By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I figured it out. The hardcore love toys and stories, casuals love games.

I find it actually amusing that there were a lot of members trying to reply to the OP with correct information. He made it clear that he didn't care about the definitions nor did he care about what was correct or what wasn't. He made it clear that he only cared about his version of the "truth", hence he speaking in definitives.

Not a troll OP per se, just extremely biased opinions which the OP has no true desire to change. Ignorance, when percieved as the only truth, can be a powerful tool for some people.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
this is one of the worst thought out threads i've seen for a while... gratz on finding a new low!!

I thought that would be a difficult task for this guy, but I've been proved wrong!

Yakuzaice said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Yakuzaice said:

So, according to the OP playing golf by yourself would be playing with a toy, but playing with another person would make it a game?

Yes.

Clubs and balls are toys. If you're playing with a toy alone, you're not playing a game.

Only when someone else starts playing with your toy does it become a game.

The rules are what makes it a game though, not the number of people playing.

According to you, which of these would be games and which would be toys?

Playing golf trying to beat my personal best. Game. You're playing against somebody else. It might be your pb or somelse's, it doesn't matter.

Playing golf trying to beat another person's best. Game. See above.

Playing StarCraft trying to beat the AI. Toy. Clever toy but it's a toy.

Playing StarCraft trying to beat a human opponent. Game.

Two children playing with dolls. Could be a game they've invented with their toys or it could be a story they're telling.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

@ Sevengen letsetdark

Definitions are subjective and outdated, here have a 21st C deinition.

Toy1. an object (real or digital), often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.

Seece said:
kitler53 said:
this is one of the worst thought out threads i've seen for a while... gratz on finding a new low!!

I thought that would be a difficult task for this guy, but I've been proved wrong!

I don't expect the pokekids who have only grew up on digital toys to be able to understand the difference between a toy and a game.

Do you know what Lego is? Have you played Minecraft?

Have you ever gone to the effort of buying or unlocking costumes for your toy...er... i mean game? Have you ever played with Barbie?

They're the same thing.

Around the Network

Pyro said: "Definitions are subjective "

nicely done. Argument's over.

(debates always end when one of two things happen. One side gives up their position and defers to the opponent, or one side completely undermines their own logic by inadvertently proving the other sides point)

Pyro as Bill said:
Seece said:
kitler53 said:

I don't expect the pokekids who have only grew up on digital toys to be able to understand the difference between a toy and a game.

Have you ever gone to the effort of buying or unlocking costumes for your toy...er... i mean game? Have you ever played with Barbie?

They're the same thing.

Yeah I know the difference, I played lego, k-nex, meccano ect, it's you who doesn't get the difference as pointed out several times

Seece said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Seece said:
kitler53 said:

They're the same thing.

Yeah I know the difference, I played lego, k-nex, meccano ect, it's you who doesn't get the difference as pointed out several times

I know the difference between real life toys and digital toys. I also know the difference between real life games and digital games. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one who knows the difference between a digital game and a digital toy.

When does a real world toy become a real world game?

Sevengen said:
Pyro said: "Definitions are subjective "

nicely done. Argument's over.

(debates always end when one of two things happen. One side gives up their position and defers to the opponent, or one side completely undermines their own logic by inadvertently proving the other sides point)

Can we agree on this definition posted earlier by somebody else that I altered to take into account the digital age?

Toy1. an object (real or digital), often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.

This guy could have just said "Hardcore likes single-player games & casuals like Multiplayer games", but no, he had to go and attempt to discredit proven & well-established definitions, while at the same time, creating his own twisted definitions. What is your purpose?