By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Midnight Game Launches

So tomorrow night I'm going to my first midnight launch for a video game. If you're wondering, it's Skyrim.

Is there an actual gathering of fans at these events, or do people just pay for the game and leave?

Around the Network

It depends really. When there are less people at events like these it tends to be a pay and leave deal but with big games like Halo, COD, Madden there are tons of fans and sometimes a pre-launch party with food, music and drinks (pop) And with bigger one's there are usually prizes.

Its usually fans who talk about the game and such.

Good place to have a nice discussion about the game and the new features and how the last game was great and such.

I just hope Skyrim brings out some dedicated fans, not just a pay and leave event, even though I'll be itching to get home and play it.

And lordmandeep, is that you from the BoxOfficeMojo forums? If so, I'm Noodlebug from there.

Its usually dedicated fans who like to talk about the game, especially if your close to the front!

Off topic -- but is skyrim first person or 3rd person?

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network

I went to the StarCraft II launch event at my local GameStop :P And there were some nice people there including some people that had never played SC before. It was a lovely time.

I don't think I'll ever attend a midnight launch, not because I'm afraid people will think I'm a nerd (everyone knows that anyway...) but simply because there's no need. Steam!!

Mummelmann said:
I don't think I'll ever attend a midnight launch, not because I'm afraid people will think I'm a nerd (everyone knows that anyway...) but simply because there's no need. Steam!!

Loner! :D

CatFangs806 said:
Mummelmann said:

No no, just efficent, imagine spending the time other spend on commute to and from the store on the actual game! Its exceedingly clever!

Mummelmann said:
CatFangs806 said:
Mummelmann said:

No no, just efficent, imagine spending the time other spend on commute to and from the store on the actual game! Its exceedingly clever!

But think of all the cool fans you could meet and socialize with about the game. That's what I plan on doing.