By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I just want to know how many wii's nintendo sold!

And ofcourse the NPD for december.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

a little question. You have changed spanish data. Where did you find some data about this? Want to know cause i'm from spain

One of the best things about this site's forums are the meltdowns diomedes experiences every week when his saviour-console stays at the far end of the lists.

About the ps3 numbers in france, nintendo france manager stated some numbers which included a 500k figure for the ps3. They might been shipped numbers, so who knows =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Ok my only thing is this. How does the PS3 lose 200,000 this month out of no where? And how is it possible to overtrack the PS3 by that much, but none of the other consoles?

I wouldn't mind understanding how such overtracking could happen on one console alone, and how it is decided that it needs to be fixed.

The numbers are extrapolations of small (2-3%) samples of what's actually occurring in the market. Sometimes this works well, sometimes it can be off by quite a bit. Christmas time tends to throw the patterns off.

Around the Network

This thread has been fun to read. When the numbers were changed I was little shocked. But after a few seconds thought, it all makes sense and proves the hard work and dedication that is put into this site to try and provide up to date and near bang on numbers week in and week out.

Good work, keep it up :)

Good to see this site is still going 

Diomedes1976 said:
Fact is that that there are massive proofs of the 360 being overtracked(NPD for october and november ,shipped numbers,MS France claims)yet the 360 numbers arent adjusted ever...

Hey hombre, shouldn't you just be happy about the PS3 outselling the X360 by 6 to 1 in your mighty homeland Spain, instead of whinning about the X360 being overtracked (for the 117th time)?

Not a big surprise ... common , Christmas is over , sales drop a lot ususally ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Just to say:

a) thanks for hard work on this site IOI and all contributors - keep it up so I don't have too (but at least you know I'm thinking fondly about you)

b) all numbers are best estimates in this industry. The console guys massage numbers about shipped vs sold at retail, about returns, etc. Retailers have deals. Consoles are replaced, etc. And all of this is in constant motion every day.

So, from what I see this site gives as good an indication of any as to what the sales might well be, and what the trends seem to be.

Quit complaining about hardware sales. My God, they are just a piece of machinery used for entertainment. You people are lucky you have a site like this which shows weekly/monthly/yearly sales for consoles and is for the public to comment on.

It's after the Christmas shopping season, what do you expect? Sales will be lagging for a little while until more software is released. Just be happy to see your favorite console do their best. Every console is a winner because each one is designed for everyone's different tastes. The consoles are like people; every one of them are unique and one of a kind. Differences in hardware and software are diversified because they appeal to different people.

PS3 sales are down, but will be steady, having their ups and downs weekly or so. The Wii will be available in the coming months or may not due to demand (this will be also affected by software; the same with PS3 and X360).

Just play your video games to keep you occupied and not worry about the sales. Be happy for what you own and support.