By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

PlaystaionGamer said:
i really don't think we will get PS4 in 2013, plus i don't think it will be called PS4 (which I'm gutted about)

Is WiiU coming out in 2012? yes.

Is there enough evidence about neXtBox specs, codename, dev kit finalization, etc to confidently think its coming out by end of 2013 at the latest? yes.

Has Sony done or stated anything that shows they won't allow MS to have such a big head start as this gen? YES

Has there been multiple rumors showing Sony is deep into PS4 development? Yes, including R&D increases.

Has there been numerous demos from pretty much every major 3rd party of next-gen tool sets? yes and/or they generally use the ones already demoed.

If those questions don't push you to have a majority opinion that PS4 is coming by end of 2013 then add that with this....

There is NO way Sony is going to let Nintendo have more than a year head start and definitely not let MS have much if any head start.

Now, had Nintendo not pushed the next gen last year with the WiiU, then yes its very probably no PS4 in 2013. But, Nintendo's announcement forced the others to plan for a holiday 2013 release at the latest. Regardless of anyone's fanboyish interpretation of MS/Sony vs Nintendo, they are all direct competitors and in this type of market they won't let each other have much, if any, advantage for too long.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
i really don't think we will get PS4 in 2013, plus i don't think it will be called PS4 (which I'm gutted about)

Is there enough evidence about neXtBox specs, codename, dev kit finalization, etc to confidently think its coming out by end of 2013 at the latest? yes.

Has Sony done or stated anything that shows they won't allow MS to have such a big head start as this gen? YES

Has there been multiple rumors showing Sony is deep into PS4 development? Yes, including R&D increases.

Has there been numerous demos from pretty much every major 3rd party of next-gen tool sets? yes and/or they generally use the ones already demoed.

If those questions don't push you to have a majority opinion that PS4 is coming by end of 2013 then add that with this....

There is NO way Sony is going to let Nintendo have more than a year head start and definitely not let MS have much if any head start.

Now, had Nintendo not pushed the next gen last year with the WiiU, then yes its very probably no PS4 in 2013. But, Nintendo's announcement forced the others to plan for a holiday 2013 release at the latest. Regardless of anyone's fanboyish interpretation of MS/Sony vs Nintendo, they are all direct competitors and in this type of market they won't let each other have much, if any, advantage for too long.

WiiU launches Holiday 2012. PS4 IF it does launch will be Holiday 2013 and if we look at past launched probably only in Japan. 

yes very true, that why i dont believe your interpretation of release.

Pavolink said:

PlayStation Morte for 2014 then?

Hilarious how it looks like your avatar is enjoying your comment xD

Soleron said:
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/03/02/sony-playstation-4-will-be-an-x86-cpu-with-an-amd-gpu/

PS4 is AMD CPU+GPU. Charlie is completely certain on this but I guess it is still a rumour site.

I did wonder if one of the console manufacturers were going down the Fusion route (although it sounds like they'll keep them seperate at first). It just seems to make sense for a console. Should keep PC developers happy too as they'll have their X86 architecture and perhaps lead to better optimised PC games on Bulldozer/Piledriver based systems.

I'm also a bit surprised though. I thought X86 had certain bottlenecks which is why the console devs generally stayed away.

Scoobes said:
Soleron said:
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/03/02/sony-playstation-4-will-be-an-x86-cpu-with-an-amd-gpu/

PS4 is AMD CPU+GPU. Charlie is completely certain on this but I guess it is still a rumour site.

I did wonder if one of the console manufacturers were going down the Fusion route (although it sounds like they'll keep them seperate at first). It just seems to make sense for a console. Should keep PC developers happy too as they'll have their X86 architecture and perhaps lead to better optimised PC games on Bulldozer/Piledriver based systems.

I'm also a bit surprised though. I thought X86 had certain bottlenecks which is why the console devs generally stayed away.

X86 is not a good choice also you get way more bang for your buck in a Power 7 . I am pretty sure they wont use x86 cant see the advantage here.

Around the Network

I like this thread, thanks Superchunk

As for the rumored specs: They're pretty much in line with what I expect: 6 core CPU's for Microsoft and Sony consoles and Nintendo going with 4. Here's hope Sony and Microsoft will put more than 2GB of Ram into their consoles. Ram has really been a bottleneck this generation and the prices are incredibly cheap right now. It would also allow for more multitasking features. This generation definitely overshot the market at first (specs wise) but I am willing to pay $400 for a powerful new console.

One question for those who are more into this: Do you think Nintendo can keep the relatively small size of the Wii U console if they put a quad core in there? It's bigger than a Wii but most of the space will still be taken by the disc drive. I remember when rumors about the Wii said it was going to have a 2Ghz dual core CPU and no one even considered how tiny this thing was.

Since the Wii U is launching this year, I hope we´ll have complete knowledge of just exactly how much more powerful than the 360 and PS3 it really is.

Netyaroze said:
Scoobes said:
Soleron said:

X86 is not a good choice also you get way more bang for your buck in a Power 7 . I am pretty sure they wont use x86 cant see the advantage here.

That was pretty much my understanding too, but the article does point to an AMD x86 processor.

PlaystaionGamer said:
superchunk said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

WiiU launches Holiday 2012. PS4 IF it does launch will be Holiday 2013 and if we look at past launched probably only in Japan. 

yes very true, that why i dont believe your interpretation of release.

:/   So what you're saying is you agree with me but you don't agree with me? I don't get it.

UncleScrooge said:
I like this thread, thanks Superchunk

As for the rumored specs: They're pretty much in line with what I expect: 6 core CPU's for Microsoft and Sony consoles and Nintendo going with 4. Here's hope Sony and Microsoft will put more than 2GB of Ram into their consoles. Ram has really been a bottleneck this generation and the prices are incredibly cheap right now. It would also allow for more multitasking features. This generation definitely overshot the market at first (specs wise) but I am willing to pay $400 for a powerful new console.

One question for those who are more into this: Do you think Nintendo can keep the relatively small size of the Wii U console if they put a quad core in there? It's bigger than a Wii but most of the space will still be taken by the disc drive. I remember when rumors about the Wii said it was going to have a 2Ghz dual core CPU and no one even considered how tiny this thing was.

Yes, Nintendo will definitely be able to put the hardware I have in my OP in a device based on the sizes found on their WiiU E3 page. (Its relatively same thickness and width... but its a lot longer)

Keep in mind there are phones and tablets coming out in a month with quad-core CPUs as well as many existing laptops. Then consider that IBM/AMD and Nintendo will heavily optimize the solution for lowest heat and size factors based on the cost and casing they want to produce.