By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison Video

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lestatdark said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i am about 15 hour in the game, ps3 version and thiss game have serious problems on ps3, bad shadows (the worst i have ever seen in a ps3 game) frame rate sometimes drop.

its annoying this problems but the game is so good that we forgot them playing.

it is just me or some of you think this game graphics are oblivion like? the armors in this game is worst than oblivion.

So far, I haven't seen anything that's isn't better, graphically, than Oblivion. Then again, i'm playing the PC version on Ultra so that's maybe why i'm noticing such a big difference (I have both Skyrim and Oblivion with Qarl's Texture Pack and enhanced environments and lightning mods).
ters

the environments , character are way better, but the armors for example and the cities i think is the same.

maibe its my problem cause i was expecting a big diference

Well, from my experience Helgen looked much better than any city on Oblivion and this is including the Imperial City and Bruma (which were the best looking towns in Oblivion to me). Textures were better, shaders, shadows were smooth as a baby's butt and the overall ambience is improved over Oblivion. 

Have you tried running Oblivion side to side with Skyrim? It can be your memory playing tricks with you.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Triple format comparison.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-13-skyrim-triple-format-comparison-gallery-comparison-gallery

This is probably the first PC title I ever played that didn't impress me at all on ultra settings with everything maxed. The visuals are my biggest disappointment with Skyrim.

Mummelmann said:
This is probably the first PC title I ever played that didn't impress me at all on ultra settings with everything maxed. The visuals are my biggest disappointment with Skyrim.

Well it is running on the same engine from Oblivion and the Bethesda Fallouts so there's just so much they could improve over those titles. We'll only see a huge leap in the graphics department when they shift to a new engine.

That being said, the biggest upgrade that Skyrim had (IMO) over Oblivion is the animations. Heck 3rd Person View is now a viable and very playable choice and that alone is a huge improvement. Lightning and ambience are also another improvement, Skyrim boasts an amazing lightning system (kinda like the Real Environments mods that gave Oblivion an insane lightning system).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

NiKKoM said:
yo_john117 said:
I was going to come in here and say how surprisingly bad the 360 version was to the PS3 version but then I saw the lensoftruth comparison (which I trust far more than a random youtube video)

They look exactly the same.

really? to me the lens of truth images for the 360 are much sharper..

They are sharper, but they are also zoomed in, and there are also texture issues on the 360 version (look at the weird pixelation on the rocks). The PS3 seems to be blurred a little, probably by QAA, but it also has better gamma and a more natural colour scheme.

I'm actually considering getting this game, but I'll wait until the full analysis, I think I'll go for the 360 version though.

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
D-Joe said:

well,not over yet
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-screenshot-comparison

i DO NOT know if LoT uses the PS3's full RGB range, if so, 360 wins. (according to the pics.)

but the PS3 shot there looks like they dont? (someone, confirm or deny paleez. :) )

Don't use full RGB range, it just crushed whites and blacks. You are only supposed to use full RGB if your TV has a HDMI black level setting or if you are playing the game on a PC monitor.

This game is pretty awesome looking no matter the graphics....

dahuman said:

LOL! I wonder if that really works, I have to try it.

dahuman said:

It really does look amazing, even more if you've got a PC to run it on Ultra

Just some of my personal favourite screenshots out of the dozens I've already taken, and i'm just 5 hours in the game xD.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
D-Joe said:
anyone have performance problem(PC ver)of this game
sometimes the frame-rate drop to 30 in some place,whatever i set the graphics to low or ultra(i can sure i closed vsync)

Haven't suffered it yet, then again i'm barely off the initial dungeon and I'm just taking my first steps on Skyrim's main map. I'm at Ultra definition, V-Sync on and 2x AA, 16x AF, framerate between 40-45

What kinda rig you got? I can run Witcher 2 at 1920x1080 with Ultra settings (sans ubersampling) and maintain a smooth 30fps so I assumed I'd chew up Skyrim and spit it out, but I want to be sure.