By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I didnt read ioi post ,we were writing at the same time it seems .In any case my post wasnt diriged to him

Around the Network

Why are you so hateful, Diomedes?

DIOMEDEDS1976!!!! You were wrong on France. Ioi checked with GFK and has adjusted the numbers to be an accurate representation of France. As for Spain, Ioi has acknowledged that you were correct (though not to the extent you thought you were) and modified the numbers.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DIOMEDEDS1976!!!! You were wrong on France. Ioi checked with GFK and has adjusted the numbers to be an accurate representation of France. As for Spain, Ioi has acknowledged that you were correct (though not to the extent you thought you were) and modified the numbers.

Hopefuly this cheers the guy up. It's so sad to him this angry with the site.

Its easy to get angry with the numbers but at the end of the day Ioi is gonna be a lot more informed than anyone on here. Besides, European data must be extremely hard to come by, and even harder to ensure its accurate. Im glad we've got it at all.

I look at the figures with a broad spectrum, each number could be as much as 500k off as even NPD data doesnt take all stores into account. Ioi adjusts the numbers when he recieves data which suggests his own data is wrong. Im pretty sure the data will continue to be refined and become more accurate as time goes on.

If Diomedes cant handle that then he shouldnt trust VGchartz' numbers, no one is forcing him to.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

Thanks ioi, that gives good insight and it makes sense as to where VGC would be strong/weak

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Slimebeast said:
Yeah, por favor Diomedes, show us the evidence asap!

ioi
Hey ioi, btw, how much accuracy do you have in those Scandinavia sales numbers? I don't have any proof, but such a clear lead for the PS3 seems very strange to me coming from the biggest Scandinavian country, Sweden, cuz the "feeling" here is that the X360 is by far the more popular console and the mind frame (?) of people is simply put that the PS3 is struggling (even after the heavy price drop).

I find that a bit hard to swallow, I went to Denmark this on summer vacation '07, and the PS3 was destroying the 360 over there. Here in Norway, it took the PS3 approx 7-8 months to whizz past the 360 in sales from March release. From what I understood when we drove through Sweden both down and up to/from Denmark, the same was the case there. I could be wrong, since I'm not Swedish, but it seems strange that Sweden would be vastly different from Denmark and Norway in this regard. I'm sure ioi is on top of the situation. I might send him a few links to provide proof for PS3 dominance in Norway if it helps, if he wants it that is.

by the way, are these numbers correct?
http://www.destructoid.com/who-needs-the-npd-here-s-next-gen-lifetime-console-sales-data-53157.phtml
2,105k LTB by september 2007? and that USA alone or with Canada?

but here september numbers are same:
http://www.thesimexchange.com/futures.php?month=September&year=2007

http://www.digital-digest.com/blog/DVDGuy/2007/11/17/game-consoles-october-2007-npd-sales-figure-analysis/
here october LTD are 1,900k.

so how many LTD by november 2007 of PS3 according to NPD in USA+Canada? =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Mummelmann said:
Slimebeast said:

ioi
Hey ioi, btw, how much accuracy do you have in those Scandinavia sales numbers? I don't have any proof, but such a clear lead for the PS3 seems very strange to me coming from the biggest Scandinavian country, Sweden, cuz the "feeling" here is that the X360 is by far the more popular console and the mind frame (?) of people is simply put that the PS3 is struggling (even after the heavy price drop).

I find that a bit hard to swallow, I went to Denmark this on summer vacation '07, and the PS3 was destroying the 360 over there. Here in Norway, it took the PS3 approx 7-8 months to whizz past the 360 in sales from March release. From what I understood when we drove through Sweden both down and up to/from Denmark, the same was the case there. I could be wrong, since I'm not Swedish, but it seems strange that Sweden would be vastly different from Denmark and Norway in this regard. I'm sure ioi is on top of the situation. I might send him a few links to provide proof for PS3 dominance in Norway if it helps, if he wants it that is.

While you were driving, did you actually see the PS3 destroying the 360 from your car? ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

rukusa said:
Slimebeast said:

ioi

A "feeling" doesnt equel "evidence" lol. Get the hell outta here man. Don't use this topic as excuse to find possibilities for a lowering of the PS3 numbers to your likeing. Sweden is not representative of the scandinavian region.

Hey, watch your language or you might get expelled, possibly even deported.

Sweden can be seen as a representative of Scandinavia because Sweden is so much bigger than the other Scandinavian countries, which are very small. Also, the rest of Scandinavia follow the Swedish trend patterns - what Sweden does, the rest of Scandinavia does.