By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP 12th of November

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
Shinobi-san said:
Now that i checked the region numbers i see 360 had a massive increase in EMEAA, while ps3 had a very minor increase...

well it dropped last week

and 40~50k gap not really close,and should be 100k+ again later

Considering it was 100k last week I think it's pretty close. As far as I know there wasn't a special edition 360 this week in EMEAA, or was there?

There was .

Around the Network
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
Shinobi-san said:
Now that i checked the region numbers i see 360 had a massive increase in EMEAA, while ps3 had a very minor increase...

Considering it was 100k last week I think it's pretty close. As far as I know there wasn't a special edition 360 this week in EMEAA, or was there?

go check xbox.com UK/France/Germany/whatever Europe

there is MW3 special bundle

pezus said:
I find it hard to believe that the PS3 and 360 version are that close in EMEAA, the 360 version outsold the PS3 version in the UK by only about 250k so VGC is saying the PS3 version outsold the 360 version in the rest of the countries by only 250k total? Considering Germany probably at least accounts for a 200k gap, it's just hard to believe.

Still - it's all just speculation from me so I won't say the magic word

This. I think the 360 version will get adjusted down at least 100k in emeaa and the PS3 version adjusted up 100k in emeaa. The difference should be at least around 300k in emeaa but I'm just speculation. I'm assuming combined WW sales are correct since activision released actual info on how much it sold first week. Also I think ps3 will get adjusted up in EMEAA or 360 will be adjusted down since MW3 didn't have a limited edition console in Europe.

Anyway incredible Skyrim numbers. Once the game releases in Japan next week, skyrim's first week sales will be 1mil+ on the PS3, 2mil+ on the 360 and again speculation but I think with Digital sales 1mil+ on the PC considering the ridiculous number of players online simontaniously during the initial launch at steam. I guess that bethesda announcement didn't include digital sales or at least vgchartz doesn't think it did.

I actually think this game will sell very well in Japan. Oblivion sold 140k on the ps3 version and this time the ps3 has a much bigger install base and isn't get a year late port. I think 350k+ lifetime is possible for skyrim(ps3). Sadly I don't think the 360 version will be able to match 360 oblivion numbers but maybe it can reach 100k.

D-Joe said:
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
Shinobi-san said:

go check xbox.com UK/France/Germany/whatever Europe

there is MW3 special bundle

Oh, then I retract my statement. Gap will be bigger next week in EMEAA

Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

X360 got a big boost in the UK, where it sells well and had MW3 bundles unlike the PS3 (MW3 bundles) again, why are people surprised? PS3 didn't have bundles!!

Going to post this in here, just in case EMEAA thread dies.

"I also have to say, not really buying the 360 Skyrim outsold the PS3 Skyrim by ~100K, either. Just look at Oblivion for my reasoning. Oblivion launched in EMEAA a little over a year late on the PS3. At that time the 360 outnumbered the PS3 by ~2.3 million in those regions. Yet, Oblivion on the 360 only outsold the PS3 version by 190K. So here we are, when the PS3 outnumbers the 360 by ~4.4 million units, and the games are launching on the exact same day, yet the 360 version somehow outsells the PS3 version. Just not seeing how that's possible."

Edit: This is just for EMEAA.

thismeintiel said:

Going to post this in here, just in case EMEAA thread dies.

"I also have to say, not really buying the 360 Skyrim outsold the PS3 Skyrim by ~100K, either. Just look at Oblivion for my reasoning. Oblivion launched in EMEAA a little over a year late on the PS3. At that time the 360 outnumbered the PS3 by ~2.3 million in those regions. Yet, Oblivion on the 360 only outsold the PS3 version by 190K. So here we are, when the PS3 outnumbers the 360 by ~4.4 million units, and the games are launching on the exact same day, yet the 360 version somehow outsells the PS3 version. Just not seeing how that's possible."

Edit: This is just for EMEAA.

UK Skyrim sales were 65% to like 23% to X360? Judging by that, that's high even for UK, I fail to see PS3 Skyrim dominating 360 version anywhere enough to have a lead.

Not to mention there are skus of games that sell better on PS3 in AMERICAS, where the 360 has a 11 mill lead ... seriously, some games just sell better than the other version no matter what country. Stop coming up with this rubbish simply because you don't like the numbers.

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
Shinobi-san said:

There was.  MW3 bundle in all main European countries I believe.  As I noted in a few of the prediction threads while MS is clearly looking to avoid an official RRP price drop they're going to use bundles and deals to effectively aggresively reduce the price to the consumer or appeal to the CoD fanbase to drive their holiday spike.

Not there's anything wrong with that, PS3 will have deals, etc. too - but I always feel MS does a better job of judging which bundles/deals to drive maximum return in the countries 360 is popular in and sees a bigger return.

That said with a SW title over 100K in Japan and huge MW3 numbers for PS3 in EMEAA matching those of 360 I'm a little surprised the PS3 saw no real boost in those territories.  The 360 numbers make sense, and given the lack of MW3 bundles for PS3 I didn't expect it to match 360 boost wise anywhere, but it does seem to have seen particularly weak boosts nonetheless.

Still - I can't complain, things are heading to the virtual (and sure to be entertaining) tie for HW for the year with 360 sure to do more over the holidays.  The forums are going to be interesting place for the next few weeks.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I think 360 is overtracked. In East Europe PS3 sold 10 times more than 360.