By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Top Movies of the 80's elimination thread! Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard tied for first place! Sudden death?

+ Die Hard

Around the Network

I'm glad one of my favorite movies of all time did so well.

"It's all in the reflexes!"

A tie?!   Noooooooooooo!

Great thread, Spurgeonryan!   :)

+ Aliens

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

spurgeonryan said:
Michael-5 said:
+ Aliens

I will accept it.

Big Hard China still won.

You have Aliens at 46 and Big Trouble in Little China at 36......

Aliens won.

wait......I see...........

Aliens still one sucka! But now I have a few new movies to watch.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

spurgeonryan said:

Thank you to all of you who have been voting on this thread for months now! The 80's had a lot of classic movies, and it was hard work to get through them all. That was especially the case when I threw in 30-40 extra movies in the bonus round. But we got through them all and hopefully had a little fun with a little drama mixed in for good measure.

Until next time......

For the best 90's film thread, I recommend that you take the high box office sales movies and add the bonus round films immediatly. Do a bonus round at the same time you start the new thread and add the films before anything gets deleted.

Also stick with a +3/-5 system (so plus votes carry weight) and start at 16 or 17 HP so it takes 4 -'ve votes to kill something immediatly, and at least 2 to increase that.

Finally, play my elimination games :P

Around the Network
archbrix said:

I'm glad one of my favorite movies of all time did so well.

[...]

A tie?!   Noooooooooooo!

Great thread, Spurgeonryan!   :)

Me glad too.

That scene was LOLtastic!

And yes, great thread Spurgeonryan, but now if I don't recover some sleep during the day, I'll be a zombie for New Year's Eve! I blame the 80's!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Michael-5 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Thank you to all of you who have been voting on this thread for months now! The 80's had a lot of classic movies, and it was hard work to get through them all. That was especially the case when I threw in 30-40 extra movies in the bonus round. But we got through them all and hopefully had a little fun with a little drama mixed in for good measure.

Until next time......

For the best 90's film thread, I recommend that you take the high box office sales movies and add the bonus round films immediatly. Do a bonus round at the same time you start the new thread and add the films before anything gets deleted.

Also stick with a +3/-5 system (so plus votes carry weight) and start at 16 or 17 HP so it takes 4 -'ve votes to kill something immediatly, and at least 2 to increase that.

Finally, play my elimination games :P

I agree with the +3/-5 system, and to include the bonus round films immediately, or at least as soon as possible. I'd make HP start at 20, though, with a -5 killing vote it shouldn't take too much anyway to eliminate most movies and arrive to the hot final phases quicker.

I joined this thread late, but I guess the 90's thread won't be able to grip me as much.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

spurgeonryan said:
Here you go! In Alphabetical order.... :P

Big Trouble 20
Die Hard 20
Akira 8
Aliens 7
Blade Runner 6
Pale Rider 4
Excaliber 2
Back to the future 1
Princess Bride 1

So, no winner ? I demand a final round between Die hard and Big Trouble!

Big trouble in Little China

(I came in time )

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

+ Die Hard :P