By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

reason of 324k

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
reason of 324k

You do have to wonder what the real sales of mature rated titles would be if the ratings were strictly enforced?  A lot less I suspect.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Good numbers for wii, 3ds and even the ds. It seems like the ds is going to sell very well this holiday season. I hope nintendo is making enough money on those DSs so they can offset the losses from the 3ds. Wii should be above 250k this week ww & 3ds above 300k. The NSMBwii is rising a little bit again, and probably is going to sell about 100k close to christmas, nintendo better to be working really hard to have NSMBmii ready for the launch of the wiiU.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Xbox 360 selling like hot pancakes!!!! Way to go!!!

Yay!!!

sully1311 said:
phinch1 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:
can anyone find the sales of ps3 last year when black ops came out?

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

sorry, i didnt explain what i wanted very well

I wanted two sets of numbers, I wanted the week sales in america the week before black ops and the week black ops released, compare the "boost"
from this years week before MW3 to know if im not just being too much of a ps3 fan boy in feeling that the US numbers are undertracked

Went from 89,775 to 139,692(+56%)

thats exactly why i don't believe the ps3 sales this week lol, week after uncharted 3, week of modern warfare 3 and skyrim, and it just gets nothing....

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
sully1311 said:
phinch1 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

I wanted two sets of numbers, I wanted the week sales in america the week before black ops and the week black ops released, compare the "boost"
from this years week before MW3 to know if im not just being too much of a ps3 fan boy in feeling that the US numbers are undertracked

thats exactly why i don't believe the ps3 sales this week lol, week after uncharted 3, week of modern warfare 3 and skyrim, and it just gets nothing....

since PS3's YoY in NPD october is down 4%~flat,it wasn't hard to believe

maybe VGC should adjust down the last week of october,then first week of November's sales up will looks good,right?

D-Joe said:
phinch1 said:
sully1311 said:
phinch1 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

maybe VGC should adjust down the last week of october,then first week of November's sales up will looks good,right?

I don't think you've read what im on about at all

these ps3 numbers are bs tbh :)

phinch1 said:
D-Joe said:
phinch1 said:
sully1311 said:
phinch1 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

i know,you want something like +20% or more in  MW3 week,so let's adjust down the last week of October+first week of Nov's number,then it will get nicely up week over week

D-Joe said:
phinch1 said:
D-Joe said:
phinch1 said:
sully1311 said:
phinch1 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

i know,you want something like +20% or more in  MW3 week,so let's adjust down the last week of October+first week of Nov's number,then it will get nicely up week over week

360 November 2010, week before black ops ,245 671............ week of black ops 310,512  + 65k
Ps3 November 2010 week before black ops 89,775................week of black ops 139,692  + 40k

360 November 2011 week before MW3 169,349...................week of MW3 324,064 + 154k
Ps3 Novermber 2011 week before MW3 142,973.................. week of MW3 142,973 + 22k    

ps3 only plus 22k week after uncharted 3 plus the week of MW3 and skyrim im going to call bullshit on this one