercise games.  Move has a couple of interesting games for it, but they are few and seemed relegated to PSN, Tumble, echochrome2. THe best games are the ones that could be played with a regular controller. RE5, Infamous2, KZ3, HR and thats ok I love using Move for KZ3, makes it much easier. ANd WII, well just look at the library.

Like I said in the post below this one, list wars are useless and most of the time all a matter of taste. You can tell me Move specific games are as good as Kinect's specific games but numbers says otherwise. Don't talk about Kinect's hardware and software since you clearly have no idea how this is working.

Bolded: This is why Move hasn't set fire to Playstation yet. Next gen may be different though.

Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
o_O.Q said:
Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
ironmanDX said:
Jazz2K said:

Like I said in the post below this one, list wars are useless and most of the time all a matter of taste. You can tell me Move specific games are as good as Kinect's specific games but numbers says otherwise. Don't talk about Kinect's hardware and software since you clearly have no idea how this is working.

Bolded: This is why Move hasn't set fire to Playstation yet. Next gen may be different though.

LOL i didnt say anything about a list wars, I just called you out on the BS of not answering the guy's question.  So its all a matter of taste but numbers say otherwise?? Which one is it?? So becasue a million people bought something it has to be good?? Ok man, FYI I actually like those two games you mentioned, cause i actually played them

Unfortunately Move is NOT closing the gap - not in the way the Original Poster implies... . The 9 million move devices includes all devices.. If u have 3 or four move devices at home then you are one of the many who do.. A kinect owner has 1 kinect... This means if there are 9.5 million kinects out there that it's a true number for the installed userbase... With Move that's not true.. Some people have 3 or 4 move devices, since you need one wand for each friend.. While on kinect you don't need anything else.. If everyone had 2 move devices and 9 million move devices are out there that would mean only 4.5 million users have move on their PS3 versus 9.5 million users on Kinect - thats Half of kinect.. Since some ppl have more then 2 move devices the userbase would be even lower.. With kinect we know a kinect user only needs one device no matter how many ppl use it on one console.. On move if I  play with 2 friends we each need a device to play at the same time.. That's why move looks 'close'..  So yeah it's close on devices sold.. But far off in actual userbase.  With the designed 'need' of additional wands to play with Sony designed a system that didn't benefit developers , but benefit their wallets.  I don't think this design is working out well as Move was out 1st and yet kinects userbase continues to grow.. This sorta proves that even if your product is out first it doesn't mean you'll be in first place.  Xbox was out first, but it's outselling itself every year so far.. So that's a good record

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
o_O.Q said:

LOL i didnt say anything about a list wars, I just called you out on the BS of not answering the guy's question.  So its all a matter of taste but numbers say otherwise?? Which one is it?? So becasue a million people bought something it has to be good?? Ok man, FYI I actually like those two games you mentioned, cause i actually played them

LOL... ok let's say I was wrong to imply Kinect's lineup is better.

Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
Jazz2K said:
oniyide said:
o_O.Q said:

If you think its better, then you think its better. Thats up to the person, but if you never touched anything having to do with Move, its kind of a biased opinion and you're kinda just blowing hot air.

rf40928 said:

Unfortunately Move is NOT closing the gap - not in the way the Original Poster implies... . The 9 million move devices includes all devices.. If u have 3 or four move devices at home then you are one of the many who do.. A kinect owner has 1 kinect... This means if there are 9.5 million kinects out there that it's a true number for the installed userbase... With Move that's not true.. Some people have 3 or 4 move devices, since you need one wand for each friend.. While on kinect you don't need anything else.. If everyone had 2 move devices and 9 million move devices are out there that would mean only 4.5 million users have move on their PS3 versus 9.5 million users on Kinect - thats Half of kinect.. Since some ppl have more then 2 move devices the userbase would be even lower.. With kinect we know a kinect user only needs one device no matter how many ppl use it on one console.. On move if I  play with 2 friends we each need a device to play at the same time.. That's why move looks 'close'..  So yeah it's close on devices sold.. But far off in actual userbase.  With the designed 'need' of additional wands to play with Sony designed a system that didn't benefit developers , but benefit their wallets.  I don't think this design is working out well as Move was out 1st and yet kinects userbase continues to grow.. This sorta proves that even if your product is out first it doesn't mean you'll be in first place.  Xbox was out first, but it's outselling itself every year so far.. So that's a good record

from your post you seem to be confusing unique users with actual units sold and i've made this point before and i'll make it again...

even if the situation existed that a move owner had to buy 4 wands to play the fact remains that this still represents 4 sales it doesn't matter if its one user or not, why would it?

you think sony cares how many people are buying these things once they are sold?

in fact i didn't even realise that you made the point here "So yeah it's close on devices sold.. But far off in actual userbase" exactly and the article is actually about "devices sold" not "userbase"

"With kinect we know a kinect user only needs one device no matter how many ppl use it on one console"

true but regardless kinect cannot go beyond 2 active users so i don't really see this as being such an achievement

kowenicki said:
Dallinor said:
kowenicki said:

The $500m thing is bogus... its in line with the spend of all the big three on any normal holiday push and is no big deal.  I have looked into this and provided the information here several times before.  It really needs to stop being repeated ad nauseum as some golden nugget of information and in some way unsual.

Hell we even saw recently that Uncharted had a marketing spend of £5m in the UK alone. thats £5m ($7.5m) on one game in one country.

Nintedno also spent $500m in advertising in the final quarter of both 2009 and 2010.  God knows how much sony would have spent... a lot more probably.

Its nothing special or unsual.  

It's nothing special or unusual?

It's the biggest spend on a gaming periperhal ever for starters.

Do Sony spend anywhere near that amount for Playstation advertisement? I seriously doubt it.

Sony's biggest marketing campaign across Europe since launch, in 2009, during the launch of the Slim, was shy of $100 million. One fifth of what was reportedly spent on Kinect. That was Sony's push during a remodel and after price cut, in their biggest market.

Could you provide a link to Nintendo spending $500m in those quarters? It wouldn't surprise me, I'd have thought Nintendo would have spent the most given their massive profits and market position earlier in the gen. I'd also imagine that's an advertising spend spread over both the DS and the Wii.

That Uncharted figure could actually be small scale in comparison to the budget for other games (Halo 3-$40 million, Wii Fit- $40 million) for example.

Really nothing I've seen or read implies that $500m for Kinect is anything short of gigantic in scale.

ffs.  do you think i make things up?  its public domain.

clue: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/earnings/index.html

bigger clue: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110127e.pdf  go to page 5 and look at advertising expenses, then look at the previous quarter and extract the advertising spend for the year to date there.  hey presto you get 73bn yen - 38bn yen which is 35bn yen, which is $454m... happy now?

and what has the global advertising budget of a game that sells 10 million have to do with the UK-only advertising budget that wont sell half of that? 

No need to get emotional.

Thanks for the clues and the high level of disdain.

So $454 million, less than the kinect advertising push, for the market leader spread over two platforms. Yeah, the kinect spend still looks gigantic.

I assumed you were trying to show how the marketing costs of a single game could be very high, and as such a huge figure like $500 million needs to be taken into perspective as such. Or am I wrong?

Therefore, the Uncharted 3 example was a poor one. We don't know if £5 million is a high advertising spend for the UK or not. We do know some global figures though, such as Halo 3's $40 million advertising costs, and conveniently it's the in the same currency and involves no speculation.

oniyide said:
Jazz2K said:

If you think its better, then you think its better. Thats up to the person, but if you never touched anything having to do with Move, its kind of a biased opinion and you're kinda just blowing hot air.

Chill man I said this because people kept saying Kinect's games were all bad. I have a Kinect and so does almost every member of my family and the fun we have with the better games is saying much. If I compare to my friends that have Move all we could play was Sports Champion but beyond that I didn't know what Move games were. Now that someone showed Sony published games for Move, I can only wonder why people keep saying MS published games for Kinect were shovleware when they publish KS and DC...