By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Halo movie might not be coming soon, but a live action web series debuts in Jan!

Well all of us have been hoping and wishing that the Halo movie is just around the corner and that things would work out and the film would make its debut soon. Well it would appear those hopes have been dashed for at least the time being but that doesn't mean we aren't going to get a Live action Halo cinematic experiance.

As per usual fans to the rescue and in this case it would appear they have done a kick ass job other then some acting issues and such but the special effects and costumes look killer. A new web series based on the Halo franchise will see release in 2012. The pilot episode is set to air in January kicking off a new series named Halo:Hell Jumper. The series will be following the life of an ODST prior to fall of Reach.

The pilot episodes plot line will be based near the beginning of the short story "Dirt" by Tobias S. Buckell  which the series is based off of " the year is 2552, and Gage has just been saved by the Rookie on the colony of New Jerusalem. Instead of letting the Rookie take him back, he forces him to listen to his story of the war, so that the Rookie won’t make the same mistakes."

The series will follow "the life of one human ODST from his enlistment in the UNSC before the Human-Covenant War to around the Fall of Reach. Unlike a lot of soldiers, he was lucky enough to survive through 27 years of a losing battle against a hostile alien civilization, known as the Covenant. Through his experiences, we’re going to expose you to an amazing universe full of devastation, grief, affection, and most importantly, hope."

Check out the trailer for the series below.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

meh, i want a proper peter jackson directed blockbuster of epic proportions.

Well at least it's something.

Of course I don't think we will ever get a Halo movie but it would be awesome if one of the big TV companies would make a TV show following what happened to the Master Chief from the time he got kidnapped to become a Spartan to the end of the events in Halo 6. Unfortunately that's a complete pipe dream

yo_john117 said:

Of course I don't think we will ever get a Halo movie but it would be awesome if one of the big TV companies would make a TV show following what happened to the Master Chief from the time he got kidnapped to become a Spartan to the end of the events in Halo 6. Unfortunately that's a complete pipe dream

Yah that show would only have to span 9 or so seasons. Successful television shows often don't last that long there is no way a TV series would follow Master Chiefs life span! Maybe an ODST like this show , maybe the events of one of the games or books. But they couldn't possibly cover his entire story. Even if their were 7 Halo movies they still couldn't cover all of Master Chiefs story which worries me a tad because Hollywood would likely try fitting more then one game into each movie!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
yo_john117 said:

Yah that show would only have to span 9 or so seasons. Successful television shows often don't last that long there is no way a TV series would follow Master Chiefs life span! Maybe an ODST like this show , maybe the events of one of the games or books. But they couldn't possibly cover his entire story. Even if their were 7 Halo movies they still couldn't cover all of Master Chiefs story which worries me a tad because Hollywood would likely try fitting more then one game into each movie!

9 seasons of a Halo TV show following the Master Chief sounds pretty damn good to me  

Actually it's usually only good TV shows that end up lasting that many seasons.