By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

360 sales are great indeed.

PS3 barely got a boost with 3 big games out this past weeks? yeh I highly doubt it but whatever.....  it will get adjusted anyways once more report comes in.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Michael-5 said:
Seece said:
Michael-5 said:
atma998 said:
DS > PS2 LT

Why didn't anyone notice this? People are so focused on 360...

DS sold 63k this week for total Americas lifetime sales of 56,266k

PS2 sold 21k this week for total Americas lifetime sales of 56,260k

Looks like there is a new king in the US Americas.

DS passed PS2 in the U.S ages ago, 46.1 for PS2 vs 50+ for DS.

Those are Americas numbers.

Your giving me shipped numbers, that doesn't count.

What I gave is units sold, just look. This is the week DS topped PS2 in sales.

Ugh, you've been here how long and you can't tell the difference between U.S and Americas here? I didn't state any shipped numbers, I stated sold to consumer in the U.S, we track AMERICAS, which is U.S plus Canada, Mexico ect, so you can't derive any U.S numbers from our numbers, you have to use NPD.

OHHH my bad, I meant DS beat PS2 in lifetime sales in Americas. Don't care about USA specifically, psssh...

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ultraslick said:
No!
I will not accept the sales estimates as anything other than just that.
but if I am wrong, and these guesses turn out to be somehow accurate, than;

Bad America! Bad!!
I push your nose into the mess you made
NO, wrong!!
Stupid America got MW3 all messed into the carpet that is gaming.

You have to push the dogs nose into the shit, or he may never learn.

-A lesson from Ultraslick-

I can see you are a man of great character >_>

It's funny, even with a 91% jump, 360 is only what, 4-6% up YoY? PS3 as well is only up by the same margin, but their jump was only 20 something%.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

The first Gears had the best plot, but as the first game in the franchise, it lacked the polish of the other 2. Also MP was a last minute addition.

Also, any pro with the gnasher just has to aim at the head, and it's just as effective as the sawed off. When you play KOTH and other fast paced moded, the sawed off reload time is just too damn long.

Guardian mode.... isn't that in Gears 3? that's the mode where you have to protect the leader correct?

Yeah, but sawed offs always come from behind when you least expect it, and since you run about 50% faster in Gears 3, a lot of times your team mates can't chase them down or shoot them down right away.

When I finished playing Gears 2, my K/d was about a 2.4 in multiplayer, and in Gears 3, its more like a 1.4... just because of the changes... not complaining, still like it better, but others don't like it.

That's capture the leader... which is quite different in how it's played.  Holding for 30 seconds and killing are far different in how you play it, mostly because you have a 50% chance to die if you're the guy trying to capture as opposed to before when you were just out to kill the leader.  In my opinion, its not as fun as Gears 2 Guardian, but hey, they added in Alpha (Gears 1 multiplayer) so who knows, maybe they will bring guardian back!

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Around the Network

To be fair, COD overseas first week numbers are bigger then everything else as well, its not only America.

Jexy said:
Michael-5 said:

The first Gears had the best plot, but as the first game in the franchise, it lacked the polish of the other 2. Also MP was a last minute addition.

Also, any pro with the gnasher just has to aim at the head, and it's just as effective as the sawed off. When you play KOTH and other fast paced moded, the sawed off reload time is just too damn long.

Guardian mode.... isn't that in Gears 3? that's the mode where you have to protect the leader correct?

Yeah, but sawed offs always come from behind when you least expect it, and since you run about 50% faster in Gears 3, a lot of times your team mates can't chase them down or shoot them down right away.

When I finished playing Gears 2, my K/d was about a 2.4 in multiplayer, and in Gears 3, its more like a 1.4... just because of the changes... not complaining, still like it better, but others don't like it.

That's capture the leader... which is quite different in how it's played.  Holding for 30 seconds and killing are far different in how you play it, mostly because you have a 50% chance to die if you're the guy trying to capture as opposed to before when you were just out to kill the leader.  In my opinion, its not as fun as Gears 2 Guardian, but hey, they added in Alpha (Gears 1 multiplayer) so who knows, maybe they will bring guardian back!

Well without change, the franchise stagnates. I like the sawed off, but I can see you others don't.

I wish Epic made a proper lancer substitute. For long distance shooting, the hammerburst doesn't offer that much more range, and is much weaker, and the retro lancer offers no range at all.

Oh yes, now I remember Guardian. I rarely played that game type on Gears 2, but I do agree, it's better then Capture the leader. I'm a KOTH and Annex fan, so naturally I also enjoy Team Deathmatch.

Seece said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
well EMEAA should tell an even more interesting story no matter what it shows for hardware. PS3 about half of 360 sells in Americas. mesa smell something fishy but i don't really care at the moment to comment any further.

The X360 nearly outsold the PS3 last November by triple, double is nothing.

srry i don't remember much about 2010, but americas is what it is. thanks

Lol, those 360 sales are ridiculous!

Michael-5 said:

Well without change, the franchise stagnates. I like the sawed off, but I can see you others don't.

I wish Epic made a proper lancer substitute. For long distance shooting, the hammerburst doesn't offer that much more range, and is much weaker, and the retro lancer offers no range at all.

Oh yes, now I remember Guardian. I rarely played that game type on Gears 2, but I do agree, it's better then Capture the leader. I'm a KOTH and Annex fan, so naturally I also enjoy Team Deathmatch.

Oh I agree... then again MW3 came out with the same stuff the past 2 games did and broke records upon records... so it's not always bad to change things that people like.

The hammerburst with active reload will put someone down REALLY fast... and the recoil is more like a CoD weapon than what it was in Gears 2, where the recoil was crazy.  But yeah, the Lancer is much more accurate than it was in Gears 2, making is even better long range... and since you run so fast in Gears 3, theres always someone kind of close, so you don't really need the hammerburst.  The retro is great if a guy with a shotgun is on you, you'll be able to put him down faster than he can you.  But yeah, it's useless on distance.  Might as well whip out your pistol.

Team deathmatch is fun of course, and I do like anything with rings, but I do miss Guardian.  Twas my favorite.  Another thing that is lost are shotgun battles where two guys would go 1 on 1.  It's so easy to kill people now.  It's also too easy to get headshots with shotguns.  It used to be a big deal when you popped someones head with a shotgun, but now it happens ALL the time.  That's nitpicking though.  Great game and tons of fun.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!