By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games have taken you by surprise this year?

I didn't want to buy portal 2 and rayman origins but oh my god this two games are amazing. i didn't like portal 1 but i really liked portal 2

and rayman origins is gorgeous and amazing everyone should play it

Around the Network

Dungeon Defenders. I figured it would be okay but nothing spectacular...turns out it was horribly addicting, remarkably fun, has tonnes of replay value, and above all else is REALLY fun to play with friends. In fact, it's really only awesome with friends, but when you have friends, it's epic.

Second favorite game of the year.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Dungeon Defenders. I figured it would be okay but nothing spectacular...turns out it was horribly addicting, remarkably fun, has tonnes of replay value, and above all else is REALLY fun to play with friends. In fact, it's really only awesome with friends, but when you have friends, it's epic.

is it a psn/xbl game?

LittleBigPlanet 2. Didn't expect singleplayer to be soo good.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

sepisfu said:
Runa216 said:

is it a psn/xbl game?

it certainly is!  It's also on PC, and it's PC/PSN cross system compatible, so that's cool too.  if you get it on XBL, you're restrained to XBL players. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
sepisfu said:
Runa216 said:

is it a psn/xbl game?

it certainly is!  It's also on PC, and it's PC/PSN cross system compatible, so that's cool too.  if you get it on XBL, you're restrained to XBL players. 

i buy all my games for ps3 because i don't have xbox360 or wii or a good pc so i'll check psn to see if there is a demo

Elemental Monster Online Card Game.

Worst name ever but a brilliant game all the same.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Bird Assassin from XBLA indie games. Best $1 I've ever spent.

dead space 2. I never played the first but after playing the demo of the second I fell in love. 

Ghost Trick. Amazingly clever game. I knew it would be decent, didn't expect it to blow my mind.

The Binding of Isaac- Legend of Zelda except you restart the whole game if you die. Next "Souls" game take note. Do that to make the game challanging.

Arkham City - I knew it was going to be good, but not this good.

Skyrim - Wasn't really a big fan of Oblivion, so I wasn't crazy excited for this because I thought it would be a polished version of Oblivion. Based on the extremely positive reception, it appears I was wrong. I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure it's gonna be exceptional. The 9.7 score from VGC really pushed me over the edge (the highest score ever I think). Also the fact that Naznatips wasn't the biggest fan of Oblivion, yet thought Skyrim was one of the best games of all times is very convincing.