By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8m Day 1: Sony

NintendoFanDj said:
ElGranCabeza said:
michael_stutzer said:
Claymore said:
Wish they'd stop using shipped numbers.

What should they use instead? They don't have a crystall ball, they can't know anything other than shipped numbers.

They have access to NPD, Enterbrain and have they own tracking service with major retailers, just like Nintendo and MS. And just like Nintendo and MS they report sold in (shipped) numbers instead of sold through (sold to retailers) as that will always make it sound/seem better. It's just industry standard. The Nintendo fanboy dude crying cheating was funny though.

You can call a Nintendo Fanboy all you want. I am not crying about the sales anyway til not enough the master Nintendo games. Enterbrain is tracking their own service which I don't care about cause Shipped doesn't means sold.  NPD is what I go by. If they count shipped then DS should be at 200 million by now and Wii, and PSP should be at 120 or higher while 360 and PS3 at 100 or higher. 3DS would had been at 10-30 million if they count shipped. I go by Sold if the game is still in the store it should not be count as Sold. Calling me a Nintendo Fanboy and don't even know what consoles I own is ignorant. I owned all Sony consoles to date. I owned every Nintendo consoles since SNES.

People are being overly mean and namecalling and I apologize for that, but you have to know that all the numbers you just mentioned for shipped aren't even close to true.  We have total shipped numbers for all of those platforms you mentioned.  You need to stop pulling numbers from where the sun doesn't shine, because like most things that come from that particular area, they'll just be shit, and someone will call you on it around here.

edit: for reference here's Kowenicki's thread that gives shipped numbers for all of the consoles: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129135&page=1

and as you can tell your numbers aren't even close.  yes shipped numbers do matter for certain applications, they're the only hard and fast numbers out there that aren't an estimate of sales over a huge number of stores.  They're a good barometer for how well prediected the sales to customer numbers are.  

Around the Network

good numbers. you can't deny that.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

hmmm... 3.8million shipped..

...if we extrapulate that for weekly sales, we can estimate that is SOLD at least 5million first week, likely 6million....

...Which means it sold about 4million Day 1...

...Using that figure, it likely sold 10million within the first hour...

...which equates to at least 30 million preorders....

...which should translate into at least 100 Million units first week....

VGChartz needs major adjusting!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Most likely gonna end up in the bargain bin as quickly as Uncharted 2.

I'm sorry, but what?

Slimbeast has this thing against Uncharted ...hence the random wtfdoesthatevenmean comment ..

and good to see you're still alive! :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

So basically, Sony has sold 3.8m copies of Uncharted 3, which means > $100m in revenue, which means profit!

So everyone should be happy!

But I would really wish that publishers stopped announced these hugely inflated figures of their launch day shipments. Most of these copies probably aren't even in shops, just in boats or trucks. Batman AC shipped 4.1m copies despite VGC saying it had sold around 2m in its first week, so Uncharted is only a little under tracked

Around the Network

What is this? We've dealt with this already for years. Sony, MS, Nintendo shipped games ( which is sold to retailers) for most of their PR numbers. That goes for most companies. Shipping 3.8 million copies is great, it gives you an idea of demand.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

According to some people here, Uncharted is as big as Call of Duty on the PS3.

michael_stutzer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
michael_stutzer said:
Claymore said:

What should they use instead? They don't have a crystall ball, they can't know anything other than shipped numbers.

They have access to NPD, Enterbrain and have they own tracking service with major retailers, just like Nintendo and MS. And just like Nintendo and MS they report sold in (shipped) numbers instead of sold through (sold to retailers) as that will always make it sound/seem better. It's just industry standard. The Nintendo fanboy dude crying cheating was funny though.

They only know the shipped numbers at the moment, so that is why they are using them. After NPD publish their results they mention them. Those numbers are all estimates anyway, shipped numbers mean more to companies.

Incorrect. They all have their internal tracker independent of NPD, Enterbrain, etc. The reason NPD is used is because it's the standard for the industry and wildly accepted. Even major publishers have their own internal trackers with major retailers, it's common industry practice, if you knew anything about the industry you would know that instead of making stuff up like they are facts.

NintendoFanDj said:

Nintendo, Microsoft and other publishers doesn't use shipped numbers only Sony does.

HAHAHAHAHA

NintendoFanDj said:
ElGranCabeza said:
michael_stutzer said:
Claymore said:

You can call a Nintendo Fanboy all you want. I am not crying about the sales anyway til not enough the master Nintendo games. Enterbrain is tracking their own service which I don't care about cause Shipped doesn't means sold.  NPD is what I go by. If they count shipped then DS should be at 200 million by now and Wii, and PSP should be at 120 or higher while 360 and PS3 at 100 or higher. 3DS would had been at 10-30 million if they count shipped. I go by Sold if the game is still in the store it should not be count as Sold. Calling me a Nintendo Fanboy and don't even know what consoles I own is ignorant. I owned all Sony consoles to date. I owned every Nintendo consoles since SNES.