By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I figured it out. The hardcore love toys and stories, casuals love games.

Sevengen said:
Pyro said: "Definitions are subjective "

nicely done. Argument's over.

(debates always end when one of two things happen. One side gives up their position and defers to the opponent, or one side completely undermines their own logic by inadvertently proving the other sides point)

LOL @ this. So awesome.

Anyways in this thread I have learned that solitaire is only a toy the first time you play it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:

(debates always end when one of two things happen. One side gives up their position and defers to the opponent, or one side completely undermines their own logic by inadvertently proving the other sides point)

LOL @ this. So awesome.

Anyways in this thread I have learned that solitaire is only a toy the first time you play it.

No, it's always a toy unless you're trying to beat somebody's score.

Besides. Solitairre is a puzzle. Wordsearches and crosswords aren't real games are they?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:

LOL @ this. So awesome.

Besides. Solitairre is a puzzle. Wordsearches and crosswords aren't real games are they?

LOL, yes

Pyro as Bill said:
Euphoria14 said:

Now you have me confused because you said that playing golf by yourself while attempting to beat your old score changes it from a toy to a game...

I clearly remember my first time to be like this :

I went onto my computer, sorry I meant "toy". Anyways, while on my toy I decided to play the game "Solitaire". Sorry again, I meant to say that I went on my toy to play with the toy called Solitaire.

As expected I failed in my first attempt to play and hopefully beat Solitaire. Strange though since I never remember buying Ninja Turtle toys with the intent to "beat" them. Anyways let's move on.

After running out of moves (Yes, I had to read the rules in order to know I ran out of moves on my "Toy"). Once again, my Ninja Turtles never had a move limit. Anyways, I must be going off-topic again. Let me prove my point from my previous post.

After running out of moves I decided to play again, only this time I wanted to not run out of moves and finish the game the way the rules state you need to in order to "win" in Solitaire.

So from that point on I went from playing with the toy to playing the game.

Makes sense right?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Pyro as Bill said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:

LOL @ this. So awesome.

What is Scrabble? Kind of like a crossword puzzle without the questions.

If my fiance helps me with the newspaper crossword then we are gaming?

Currently playing:

Around the Network

I have been enlightened in this thread.

What is a sport? What is a game?

Where do we draw the line between a sport and a game?

If I am playing golf alone I am playing with a toy. If I am playing golf with another person we are playing with a toy together. If I play with another person and make it competitive with scoring it becomes a game.

Golf is a sport.

If I am playing Halo it is a toy. If I am playing Halo on co-op I am playing with a toy together. If I am playing deathmatch on Halo against the other person with a score then it becomes a game.

Is Halo deathmatch a sport? O_o

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Euphoria14 said:
Sevengen said:

LOL @ this. So awesome.

What is Scrabble? Kind of like a crossword puzzle without the questions.

If my fiance helps me with the newspaper crossword then we are gaming?

Scrabble is a game with 2+ people or a boring toy on your own.

If your fiance helps you with your single use puzzle toy then that's no different than helping my daughter dress her dolls. Just because it's a puzzle for her to put the dress on doesn't make it a game.

Not exactly sure what you're getting at

Euphoria14 said:

I have been enlightened in this thread.

What is a sport? What is a game?

Where do we draw the line between a sport and a game?

If I am playing golf alone I am playing with a toy. If I am playing golf with another person we are playing with a toy together. If I play with another person and make it competitive with scoring it becomes a game.

Golf is a sport.

If I am playing Halo it is a toy. If I am playing Halo on co-op I am playing with a toy together. If I am playing deathmatch on Halo against the other person with a score then it becomes a game.

Is Halo deathmatch a sport? O_o

I'd safely say that all sports are games. Whether all games are sport, depends on the modern definition of sport or sporting.

My IQ has dropped 5 points after reading this thread.