By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Line goes Blu !

LordTheNightKnight said:
windbane said:

Well it's an internet forum, so you are going to get a lot of that. However, you come across as arrogantly negative. Just correct their mistakes. People troll on both sides, and on all sides of every argument for that matter.

And I would take that advice if I wasn't already doing it since two days ago. And if you look at my posts since then, you would see I dropped a combative stance.

heh, fair enough.  I apologize.

I'll hold back the attacks as well. 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
ferret1603 said:
madskillz said:
Sweet - goodbye region free movies, hello region locking!!!!!! I am too excited!

I bought a multi-region DVD player for £20. The same thing'll happen with Blu Ray. Regions are just a temporary inconvenience fortunately, I wish the same could be said with regions on console games.

PS3 games are region free. :)

Second biggest plus in my mind behind backwords compatability.  Once i get a PS3 i might start importing strategy tactics games.  Sure i don't know japanese but... I do love tactics.

Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
ferret1603 said:
madskillz said:
Sweet - goodbye region free movies, hello region locking!!!!!! I am too excited!

I bought a multi-region DVD player for £20. The same thing'll happen with Blu Ray. Regions are just a temporary inconvenience fortunately, I wish the same could be said with regions on console games.

PS3 games are region free. :)

Second biggest plus in my mind behind backwords compatability. Once i get a PS3 i might start importing strategy tactics games. Sure i don't know japanese but... I do love tactics.

You'd best learn, or those games will just be guessing, which would defeat the purpose of the strategy and tactics. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Did not see that coming.

ha.

@DMeisterJ

Havent you heard?

Toshiba offered New Line Cinema more than they offered Paramount and then sony was like "Yo, listen here. We will double what those other guys offer." And New Line Cinema was like "Okay dude, but you have to throw in free ps3's to the whole staff" and then Sony said "Psh, PS3's WE'LL GIVE YOU THE FIRST PS4'S RIGHT OFF THE CONVEYOR! Now Can You Dig That?" and the only thing New Line Cinema had to respond to that was "Sucka?"

Of course, I just base this on speculation. I figure if people can do that with MGS4 and Warner getting paid off, why can't I?

Around the Network

What's the weinstein company? I know they do the scream franchises. Nevermind not important. Anyway I read this new line a day or so ago and it just keeps looking better for blu-ray.

@Blaiyan It's a small company. They havent gotten much money together to even put out HD-DVD movies.(from what i gather)

PooperScooper said:
@Blaiyan It's a small company. They havent gotten much money together to even put out HD-DVD movies.(from what i gather)

They were originally HD DVD exclusive, but stopped putting out movies altogether back around June. Over time, rumors popped up saying that they were waiting things out to see which format was more likely to win. More time passed, and rumors popped up saying that they had unofficially gone neutral, as the Collector's Edition of Stranglehold for the PS3 came with Hard Boiled, a Weinstein film, in HD on the disc. However, that was the only HD film they released at the time, and Weinstein still seemed to be ignoring both HD formats completely. Later on, even more rumors sprang up, this time proposing that they were waiting on a move from Warner, and whichever way Warner went, they would follow. Well, Warner has made their decision, so we just have to wait and see what Weinstein will do now.

Mars said:
Did not see that coming.

ha.

Yeah ... it seams that nobody was , seeing that HD-DVDs made no appearance on CES :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Warner may be releasing on HD DVD until may, but New Line is going exclusive immediately, according to HighDefDigest:

Confirming earlier reports that it would follow Warner to Blu-ray exclusivity, New Line says its first HD DVD title ('Pan's Labryinth') will also be its last.