By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Adam Sandler scammed Sony Pictures?

below is a lenghty review of the Adam Sandler Movie Jack and Jill.

it can be a bit confusing if you do not know the "half in the bag" reviews by these guys, but i find them hugely entertaining. and they raise some very interesting points about the movies budget. Their laywer even made them read a statement that these points are only their opinion and they do not accuse Adam Sandler of and wrongdoing...which they do.

should the embed not work, here is a link: http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/jack-and-jill/

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

ok, can't get them to embed

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/AYLfmEkC.html" width="480" height="300" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#AYLfmEkC" style="display:none"></embed>

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/AYLfnHEC.html" width="480" height="300" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#AYLfnHEC" style="display:none"></embed>

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

care to summarize? those videos are long.

trunkswd said:
Surprised to see someone else watches Half in the Bag. Wasn't the first review to call the movie terrible, but the first I've seen to go that in-depth about it.

yeah, it took me some time before giving it a chance, but now i love them as much as the Plinkett reviews

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

trunkswd said:
Porcupine_I said:
trunkswd said:
Surprised to see someone else watches Half in the Bag. Wasn't the first review to call the movie terrible, but the first I've seen to go that in-depth about it.

yeah, it took me some time before giving it a chance, but now i love them as much as the Plinkett reviews

I enjoyed it from the beginning. The best part is the guy who plays Plinkett, isn't the same guy who voices Plinkett in the reviews. I really hope they review the 3D Star Wars movies.

i think Plinkett is working on a Indiana Jones 4 review 

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I might give these a watch later, but I'm in dislike of this idea that reviews are almost as long as the film, themselves. Reviews are about saving time!

spurgeonryan said:
I think that most of his movies cost around 80 million to develop, so this is really nothing too far out of the way. If it fails to make money then there will be a problem. I think This one is going to have a hard time to make its money over here, but overseas Sandler movies usually do well.

Now Universal is the one who over pays for almost all of their movies.

Sandler movies don't do especially well overseas, most Sandler movies make a lot less money overseas. A lot of movies does 2-3 times more money overseas than domestically, Sandler movies does LESS money overseas than domestically. Actually, pretty much every hit movie does most of their money overseas, Sandler movies don't. Even Brad Pitt is much more popular actor overseas than Adam Sandler.

hahaha I've watched 7 minutes of the review so far (gonna finish it in a second) but right now these 2 guys are idiots, especially the fat one on the left.

I'm not defending Jack and Jill at all (haven't and won't watch it)...But damn these guys say Sander isn't funny at all when they have like the lamest friggin skit at the beginning which isn't even slightly humorous. And the guy on the left says he hates Sandler then he admits he hasn't seen any of his movies?? What a joke, he's basing his hate off of Sandler not being as funny as a legend like Chris Farley on SNL. That's like saying Steve Yzerman sucks dick because he's not as good as Mario Lemieux.

I admit Sander movies suck recently but Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, The Longest Yard and Eight Crazy Nights were all great. And I'd even say Grown Ups and Click weren't too bad.

Marks said:
hahaha I've watched 7 minutes of the review so far (gonna finish it in a second) but right now these 2 guys are idiots, especially the fat one on the left.

I'm not defending Jack and Jill at all (haven't and won't watch it)...But damn these guys say Sander isn't funny at all when they have like the lamest friggin skit at the beginning which isn't even slightly humorous. And the guy on the left says he hates Sandler then he admits he hasn't seen any of his movies?? What a joke, he's basing his hate off of Sandler not being as funny as a legend like Chris Farley on SNL. That's like saying Steve Yzerman sucks dick because he's not as good as Mario Lemieux.

I admit Sander movies suck recently but Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, The Longest Yard and Eight Crazy Nights were all great. And I'd even say Grown Ups and Click weren't too bad.

Thats why you should see the review first and then write something because they did talk about Sandler's first three movies which were ok, If you like Sandler movies is alright nothing wrong with that but their review was more about how lazy Sandler has become and now is just about money for him, Grown Ups for me is one of the worst movies ever actually its not even a movie is just Sandler and his friends ripping each other for an hour and then ends. I laugh more in that review that in any of Sandler movies.

I was gonna post a thread for this last night after I watched the "review" for Jack and Jill. I've really enjoyed the last few Half in the Bag episodes because I like when Mike and Jay go in depth and get creative when talking about the movies they saw, instead of just saying they sucked or were meh for 10-15 minutes.

Can't wait for Plinkett's Indy 4 review which will hopefully be done before the end of the year. They haven't done a major review since Episode III at the beginning of this year. Yeah they did Cop Dog but it was like their Avatar and Baby's Day Out reviews... funny but short and more of an appetizer for bigger and better things to come.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.