By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RedLynx (Trials HD) bought by Ubisoft

Tagged games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-02-ubisoft-acquires-trials-hd-developer

Trials HD developer RedLynx is now owned by Ubisoft, the French publisher has announced.

The French publisher explained that the acquisition continues its current strategy of strengthening its online expertise and infrastructure.

"The team at RedLynx has developed exceptionally strong digital brands that stand out for their high replay value, their long tail sales and their multiplatform positioning," commented Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

"We are delighted to welcome RedLynx to the Ubisoft family. Their expertise in asynchronous online games and physics-based game mechanics provides us with a great opportunity to bring their powerful brands, most notably Trials, to an even broader range of fast-growing digital platforms."

RedLynx CEO Tero Virtala added that the move affords the Finnish studio the opportunity to reach a wider audience than it could hope to as an indie.

"We were attracted by Ubisoft's focus on creativity and quality, and the fact that they base their long-term strategy on both the traditional and digital distribution video game markets," he explained.

"The reality of today's market is not about platforms, it's about creating excellent gaming experiences that consumers can play on any device or screen they like.

"As part of the Ubisoft team, RedLynx will be able to focus even more intently on creating stand-out, excellent brands that push the boundaries of online gaming in many new growth areas.

"With Ubisoft, a wider audience will get the chance to enjoy our games, we'll generate more value for our brands, and also leverage our experience more broadly in digital distribution channels."

RedLynx's next title, Trials Evolution, is due for release on Xbox Live Arcade "in the coming months".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if it's becoming a trend for publishers to pick up indie devs. Microsoft picked up Twisted Pixel, and now RedLynx is owned by Ubisoft.

Around the Network

Lots of mediocre downloadable titles incoming!

Most likely another 360 exclusive gone

PullusPardus said:

Ubisoft published both Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and Outland, both of which are great downloadable titles. I don't think RedLynx is going to start producing worse games because of this.

trials hd sucked, so i doubt they could start producing worse things.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
PullusPardus said:

Ubisoft published both Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and Outland, both of which are great downloadable titles. I don't think RedLynx is going to start producing worse games because of this.

Yes, those are only published, ones who made CritterCrunch and the other who made Super Stardust,

however for RedLynx they became part of ubisoft, IE going to get the short stick.

PullusPardus said:
Rainbird said:
PullusPardus said:

Yes, those are only published, ones who made CritterCrunch and the other who made Super Stardust,

however for RedLynx they became part of ubisoft, IE going to get the short stick.

Why exactly? Surely Ubisoft would want them producing the best games they can, and by the looks of it, they know how to treat indie developers. Why would RedLynx be held back by Ubisoft?

great news i guess

So RedLynx is part of Gameloft now? Poor finnish guys, Nokia should have bought them.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Am I the only one who thought MS would also acquire these guys after they acquired twisted pixel?