By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

I really got to try out BioShock maybe it'll reconcile me with First Person Shooters.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I really got to try out BioShock maybe it'll reconcile me with First Person Shooters.

I don't really play many of them myself, but obviously I loved BioShock. I wish there were more FPS games like it being made rather than endless COD clones.

VGChartz

No More Heroes is my number 31

There is just a lot of soul and charm in that game, despite it's rather undeveloped gameplay that gives it a great, lasting impression, and its proof that fixing a game's flaws will not necessarily make a better game (as in NMH2, which just wasn't as good)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

#31 Sports Champions PS3

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

RolStoppable said:
Ajescent said:

#31 Sports Champions PS3

Wow, man. That's just poor taste. My #31 is so much better.

Haha, I knew people would raise an eyebrow.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
RolStoppable said:
Ajescent said:

#31 Sports Champions PS3

Wow, man. That's just poor taste. My #31 is so much better.

Haha, I knew people would raise an eyebrow.

I would, but with Sports Resort as my 33 i can't complain ;)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

#31. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

One of the best 3D platformer ever made. Although I had feared it would be feel too similar to the first Galaxy game, the developpers at Nintendo managed to keep things fresh with incredible level design , new galaxies that made great use of both the new and old power ups and the inclusion of Yoshi. Only some returning bosses keep this game from feeling entirely new.

The game has you rescuing Peach once again but I'm starting to think this whole charade with Bowser is planned just so Mario can collect stars without anyone asking questions and he then proceeds to sell them on the lucrative stars black market giving Peach and Bowser a cut of the profits.

While searching for the game's 120 regular stars you get to fight off a giant dragon, a giant beetle, a giant mole (anything giant really), you also get to use new power ups like the Cloud Mushroom which allow you to generate three clouds giving the freedom to get very high or very far or the Rock Mushroom allowing you to become a rolling boulder knocking down all enemies in your path and getting yourself killed by flying off the ledge.

Once you're done with collecting the first 120 stars, you get to search for the Green Stars (which is much better than just redoing all the stars with Luigi like in SMG). I really enjoyed that part because it reminded me of Mario 64 where you didn't always know where you'd find your next star and some exploring was necessary.

All in all, this game is 3D platforming like only Nintendo knows how to do and it's fantastic!

Signature goes here!

31. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Excellent level-design, great gameplay and an amazing soundtrack makes SMG one of the best platformers of all time. I loved it, but there was one Wii game that I liked more than this. You'll soon find out which one ;).

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Ok people and critics tore into this game but I do not see it at all. Is the combat bad? Yeah, you want a good stealth fighter get Tom Clancy I get it. But if you want a game where you feel like a agent and you made decisions that actually mattered? This game in every sense of those words. Combat was below average however never bad enough to hate. Actually picking up perks made the combat more tolerable but that is not what I loved about this game, it was the story. I beat this game 4 times and each time a few things completely unique happened in each playthrough. On my third playthrough I got a completely new ending boss and on my first playthrough something happened that never happened in my other three with my last one I was trying to get it happen. Game is filled with small decisions that impact the overall game and in my opinion was done better then any other game. Characters people hate on but I enjoyed the characters (Heck maybe favorite ever) and a deep perk and level system, I just can't say enough about this game.

SinZinDetta said:

Great choice, VERY underrated game from Sega no less ^_^