By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Adam Sandler scammed Sony Pictures?

below is a lenghty review of the Adam Sandler Movie Jack and Jill.

it can be a bit confusing if you do not know the "half in the bag" reviews by these guys, but i find them hugely entertaining. and they raise some very interesting points about the movies budget. Their laywer even made them read a statement that these points are only their opinion and they do not accuse Adam Sandler of and wrongdoing...which they do.

should the embed not work, here is a link: http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/jack-and-jill/

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

ok, can't get them to embed

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/AYLfmEkC.html" width="480" height="300" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#AYLfmEkC" style="display:none"></embed>

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/AYLfnHEC.html" width="480" height="300" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#AYLfnHEC" style="display:none"></embed>

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

care to summarize? those videos are long.

I think that most of his movies cost around 80 million to develop, so this is really nothing too far out of the way. If it fails to make money then there will be a problem. I think This one is going to have a hard time to make its money over here, but overseas Sandler movies usually do well.

Now Universal is the one who over pays for almost all of their movies.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Surprised to see someone else watches Half in the Bag. Wasn't the first review to call the movie terrible, but the first I've seen to go that in-depth about it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Surprised to see someone else watches Half in the Bag. Wasn't the first review to call the movie terrible, but the first I've seen to go that in-depth about it.

yeah, it took me some time before giving it a chance, but now i love them as much as the Plinkett reviews

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
trunkswd said:

yeah, it took me some time before giving it a chance, but now i love them as much as the Plinkett reviews

I enjoyed it from the beginning. The best part is the guy who plays Plinkett, isn't the same guy who voices Plinkett in the reviews. I really hope they review the 3D Star Wars movies.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Porcupine_I said:
trunkswd said:

I enjoyed it from the beginning. The best part is the guy who plays Plinkett, isn't the same guy who voices Plinkett in the reviews. I really hope they review the 3D Star Wars movies.

i think Plinkett is working on a Indiana Jones 4 review 

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I might give these a watch later, but I'm in dislike of this idea that reviews are almost as long as the film, themselves. Reviews are about saving time!

spurgeonryan said:
I think that most of his movies cost around 80 million to develop, so this is really nothing too far out of the way. If it fails to make money then there will be a problem. I think This one is going to have a hard time to make its money over here, but overseas Sandler movies usually do well.

Now Universal is the one who over pays for almost all of their movies.

Sandler movies don't do especially well overseas, most Sandler movies make a lot less money overseas. A lot of movies does 2-3 times more money overseas than domestically, Sandler movies does LESS money overseas than domestically. Actually, pretty much every hit movie does most of their money overseas, Sandler movies don't. Even Brad Pitt is much more popular actor overseas than Adam Sandler.