By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Twas the Night Before Christmas-Mafia Round 35

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

I think hat is pretty transparent.. and by that I mean I think he's town.  Even if I thought he was scum I'd still want to hear people's thoughts on him. So with that I dislike prof's advice for everyone to ignore him.

At thte time I thought he was just purposely adding confusion. When he refers to the Kingdom Hearts moment, not only does he attribute stefl with the originating of it, but he calls it a shitstorm.

In reality, he's been having people talk about nonsense, he didn't read the OP, and he thought he was in the Xmen.

While I believe he's town also, at that point in the game (and still now) I don't think he's said anything that could help elucidate anything. (Ofcourse, there may be some vague post that he'll be sure to say was a stab at X who will turn up mafia at the end of the game). Hat is more than capable of drumming up discussion, but let's see something a bit more informed.

Also, what does everyone think about lynching today? We haven't had this discussion in a while.

As usual, I'm open to it, provided we find a suitable candidate. I currently don't suspect anyone all that much outside of MDJ acting crazy and disappearing.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I haven't thought about it like that prof, thanks! I guess I do tend to link myself to God-like figures like Mickey Mouse. I am a King after all and I unconsciously make royal associations!
oh and the the other stuff you said ... sure?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theprof00 said:
hatmoza said:
Linkzmax said:

I think hat is pretty transparent.. and by that I mean I think he's town.  Even if I thought he was scum I'd still want to hear people's thoughts on him. So with that I dislike prof's advice for everyone to ignore him.

However, I'm not agreeing with hat's reads, particularly on Stefl and Son1x. Stefl's first post came off as quite defensive for no reason, and the PM thing just irks me a lot. First, nobody would admit it(at least those that played in the round where I did it), second I was town so it wasn't even a good tell.(even if it had been in the past) hat, is there actually something to this post that gave you a pro-town read, or was it just his defense of you?

I'd agree that Son1x's first post was a wordy way of saying nothing, which would ring a bell for me. However, the snarky comeback has me thinking town. Clearly it's not serious even if he were scum, but I'm not sure scum would even be thinking about having to send secret messages to each other.

I was interested that Truck's was portraying the KH topic as if I introduced  it. just as I was about to point out that it was not me who originally brought it up, stefl stepped in and said it was actually him who first mentioned KH. I just got a town read out of that if it means anything.

I dunno, maybe because I'm used to scum letting loose ends be.

Also, about son1x ... don't be fooled. He's no stranger to mafia.

Except that it was you who took the off-hand mention of it, and ran with it.

Sorry, but you had everything to do with the Kingdom hearts being in this discussion, mentioning that you wonder who is Mickey, referring to yourself  as a (capitalized) King AFTER you had blatantly called yourself cyclops (the reference that you'd rather be wolverine, as those two are never far from each other), but yet not until you came out and said it.

Honestly, I was getting the vibe that you were Mickey, so it was taking me a while to decide whether my mind was blown or not. In the end, I believe you had no idea about the whole thing, so really, what happened was you causing a mess with little purpose.

It's like you to do something like that, and if it helps you, then please keep doing what you're doing, but don't expect me to stand by while you transform the thread into something only you can understand. Your mess helps you, and my suspecting people in a normal manner helps me. The two can coexist, so let's not talk about how I'm stifling discussion when the only discussion is one that you solely understand.

Like, how am I supposed to show you up if you've created an artificial context? At best, I'd have to both figure out what you're looking for and once that's done, the only people I can trust to make a mistake are people I would consider dumber than myself, and that's not a solid figure I can rely on, nor is it a good condition.

This is the reason what I always hated about Hat's playstyle. He always acts as if he plays his own game, and that's the reason I have problems deciphering him. His playstyle could help town because the scum can't get a read on him, but as scum he could manipulate the town to his wishing.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

This is the reason what I always hated about Hat's playstyle. He always acts as if he plays his own game, and that's the reason I have problems deciphering him. His playstyle could help town because the scum can't get a read on him, but as scum he could manipulate the town to his wishing.

The most interesting thing about this though, is that Hat hasn't been mafia in such a long time, that nobody remembers how he plays as mafia. IIRC he played very safe and was quiet. How that may have changed over the course of the last 8 games or so, I wouldn't be able to tell you, but I'd think he'd appear just as out of place as he did then.

When I go game by game with Hat, he appears out of place every game, as every game he plays slightly differently from the last. Perhaps I need to take a more macro analysis of his play. Rather than doing different things, or doing things differently, maybe I should be concerned about broad changes? Time will tell, but when I take this new viewpoint, his play this game is exactly the same as the few before this one, so I'd say he's at least very consistent, if not town entirely.

Who knows, he might be anti-town survivor, in which case I'll vote him immediately. That would be great.

hatmoza said:
I haven't thought about it like that prof, thanks! I guess I do tend to link myself to God-like figures like Mickey Mouse. I am a King after all and I unconsciously make royal associations!
oh and the the other stuff you said ... sure?

Sigh, Mickey Mouse is the king in Kingdom Hearts. Don't you know anything?

You baited someone to claim mickey (in my eyes), and then referred to yourself as a King, all the while under the heading of Kingdom Hearts. You're just a bull in a china-shop aren't you?

You know what else is helping me get a read on you? I stopped assuming that you knew what you were doing. :D

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

The most interesting thing about this though, is that Hat hasn't been mafia in such a long time, that nobody remembers how he plays as mafia. IIRC he played very safe and was quiet. How that may have changed over the course of the last 8 games or so, I wouldn't be able to tell you, but I'd think he'd appear just as out of place as he did then.

When I go game by game with Hat, he appears out of place every game, as every game he plays slightly differently from the last. Perhaps I need to take a more macro analysis of his play. Rather than doing different things, or doing things differently, maybe I should be concerned about broad changes? Time will tell, but when I take this new viewpoint, his play this game is exactly the same as the few before this one, so I'd say he's at least very consistent, if not town entirely.

Who knows, he might be anti-town survivor, in which case I'll vote him immediately. That would be great.

What, you are FOR lynching the anti-town survivor on day 1?

XD

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

What, you are FOR lynching the anti-town survivor on day 1?

XD

Absolutely, anti-town survivors win by killing everyone and being the last person standing. I'm not going to go let the survivor get off his 3 or 4 kills per night...unless of course he mistakenly kills mafia, that would be fine. I wouldn't expect that to happen though, survivor knows all the members of mafia, so he shouldn't be going after mafia at night or during the day unless there is some kind of bussing of redirect.

But I keed, If Hat is a survivor....I won't vote him unless absolutely necessary

I find prof's admiration of my status adorable.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

day 3/7.... i'm all for a lynch, might revise that by 7/7 though ^^

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Linkzmax said:
Noctis and Moreno are first-timers right?

Yeah, indeed I am.