By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Adam Sandler scammed Sony Pictures?

Marks said:
hahaha I've watched 7 minutes of the review so far (gonna finish it in a second) but right now these 2 guys are idiots, especially the fat one on the left.

I'm not defending Jack and Jill at all (haven't and won't watch it)...But damn these guys say Sander isn't funny at all when they have like the lamest friggin skit at the beginning which isn't even slightly humorous. And the guy on the left says he hates Sandler then he admits he hasn't seen any of his movies?? What a joke, he's basing his hate off of Sandler not being as funny as a legend like Chris Farley on SNL. That's like saying Steve Yzerman sucks dick because he's not as good as Mario Lemieux.

I admit Sander movies suck recently but Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, The Longest Yard and Eight Crazy Nights were all great. And I'd even say Grown Ups and Click weren't too bad.

You really need to watch the whole review... Part 2 is where things really get goin, and the ending is where the "skit" really pays off.  The whole premise of these "review" episodes is that they're supposed to be VCR repairmen and they've been charging crazy old man Plinkett like $75 an hour to fix his VCR since the first episode.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Good review. They really go into details.  Some of the ideas (the guy on the left had) were very good.  Too bad Sandler got lazy.  I haven't seen any sandler movies lately, but did love his earlier ones. Started losing interest in his movies since with Mr. Deeds (last Sandler movie I saw at a theater).

I guess he makes a lot of Mexican jokes in this movie.  Is he a racist?  Probably not - who knows?  but I did enjoy his lesser known movie -- Spanglish.

Rafux said:
Marks said:
hahaha I've watched 7 minutes of the review so far (gonna finish it in a second) but right now these 2 guys are idiots, especially the fat one on the left.

I'm not defending Jack and Jill at all (haven't and won't watch it)...But damn these guys say Sander isn't funny at all when they have like the lamest friggin skit at the beginning which isn't even slightly humorous. And the guy on the left says he hates Sandler then he admits he hasn't seen any of his movies?? What a joke, he's basing his hate off of Sandler not being as funny as a legend like Chris Farley on SNL. That's like saying Steve Yzerman sucks dick because he's not as good as Mario Lemieux.

I admit Sander movies suck recently but Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, The Longest Yard and Eight Crazy Nights were all great. And I'd even say Grown Ups and Click weren't too bad.

Thats why you should see the review first and then write something because they did talk about Sandler's first three movies which were ok, If you like Sandler movies is alright nothing wrong with that but their review was more about how lazy Sandler has become and now is just about money for him, Grown Ups for me is one of the worst movies ever actually its not even a movie is just Sandler and his friends ripping each other for an hour and then ends. I laugh more in that review that in any of Sandler movies.

I did eventually finish the review (part 1, didn't watch part 2). The actual review of Jack and Jill is pretty funny and in depth, I don't have a single problem with what they said about the movie. I just still find it ridiculous that the guy on the left can say as many bad things as he says about Sandler with having only seen Jack and Jill and Punch-Drunk Love. You can't form a proper opinion about an actor when you've only seen his worst ever movie plus a movie like PDL which is outside of Sandler's usual genre. 

But I do agree Sandler sucks ass now and is super lazy. I really think he should just retire from acting, or at least try a different genre (something more serious perhaps)

NightDragon83 said:
Marks said:

You really need to watch the whole review... Part 2 is where things really get goin, and the ending is where the "skit" really pays off.  The whole premise of these "review" episodes is that they're supposed to be VCR repairmen and they've been charging crazy old man Plinkett like $75 an hour to fix his VCR since the first episode.

I did finish part 1, I guess I'll have to watch part 2 when I get a chance then.