By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8m Day 1: Sony

shipped number are shipped

Around the Network

Wish they'd stop using shipped numbers.

Claymore said:

What should they use instead? They don't have a crystall ball, they can't know anything other than shipped numbers.

Nintendo, Microsoft and other publishers doesn't use shipped numbers only Sony does.

"Nintendo fan for life"

michael_stutzer said:
Claymore said:

What should they use instead? They don't have a crystall ball, they can't know anything other than shipped numbers.

They have access to NPD, Enterbrain and have they own tracking service with major retailers, just like Nintendo and MS. And just like Nintendo and MS they report sold in (shipped) numbers instead of sold through (sold to retailers) as that will always make it sound/seem better. It's just industry standard. The Nintendo fanboy dude crying cheating was funny though.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
michael_stutzer said:
Claymore said:

They have access to NPD, Enterbrain and have they own tracking service with major retailers, just like Nintendo and MS. And just like Nintendo and MS they report sold in (shipped) numbers instead of sold through (sold to retailers) as that will always make it sound/seem better. It's just industry standard. The Nintendo fanboy dude crying cheating was funny though.

They only know the shipped numbers at the moment, so that is why they are using them. After NPD publish their results they mention them. Those numbers are all estimates anyway, shipped numbers mean more to companies.

NintendoFanDj said:

Nintendo, Microsoft and other publishers doesn't use shipped numbers only Sony does.

you obviously dont have a clue what your talking about

ethomaz said:
firelink said:
This number is shipped.

However, one must realize, that shipping a lot of units to retailers does not always mean a good thing. When MHTri came to the states, Capcom shipped TONS of units to retailers, and they just sat on the shelves.

I believe the same thing is happening here. I noticed sites like Amazon are already discounting the game. It is very likely that retailers and e-tailers are overstocked.

I have another theory... of course retailers overstocked U3 for the Holidays but 3.8 million shipped to 1.2 million sold seems a little undertracked here.

For me VGC numbers are good in US ans way off in EMEAA... so the game may have sold more there than VGC thinks... 800-1000k is my bet just for EMEAA.

In total I guess U3 sold in first week somewhere between 1.5m and 1.8m (2m on shelves for Holiday).

VGC always underestimates PS3 software in EMEAA.

PS. My "undertracked" feeling never let me down

Umm I think your really overtracking it bro. N doubt it will sell the rest of the shipments by the end of this year but it didn't Sony say themselves the launch was behind God of War 3? Anyways if they did undertrack it, it would most likely be in the Americas. We don't have ful PAL data but based on UK data UC3 came second to BF3 when it was including mutiplatform. I don't know about other big countries like France and Germany but in U.K. that is the data. But yes you are right about PS3 software being undertracked in U.S.

ElGranCabeza said:
michael_stutzer said:
Claymore said:

You can call a Nintendo Fanboy all you want. I am not crying about the sales anyway til not enough the master Nintendo games. Enterbrain is tracking their own service which I don't care about cause Shipped doesn't means sold.  NPD is what I go by. If they count shipped then DS should be at 200 million by now and Wii, and PSP should be at 120 or higher while 360 and PS3 at 100 or higher. 3DS would had been at 10-30 million if they count shipped. I go by Sold if the game is still in the store it should not be count as Sold. Calling me a Nintendo Fanboy and don't even know what consoles I own is ignorant. I owned all Sony consoles to date. I owned every Nintendo consoles since SNES.

"Nintendo fan for life"

Anyone else confused about Uncharted 3 sales? Why would Sony confirm that this data is not shipped but sold? But Uncharted 3 also lost to BF3 in the all format U.K. charts. I personally think that it's a bit undertracked by VGC for sure. I guess I'll just have to wait for NPD to tell the actual sales for Uncharted 3. But 3.8 million first day is COD sales (par with MW3 PS3 first day) so I'm just gonna wait for NPD. Trusting VGC is becoming harder and harder now