By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The XBox looks like it would go the way of HDDVD

Seriously, with Blu-ray  getting new backers i dont just see how HDDVD will survive. To add to that, the PS3 has a builtin bluray player. this smells like success for sony. just look t those xbox numbers. A year head start, all its killer apps out, cheaper than the PS3. yet its still getting killed. Seriously microsoft, give it up. you cant do this. By the way, whats with the altered numbers for PS3 sales in the US? 

Around the Network

NO WAY!!!... I didn't know that...

Lol, PS3 beating X360 so bad that it should give up?...

I hope you realise that's sarcasm cuzz your post stinks...\

Edit: Are you sure that the PS3 has a Blu-ray player???... Jeesh, i didn't know that...

Edit 2: Xbox has all it's killer-aps out?... You mean Halo 3?... Cuzz last time i checked there were some nice exclusives coming to X360 in 2008... But hey, forget about them, your right XD...

Edit 3: Yeah, X360 should just give up... It's getting ass-whooped by PS3 SO BAD!!! XD... 

THE NETHERLANDS

Don't get too excited about Blu-Ray's assumed victory. Although it's of course good for Blu-Ray, and might even increase PS3 sales, it doesn't mean that people who buy it for Blu-Ray will get games for it.

It could end up as a Blu-Ray playing machine which most game developers care little about (as they do now).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wii is just a fad!

KrisisKore said:
Seriously, with Blu-ray  getting new backers i dont just see how HDDVD will survive. To add to that, the PS3 has a builtin bluray player. this smells like success for sony. just look t those xbox numbers. A year head start, all its killer apps out, cheaper than the PS3. yet its still getting killed. Seriously microsoft, give it up. you cant do this. By the way, whats with the altered numbers for PS3 sales in the US? 

Take the blinders off dude, the format war has little to do with videogames. Plus PS3 has a loooooong way to catch up to 360.

Around the Network
Rugger08 said:
Wii is just a fad!

Yup... A fad that will last until the next generation comes... And then it'll have sold 100 million units. 

THE NETHERLANDS

Getting killed, you say?

While I realize that this is the SONY forum and that there are some here who froth for such sentiment, the success of blu-ray does not grant the PS3 an automatic victory. I think not - mind you that I own a PS3 and do not own a 360.

"Killed" is also a relative term, as the PS3 is only slightly over the sales curve of the 360 with aligmed time frames. Microsoft is not out of the game yet, and those who think so are underestimating Gates and company. Halo 3 is not the only game Microsoft had, nor will it be the last or best for the 360. Add the potential for more price cuts - which Sony will not easily be able to match - and 360 is far from dead.

There are plenty of games coming out for all systems that make them worth owning. I own a PS3 and I will own a Wii - but not till I can find one with no effort for retail price. As for the 360, who knows, anything is possible, but they will succeed over last generation (XBOX) and it will be a close race.

EDIT:  Wow, in the coarse of me typing up my reply - 4 other people beat me, and when did Wii come into this?

KrisisKore said:
Seriously, with Blu-ray getting new backers i dont just see how HDDVD will survive. To add to that, the PS3 has a builtin bluray player. this smells like success for sony. just look t those xbox numbers. A year head start, all its killer apps out, cheaper than the PS3. yet its still getting killed. Seriously microsoft, give it up. you cant do this. By the way, whats with the altered numbers for PS3 sales in the US?

First Year

2 Models

1 Bundle

VS

2 $100 price cuts

4 Models

Started Pack

Drop of BC to drop the price

Bundles with BR movies

¿Who has troubles to keep up?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
KrisisKore said:
Seriously, with Blu-ray getting new backers i dont just see how HDDVD will survive. To add to that, the PS3 has a builtin bluray player. this smells like success for sony. just look t those xbox numbers. A year head start, all its killer apps out, cheaper than the PS3. yet its still getting killed. Seriously microsoft, give it up. you cant do this. By the way, whats with the altered numbers for PS3 sales in the US?

First Year

2 Models

1 Bundle

VS

2 $100 price cuts

4 Models

Started Pack

Drop of BC to drop the price

Bundles with BR movies

¿Who has troubles to keep up?

win

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Hey man, why doesn't sony just give up. I mean look at those sales compared to the Wii. They should just throw in the towel, especially since sales figures are the only thing that matters... its not like companies give a damn about making a profit.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"