By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim Original Soundtrack Spans Over 4 CDs

Skyrim Original Soundtrack Spans Over 4 CDs

We've just recieved word from Game-OST that the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim soundtrack will span over 4 CDs.  Given the massive nature of everything related to Skyrim, except the Xbox 360 install size, this isn't really much of a shock.

From the size of the world, to the size of the strategy guide, to the apparent leaked size of the soundtrack, Skyrim is doing everything bigger, and better as evidenced from a recent graphical comparison to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

The leak apparantly came from the digital music store Directsong.com, which has since been removed, but fromw hat we've found out the soundtrack will consist of four CDs and cost $30.  That's quite a hefty pricetag, and probably reason why the soundtrack wasn't included in the collector's edition.  But take into account you're probably getting around 300 minutes of soundtrack music (about 80 minutes each CD times 4 cds)

http://www.gamezone.com/news/skyrim-original-soundtrack-spans-over-4-cds

-----------------------------

Wow! How amazing is that! I'm the biggest fan of Jeremy Soule and the Oblivion soundtrack is my favorite of all time. And now we get 4 hours of this fantastic music. What an incredible present. I can't believe it's true until I hear it.

Some examples of what we can expect:

And one of my favorites from Oblivion:

Around the Network

Looking forward to it. I liked what I heard in that 30 minute demo.

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

Man, I would like to be able to buy more game soundtracks digitally. I like paying for my music and thereby supporting the publishers. Amazon's MP3 section is lacking in this respect!

This directsong place seems nice for some soundtracks, but where could I find more? iTunes?

I'm broke at the moment, but i have enough money to buy this game instead of non canned food... and i picked this game xD

I seriously can't comprehend how they are fitting so much stuff into a 3.8 GB game (if that's truly how small it is)

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
I seriously can't comprehend how they are fitting so much stuff into a 3.8 GB game (if that's truly how small it is)

I think 3.8 is what you instal on the xbox 360 hard drive. The pc specs are require 6GB atleast. So i assume it is around that ballpark. Impressive compression nonetheless. 

green_sky said:
yo_john117 said:

I think 3.8 is what you instal on the xbox 360 hard drive. The pc specs are require 6GB atleast. So i assume it is around that ballpark. Impressive compression nonetheless. 

When you install games on the 360 you install the whole game, not just parts of it. Why would they even bother not trying to fill up the DVD is what i'm wondering. Are they just trying to prove that it's possible to have such a massive game in such a small space.

i just hope that this doesn't mean we will see the same stones/furniture/whatever in every house/city/wood. if i think about that everything you can pick up is viewable in the menu in 3d, such a big soundtrack and this huge world than i can't believe they did all of this only with compression. i really hope the world won't be smaller than oblivion. they say it won't be smaller but i'm not sure if this is the truth.

2.4gb of music in a 3.8gb game? What are the chances it will be uncompressed on ps3, zero I guess, since it would have easily fitted on a dvd as well.

Maybe it has some amazing procedural generation algorithms to keep everything from looking the same?