By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Best movie of the year!

Gobias said:
It makes me sad that people enjoyed the Simpsons movie, they clearly tossed wit and satire out the window in favor of bland slapstick and recycled stereotypical jokes to appeal to a wider audience. The only joke I actually laughed at in that entire movie was the bible has no answers joke, and that's only because I'm an explicit atheist.

The only way that Bible joke is funny is how wrong it is. And thats only because I'm a Christian.

Around the Network

For everyone who seems to be disappointed by movies that contain less action than desired, you should check out Shoot 'Em Up. It's probably the best pure-action film that has come out of Hollywood in recent memory, though I don't get around to seeing all that many movies these days...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

coolestguyever said:
Gobias said:
It makes me sad that people enjoyed the Simpsons movie, they clearly tossed wit and satire out the window in favor of bland slapstick and recycled stereotypical jokes to appeal to a wider audience. The only joke I actually laughed at in that entire movie was the bible has no answers joke, and that's only because I'm an explicit atheist.

The only way that Bible joke is funny is how wrong it is. And thats only because I'm a Christian.

So either way, it's funny.  The mark of good humour.

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
For everyone who seems to be disappointed by movies that contain less action than desired, you should probably check out Shoot 'Em Up. It's probably the best pure-action film that has come out of Hollywood in recent memory, though I don't get around to seeing all that many movies these days...

Shoot 'Em Up was an amazing movie. It definitely filled my action needs.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Also, though it may be the strangest film ever to see theatrical release, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters deserves an honorable mention for this awesome introduction (you can stop watching after the band leaves):

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network

^ I completely forgot about that movie, it was pretty good and Mastodons performance there in the beginning was awesome.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
ssj12 said:
did anyone here but me see The Golden Compass? its a really good movie and has tons of adult undertones that make the movie suitable for adults.
Did anyone hear READ The Golden Compass? The movie is overprocessed, mass marketed garbage compared to the books. From a stand-alone movie perspective it isn't bad though; it just really can't hold a candle to the book. And best movie of the year? From a comedic/cartoonish standpoint...did anybody see Bender's Big Score? If you're a fan of Futurama, its just as good as the best episodes, definitely worth watching. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

ssj12 said:
did anyone here but me see The Golden Compass? its a really good movie and has tons of adult undertones that make the movie suitable for adults.

Amen! Another guy who liked the Golden Compass!!

Best Movie of 2007 was 300!

I loved that movie. I like more action and gore in movies, but then again I liked Ratatoulie...lol

-Golden Compass
-The Myst
-Transformers

These three...

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428