By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Best movie of the year!

@naz

There was some old lady in line for it when I went to see Sweeney Todd....

Seriously though, it's on my list of things to see. I don't think I'd see it in theaters though. Maybe if I found a good torrent. Not that I do that sort of thing....

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Did anyone else even watch Charlie Wilson's War? X_X

my gf saw it and said it was really good, I've been meaning to check it out since.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Gobias said:
naznatips said:

I did, they may as well have just based the movie around Hoffman.

Er... he barely had a part in that movie.  I'm assuming your trying to criticize it for giving him too much screentime, but they hardly overused his character. Not that his character wasn't great, but so were all the characters...

naznatips said:
Gobias said:
naznatips said:

I did, they may as well have just based the movie around Hoffman.

Er... he barely had a part in that movie. I'm assuming your trying to criticize it for giving him too much screentime, but they hardly overused his character. Not that his character wasn't great, but so were all the characters...

That's not what I'm saying, Hoffman stole every scene he was in, and Hanks' perfomance wasn't anything to write home about. It certainly wasn't a bad movie, but not one of my best of 2007, but then again I don't generally like movies about American politics.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

From what I saw this year in theaters/on dvd that I can remember

1. Super Bad
--Hilarious movie.. Likely the most i've laughed in a movie.
2. The Mist
--Movie was arlight but omg the ending blows the movie to second place
3. Knocked Up
--Another great movie. Funny and a great story.

Tied:
American Pie: Beta House
Simpsons Movie
Transformers
Ghost Rider
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
I Am Legend
--Honestly don't see why people say this is a great movie, 4 stars my ass. Over half the movie he is spent with his dog driving around New York, gets trapped, dog dies, tries to kill himself.. ohhhh soo exciting.
-----------------
-----------------
Epic Movie
--Worst movie I have ever seen too date. Not funny.. like at all, almost fell asleep, tempted to walk out of the theater, and I want my God damn 10$ back.

Around the Network

did anyone here but me see The Golden Compass? its a really good movie and has tons of adult undertones that make the movie suitable for adults.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It makes me sad that people enjoyed the Simpsons movie, they clearly tossed wit and satire out the window in favor of bland slapstick and recycled stereotypical jokes to appeal to a wider audience. The only joke I actually laughed at in that entire movie was the bible has no answers joke, and that's only because I'm an explicit atheist.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

The golden compass is a movie i will never forget. thats because it made me cry. it promised me that it will be the next lord of the rings but theres no way in hell you can compare it to lotr. in fact those two titles shoyuldn't be spoken in a sentence. it pales in comparison. my most anticipated movie of the year was compass because ever since lotr ive been looking for the next big trilogy. i was so excited and then the day came, i saw it, and it blew. the movie does have a lot of interesting cool ideas but they are shown very briefly. the thing that i hate about it is that it felt so rushed, it jumped from one scene to another you never could take anything from it cauase it felt ereally rushed. the only good thing was the deliciously evil nicole kidman other than that it sucked. a 2/10 for me. biggest dissapointment of the year and worst movie of the year. in other notes i can't wait to see SWEENY TODD i driove 45 minutes to see the best movie of the year last weekend, ATONEMENT, and since sweeny is nowhere near me im gonna have to drive at lest 30 minutes to find a movie theater with sweeny this upcoming weekend. ps if u dont know what atonement is i dare you to look at the trailer and not be mesmerized by its beauty. a masterpiece.

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Ugh, I hated the Golden Compass. One of the worst movies I watched this year.

My Picks (not in order):

1) Transformers
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
3) I am Legend
4) National Treasure 2
5) Live Free or Die Hard
6) Ocean's 13

These all seem so long ago, but they're all 2007 movies. You can check on IMDB.

Biggest Disappointment in my opinion:

The Bourne Ultimatum - Had less action than the other 2 movies, I was expecting a sweet car chase scene but it failed to deliver, I found it more about talking than fighting. Seems to have lost the flare it had in the first 2.

I assume nobody agrees with me about Bourne Ultimatum! but thats my opinion.