By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 05th November 2011

Lol 360 is down

Around the Network

Awesome nos for the PS3.

Numbers overall (except PS3) are a bit low. 3DS has a chance to push though in the next few weeks, and maybe Wii too, but things aren't looking too good before the holidays

WoW:

PS3 +20%
PSP + 15%
DS +15%
3DS +14%
Wii +11%
X360 –10%

All HW up except with X360, which is down on the back of Battlefield. Next week both HD consoles should go well up with MW3 and Skyrim.

YoY

3DS+DS +5%
PS3 +1%
PSP –1%
X360 –4%
Wii –41%
DS –68%

All HW down YoY except for PS3 which is 1% up. Wii massively down, but I don't know if it's due to some release last year this time. Other than that all consoles are holding pretty well.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

kowenicki said:
360 down and everything else up... sorry... but no.

What do you mean? X360 just had Battlefield which boosted the console a lot. Just check this graph http://www.vgchartz.com/home.php

You can see that the X360 boost is way above the other consoles' boosts, so I think it's pretty normal that it's the only console down this week. Next week it'll be massively up again anyway.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

And I still wonder why the hell 360 had that massive boost last week. Without that boost 360 sales would be flat this week.
Well done Uncharted 3, I predicted 700k in Americas and 500k in EMEEA forgetting Japan, so now japanese sales will close the gap for Americas and make this masterpiece reach the numbers I predicted ;)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Wow , UC3 did wonders for the PS3 in EMEAA.

Troll_Whisperer said:
WoW:

PS3 +20%
PSP + 15%
DS +15%
3DS +14%
Wii +11%
X360 –10%

All HW up except with X360, which is down on the back of Battlefield. Next week both HD consoles should go well up with MW3 and Skyrim.

YoY

3DS+DS +5%
PS3 +1%
PSP –1%
X360 –4%
Wii –41%
DS –68%

All HW down YoY except for PS3 which is 1% up. Wii massively down, but I don't know if it's due to some release last year this time. Other than that all consoles are holding pretty well.

I think the red Wii bundle was released last year at this time

Edit: Checked, and yes it was. And the week before that it had another bundle released cause it saw a 96% increase. 

The PS3 with a big chance of selling 350k this week, with a 70k lead over 360 and a 100k lead on the Wii.

I am officially very intrigued by next weeks numbers. No doubt the 360 will go crazy, but people are underestimating the effect it will have on the PS3 also. It will be closer then what happened last year when Black ops dropped (140k worldwide).

PS3 is a monster in EMEAA right now

PS3 is dominating outside of America.

Even in Canada, the PS3 is on par with Xbox in total sales.