By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP 12th of November

Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

X360 got a big boost in the UK, where it sells well and had MW3 bundles unlike the PS3 (MW3 bundles) again, why are people surprised? PS3 didn't have bundles!!

Going to post this in here, just in case EMEAA thread dies.

"I also have to say, not really buying the 360 Skyrim outsold the PS3 Skyrim by ~100K, either. Just look at Oblivion for my reasoning. Oblivion launched in EMEAA a little over a year late on the PS3. At that time the 360 outnumbered the PS3 by ~2.3 million in those regions. Yet, Oblivion on the 360 only outsold the PS3 version by 190K. So here we are, when the PS3 outnumbers the 360 by ~4.4 million units, and the games are launching on the exact same day, yet the 360 version somehow outsells the PS3 version. Just not seeing how that's possible."

Edit: This is just for EMEAA.

thismeintiel said:

Going to post this in here, just in case EMEAA thread dies.

"I also have to say, not really buying the 360 Skyrim outsold the PS3 Skyrim by ~100K, either. Just look at Oblivion for my reasoning. Oblivion launched in EMEAA a little over a year late on the PS3. At that time the 360 outnumbered the PS3 by ~2.3 million in those regions. Yet, Oblivion on the 360 only outsold the PS3 version by 190K. So here we are, when the PS3 outnumbers the 360 by ~4.4 million units, and the games are launching on the exact same day, yet the 360 version somehow outsells the PS3 version. Just not seeing how that's possible."

Edit: This is just for EMEAA.

UK Skyrim sales were 65% to like 23% to X360? Judging by that, that's high even for UK, I fail to see PS3 Skyrim dominating 360 version anywhere enough to have a lead.

Not to mention there are skus of games that sell better on PS3 in AMERICAS, where the 360 has a 11 mill lead ... seriously, some games just sell better than the other version no matter what country. Stop coming up with this rubbish simply because you don't like the numbers.

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
Shinobi-san said:
Now that i checked the region numbers i see 360 had a massive increase in EMEAA, while ps3 had a very minor increase...

well it dropped last week

and 40~50k gap not really close,and should be 100k+ again later

Considering it was 100k last week I think it's pretty close. As far as I know there wasn't a special edition 360 this week in EMEAA, or was there?

There was.  MW3 bundle in all main European countries I believe.  As I noted in a few of the prediction threads while MS is clearly looking to avoid an official RRP price drop they're going to use bundles and deals to effectively aggresively reduce the price to the consumer or appeal to the CoD fanbase to drive their holiday spike.

Not there's anything wrong with that, PS3 will have deals, etc. too - but I always feel MS does a better job of judging which bundles/deals to drive maximum return in the countries 360 is popular in and sees a bigger return.

That said with a SW title over 100K in Japan and huge MW3 numbers for PS3 in EMEAA matching those of 360 I'm a little surprised the PS3 saw no real boost in those territories.  The 360 numbers make sense, and given the lack of MW3 bundles for PS3 I didn't expect it to match 360 boost wise anywhere, but it does seem to have seen particularly weak boosts nonetheless.

Still - I can't complain, things are heading to the virtual (and sure to be entertaining) tie for HW for the year with 360 sure to do more over the holidays.  The forums are going to be interesting place for the next few weeks.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I think 360 is overtracked. In East Europe PS3 sold 10 times more than 360.

So let me see if I understand correctly, PS3 is up 10k, and the 360 is down 18k YOY, and the comments we see is "360 will dominate the Holidays", hahahhaha.

Every time since the price drop, we see PS3 dominate, and all of a sudden, the "reality checkers" (as they like to call themselves) come in and say, that it doesn´t matter because it is down/flat YOY. Now all of sudden YOY don´t mean nothing for a console that is out for so long as the 360, and it actually means it will dominate.

On topic: Those are some huge numbers for the 360 as expected. People acting like they are huge unexpected numbers need to stop with the agendas. Just say it like it is, they are huge, but they are expected, based on all kinds of promotions, but most importantly, based on how huge the software releases were and how they preference the 360

Those are some good numbers for the PS3, expected, maybe people were expecting bigger ups for both the releases of U3 and MW3, but, people have to realise that for one, the U3 bundle will have the same effect the price drop had, it is not huge first week, but over time, it will be a very noticeable increase. And MW3 should have a bigger FW impact, but, fact of the matter is, from what I can tell, there is no MW3 bundled with PS3, and the people that want to play it, already have one most probably. You can´t compare it to the 360 jump, simply because there is a custom made console for it and all the advertisement is on the 360 version, so evidently, the rise will be bigger, as they have been, I mean look at last year....

Wii, disappointing, for the simple fact that being that cheap, I thought consumers would jump into that quickly, even without a lot of software, they are rising, but not as quick. I still think they can take December.

3ds just waiting to explode

Ds still in there strong

PSP just surviving and making Sony money

PS2 just a monster 50k in it´s 6969696969696969th week on the market

Next coming weeks...... HUGE

sega4life said:
Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

you know I've never understood this "no price cut" stuff

when the ps3 outsold the 360 being  $100-200 more, that's a impressive sales considering the price difference

but the 360 is currently one of, if not the least expensive console on the market and have been so since 2008, and has been at the mass market price point longer than any console this gen, ps3 JUST went below 300 dollars and it still isn't 199, but the 360 has been there since 08 and that's was *counts on fingers* 3 years ago (when the cheapest ps3 was $400)

I think PS3 is overtracked, xbox sold twice as much in America.. Oh wait America =/= world, and Eastern Europe =/= Europe altogether.

Good numbers, I personally saw the MW3 360 bundle, can't recall if I've seen LE of a PS3 console though, only 360.

MW3 pulls unbelievable numbers out of its ass tbh!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Forza Motorsport 4 (X360)
Microsoft, Racer
5 65,134 1,032,056

Forza hit over 1 million, Nice!

Also, Kinect Adventers should hit 11 Million This Week:

Kinect Adventures! (X360)
Microsoft, Other
54 126,547 10,974,442

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o