By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Line goes Blu !

Also , if you read the article correctly , it states that HBO will probably go the same way to soon . Also , Universal could go neutral ( or even BRD exclusive ) any time now , so with only Paramount remaining ... well , there is nothing left for them ....

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

This is a massive blow .THis war was stupid and Blu Ray winning it was the best way as its the better technology .So the war ending ,or nearly as Toshiba will try another desperate move probably ,is good for consumers .Maybe now without the fear of choosing the losing side the HD era will come for good .

Sony:"Thank you,PS3." LOTR on blu ray??Great news!

ssj12 said:
madskillz said:
Sweet - goodbye region free movies, hello region locking!!!!!! I am too excited!

your point.. at least Sony's regions are 100% better then DVD's. Region 1 is USA and Japan. That is good! Especially for anime fans like me!! =D

That's cool, two of my room mates (and their friends) are pretty big on Japanese films. They watch them all the time too. I need to watch Survive Style 5, they talk about how great it is. 

sad for hd-dvd look like their time has been up!

^_^

Around the Network

a bad news for downloaders

who wanna download the frickin 30GB movie OMFG!

IllegalPaladin said:
ssj12 said:
madskillz said:
Sweet - goodbye region free movies, hello region locking!!!!!! I am too excited!

your point.. at least Sony's regions are 100% better then DVD's. Region 1 is USA and Japan. That is good! Especially for anime fans like me!! =D

That's cool, two of my room mates (and their friends) are pretty big on Japanese films. They watch them all the time too. I need to watch Survive Style 5, they talk about how great it is.

Survive Style 5+ = awesome movie.  May I also recommend Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl.

madskillz said:
If I have to choose between region codes and movies being delayed in the US until their European theatrical run is finished, I'll take region codes, thank you very much.

Well we all knew this was going to happen. I mean, Blu Ray has more capacity, so there will be more content and higher resolution and sound. Simple.

And I know I keep saying this, but both formats are stubs. Downloadable streaming movies is the future and we all know it. Some of us might even be getting our content this way already (albeit illegally)

As much as I hate to use Amazon.com as a reference...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/dvd/ref=pd_ts_c_th_more?&pf_rd_p=344050601&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=130&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16CGZEB7CCM2BDGW552M