By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Reviews Super Mario 3D Land!!! Oh.... YEAH!

morenoingrato said:
pezus said:
morenoingrato said:
Okay, so when U3 got a 10 IGN was the best website ever, but now it sucks?
Gimme a break -_-

It's actually exactly the opposite.

Yeah, I didn't find many complains when U3 got a 10, but complains were like... endless when SMG2 got a 10.

Oh God don't remind me... The SMG2-is-an-extension-for-SMG argument... shish!

Around the Network
pezus said:
*sigh* Another yearly franchise getting 90+ scores

I thought you liked yearly releases such as Fifa and NBA 2k?

I never thought it would happen but.....I've played so many good games in the past few months that the thought of playing another good one is making me feel sick. I'm gonna buy it, though. It's like I feel obligated to do so. I know it's gonna be fun and I know I'm going to love it but I'm not looking forward to it. It's hard to explain.

That's awesome. I need a 3DS badly! I'll have to endure this suffering..

Same score for Rayman:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212052p1.html

Around the Network
pezus said:
Runa216 said:
pezus said:
Runa216 said:
pezus said:

since when is mario land a yearly franchise? 

Mario, not Mario land

Except the fact that different marios have different gameplay styles and therefore are not of the same series. 

That's like saying Jak&Daxter and Jak X are not in the same series, or Crash Bandicoot 3 and Crash Team Racing are not in the same series

I'd usually agree, but the difference is that Jak and Daxter has what, 5 or 6 games total?  Crash less than 10?  MArio has been in hundreds of games by now, smash brothers, mariokart, mario party, mario bros, mario world, mario galaxy, New Super Mario, Mario RPG/paper mario/mario and luigi...by the time you're done it's not a series as much as it is is a character in a lot of games.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

pezus said:
Runa216 said:
pezus said:
Runa216 said:
pezus said:

since when is mario land a yearly franchise? 

Mario, not Mario land

Except the fact that different marios have different gameplay styles and therefore are not of the same series. 

That's like saying Jak&Daxter and Jak X are not in the same series, or Crash Bandicoot 3 and Crash Team Racing are not in the same series

If you're  saying  that the many  genres of Mario games are the same because they feature Mario, then you're just being silly.

Anyways, those games are consistently good/great, so complaining about the scores they get is null.

pezus said:

Wow, they're really milking him!

LEAVE MARIO ALONE! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

@Pezus, so you don't have a problem with Fifa being overmilked, but you do with Mario.
No one is forcing you to play it, and honestly, your opinion won't change the score.

Boutros said:
Same score for Rayman:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212052p1.html

NICE!!! ^_^

I'm glad platforming is at its finest this holiday, and if Ubisoft didn't dumb down the Wii version too much, I'm so buying this game.